PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon teas

FenwayGirl
11-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Is there anyplace in WDW that 2 adults can do a nice afternoon tea?

LauraF
11-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Grand Floridan Afternoon Tea (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/gftea.asp)

Eeyore's Pal
11-13-2008, 03:53 PM
The afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian is wonderful. It's a tradition with my Mother and I that we have to do every time.

Disnamic Duo
11-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Grand Floridian...We HIGHLY recommend it. Very enjoyable!

mouseketeer mom
11-13-2008, 05:40 PM
The afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian is wonderful. This was a highlight of our past trip. I went with my 2 daughters. We had the Buckingham tea. It was served in courses. First, each of us picked out our own tea. Then we each had a delicious assortment of finger sandwiches, then onto scones and cream, then onto pastries. It was so much more to eat then it seemed. This was a special afternoon, one we would readily repeat!! We felt like royalty.

FenwayGirl
11-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks for all of the info.

My sister and I are doing a "girls only" trip in May and I thought this would be a nice birthday present for her.

TheDuckRocks
11-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Not just the "girls" like the afternoon tea, this has become just about the highlight of my husband's trip.

LandFan
11-14-2008, 10:45 AM
My DH likes it too! He thought he would hate it but I got him to try it last year and now he really likes it! I guess the Brandy Alexander with the double shot of brandy (they couldn't find any brandy - even though this drink is on their menu so they were so apologetic they dumped two shots in) might have had something to do with it:D

ElenitaB
11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
And not only DHs enjoy the experience... my DS did as well.

The Grand Floridian tea service is quite nice and compared to other teas we have been to, quite reasonable as well.

Enjoy!