PDA

View Full Version : Table Service in Hollywood Studios?

HeadFairyInCharge
11-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Is Hollywood Brown Derby worth the 2 TS Credits to dine here or is Mama Melrose okay for a sit down dinner at DHS ? We are trying to decide on weather to change to Brown Derby for quality and closer to Fantasmic show after dinner. For a Sunday in December will the wait for Fantasmic be over an hour line and I will be rushing to get in line tracking across entire park by 7PM show from Mama Melrose.:marg: Need Opinions please !

dfamasb
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM
I've never eaten at Brown Derby so I can't comment on that, but I have eaten at Mama Melrose's and it was good from what I remember. Are you doing the Fantasmic dinner package?? That would reduce your wait time for seats to the show.

KatMark
11-13-2008, 02:12 PM
My DH and I were not overly fond of the Brown Derby. Our service was lackluster (and there were only four or five tables occupied the whole time we were there). The food was mediocre in my opinion and my DH, who LOVES his desserts, thought the grapefruit cake was the most disgusting thing he ever had. :ack:

We have dined at Mama Melrose four or five times now and we have always enjoyed our meal and had great service. It's not gourment, but we enjoy it.

Disnamic Duo
11-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Brown Derby is an EXCELLENT restaurant! One of my favorite places in WDW. Although I think Mama Melrose is decent, I think HBD is FAR better. Excellent food and service each time we've gone.

DisneyHoneymooners
11-14-2008, 10:06 AM
We ate at the Brown Derby in September and we absolutely loved it!!!! The service was great and the food was even better. Just remember if you use the Fantasmic Dinner package you have to eat by a certain time-which I believe is 5:30pm and you can only see the 8pm show-assuming there are 2 shows that night. But the dinner package definitely cuts down on the wait for seating
We've never eaten at Mama melrose so i can't speak for that.

RedSoxFan
11-14-2008, 01:26 PM
We've eaten at Mama Melrose twice and it was wonderful both times. I highly recommend it.

laurenC325
11-15-2008, 01:26 PM
We ate at Brown Derby about a month ago on our honeymoon and it was awful! The service was really bad. (and I'm a waitress so I'm very lenient) The food was mediorce at best. It tasted like hotel banquet food. The place does have a nice atmosphere but it was not worth the 2 dining credits for us.

jpH/keD
11-15-2008, 04:44 PM
I have never eaten at the Brown Derby. I have eaten at Mama Melrose's and enjoyed it very much.We did the dinner package. AND you don't have to RUSH to get to Fantasmic. They have a secret entrance that lets you go in the back way. It is still a long walk but you do not have to fight thru the crowds to get all the way across the park!!! :blush: No more rushing!!

mouseketeer mom
11-15-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm so happy to hear the positive comments about Mama Melroses. We are trying it for the first time with the Fantasmic package in March. We ate HBD in August, thought it was good, but I wouldn't run back in a hurry.

Natazu
11-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Brown Derby is excellent in my useless opinion. They have been consistently wonderful and I'm happy to give up two credits to dine there. The BBQ Scallop and Pork Belly appetizer is to die for. There’s not a bad entrée in the house and their unique version of Bananas Foster is sinfully fabulous.

However, KatMark is right, the Grapefruit Cake is lousy.

LudwigVonDrake
11-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Mama Melrose is, to my, an underrated restaurant. I enjoy it every time I eat there :tasty: