PDA

View Full Version : Earliest we could hope to check-in?

Minniefan68
11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Arriving at MCO Sunday 10am, thought we'd go over to our resort and swim, but the weather is going to be cool for the kids (60's). What's the earliest we might be able to check-in at the BC? I know it depends when people check out, mousekeeping etc... but anyone ever get an earlier than 3pm check in?

Also, since we are not visiting the parks Sunday, what can we do with the kids until check in?

Seasonscraps
11-13-2008, 09:34 AM
I believe you can check in as early as 7am - it's hit or miss whether or not your room will be ready. I would guess that I average getting into my room early 1 out of 3 visits.

I usually spend non-park days at downtown disney or hanging around the boardwalk. You could also tour some of the other resorts - take a ride around the monorail, that sort of thing.

There's a miniture golf course right by the Swan or Dolphin or maybe rent some of those mouse boats.

Have a great trip!!

TinkerbellT421
11-13-2008, 09:55 AM
We have arrived at the hotel after arriving at MCO and by the time we arrive via ME we have been there around 12 and the room has been ready. ANother time if could have been ready but we just decided to grab something to eat and then we got back to the resort around 1 and the room was ready. So both past two trips we have been able to check in by noon. Its kind of hit or miss. Have a great trip! :mickey:

bkfree
11-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Last trip we stayed at the YC. We had an early morning flight that arrived at 8:30 am, we were at the hotel by 9:30 with ME.

I faxed the hotel 3 days before to let them know that we would be arriving early and that we were aware that while we could check in our room might not be ready.

They had our room ready for us, an upgrade, and our luggage arrived with in 30 minutes.
It was wonderful. Certainly doesn't happen every time, but worth a shot to give them a heads up before you go. They might can accomodate you.

mudpuppysmom
11-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Not sure how soon you are going, but you could resort hop and see all the holiday decorations that are up at different resorts! We generally do it through our vacation, but hopping around that first day would keep the kids busy and it's interesting. Also, DTD has decorations up too, plus shopping for mom!!:D

We're going in December and by the time our flight gets in and we get situated toward the resort it is going to be around 1 am, so I just booked SOG for our "first night" there. I didn't think we could camp out at AKL lobby and my sister didn't want the added expense of another night at AKL. I think our arrival is a bit too early for early check in!!

wdwfansince75
11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
You can "check in" almost any time. We have arrived as early as 10 PM, although we were never able to get rooms that early. They give you a card with numbers to call, so you do not have to go back to the desk until the room is actually ready.

With the current ticket pricing, we usually do the parks on the first day, while waiting for the rooms to become available. Your tickets, and the meal plan, are available as soon as you check in, even if the room is not available. You can add the extra day at anytime up to 14 days after first use. Personally, since you are at the BC, and MK has EMH on Sunday night, , I think you would find crowds at the DHS very light....Just take the boat, check out TSMM....or take te very short walk to the International Gateway to EPCOT, and enjoy EPCOT until the room is ready.
We never "plan" the parks the first day, but we always wind up going there. For our crowd, it is always MK that first day.

Simba's Mom
11-13-2008, 10:48 AM
The earliest I remember checking in and getting into my room were 9:45 am at BWV and 10:45 am at BCV.

SBETigg
11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
You can check in on arrival. The question might be if your room is ready. We've been plenty of times at different resorts when the room has been ready as early as 10 am. But we've also been when we've had to wait until 3 pm or slightly later for our room. Now we count on checking in and heading to the parks until the official check in time when our room will more certainly be ready. If not the parks, we've taken the monorail around to visit resorts and even ridden the Epcot monorail around the loop just to get us in the mood, or headed to Downtown Disney. You can hope for earlier, but you can't count on it.

mouseketeer mom
11-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Check in for sure!! Once upon splitting resorts, we checked out of CR after breakfast, then monorailed it to the Poly. We were there at 9am and our room was ready! I'm sure that's the exception, but it does happen. Also, getting there early also means you can request a room change if you're not happy with what you get, and maybe have better luck then if you arrived later in the day.

FenwayGirl
11-13-2008, 03:02 PM
We also had an early flight out of PVD. We arrived at MCO at 9:10. We got to the resort by 10:20 and our room was ready!!:joy::joy::joy:

Iluvpooh
11-13-2008, 05:24 PM
I guess it depends on how full the resort is. One time we were able to get in a room at 9am and another time it was well after 3pm.

pink
11-13-2008, 08:19 PM
We arrived at the Pop Century at 9:30 am and our room was ready so it's possible! :mickey: