PDA

View Full Version : Car seats in limo's / vans?

spoiledraf
11-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Going to the Beach Club in June and it's the first trip for our Grandkids, 4, 2 1/2 and 18 months. We have always driven or taken a limo. We're considering a 10 passanger van form Happy Limo this trip (6 adults and 3 little ones) and I was wondering about how we handle car seats for the kids. Do they have something or do we have to bring our own?

Haven't ruled out Magical Express but every minute counts so we are trying to save some time and get checked in as early as possible. (plane arrives at 12:58) I understand the busses make several stops and I would hate to be the last one and end up losing a couple hours.

BigRedDad
11-13-2008, 02:00 AM
With a van/limo service, you have to get luggage, lug it to the transportation, load it, and then go on your way. DME you just go to check-in, load the bus, and go. As for timing, it would be hit or miss which one would get there first. DME averages about 70 minutes from touch down to resort. For a van service, it is how long it takes to go to baggage claim, wait for all of your luggage, take it to the van, load it. The travel time to resorts is about the same.

I am not saying that Happy Limo or someone is not faster. I am just saying that it may not be faster and there are other things that need to be considered, including the additional cost and the cost for carseats if you don't bring your own.

donnah77
11-13-2008, 02:01 PM
We had 10 people on our trip this past April and needed an infant seat and 2 boosters. We used Quicksilver and they provided the seats at no additional cost. They worked out very well, and we were pleased to not have to lug seats thru the airport in addition to all of our other things! I will likely use them again next year even though we'll only have 4 people for that trip!

spoiledraf
11-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Do you get your luggage when you get off the bus or does it come later?

BigRedDad
11-14-2008, 04:44 AM
If you use a car service, you get your luggage from baggage claim and it travels with you. If you use DME, you have the option to get your luggage or let DME handle it. The luggage is not with you when you get off the bus if you have DME get it. It will arrive in your room about 3-hours later.

teambricker04
11-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Just as a frame of reference... Last November we stayed at FW. DS#1 and I took ME while DH and DS#2 went and got the rental car. We made it to FW 5 minutes before them.... and they didn't have to wait to get their luggage because it all went ME. It would have added on an extra 30 mintues or so to get it. We got to FW before check in, and got into our cabin right away. Our luggage came within the first hour we were there. It has taken 4 hours on other trips, and ver quickly on some... it just depends.

We stayed at BC last May. It was lovely... We stayed one night at AS (which I wish I could take back, but that is a story for another thread.) Leaving BC on ME was very easy, and I don't remember a lot of stops. I think it may just stop at BC, YC, Swan, and Dolphin. I may be wrong, but they didn't take very long.

spoiledraf
11-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Well that does sound like a good experience. We had originally booked AS for the first and last day as well but the free room and tickets made the change a no brainer! We have a large group, 9 in all with three under 5 yrs. with parents and grand parents. We figured to get in around 2:30sih and hoefully have a room to get the kids some naps before an evening at the MK and dinner somewhere. If it's not really going to save us any time, I guess it would make sense to take ME and ave a few bucks.

Can we bring a carry on on the bus with swim suits and such to take a dip while waiting for our luggage?

Beast_fanatic
11-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Can we bring a carry on on the bus with swim suits and such to take a dip while waiting for our luggage?

Absolutely. You need to bring whatever carry-ons you had on the plane with you to the bus. Don't forget the sunscreen (but it needs to follow the TSA rules for the carry-on).