PDA

View Full Version : Free Disney Vacation Promo

Ltmoko
11-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I just got a email from DVC :

Experience unforgettable family vacations for years to come. When you purchase a minimum real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort before January 15, 2009, receive a complimentary Disney vacation* getaway plus a $1,000 Gift Card that you can use during your trip.

A FREE Disney vacation* for up to 5 nights in a 1-bedroom Disney Vacation Club Resort Villa

$1,000 Gift Card

We have been on the fence on buying. I was wondering if anyone knows if the $8 off per point is still going on or if it goes away with this offer? If I do this before end of year will I still get 2008 points? Thanks.

DizneyRox
11-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Need a few more specifics...

First, you're borderline on getting in before the end of the year. Closing takes a bit, so you'll probably close early/mid December if you were to call them TODAY!

Second, if the offer doesn't say $8 then I would imagine it's now gone. They have really changed the incentives a lot lately. AKL was offering $8, the developer points, AND the gift card, and it was clearly advertised as such.

Normally Disny doesn't stack discounts, so if it doesn't say $8 on this one, then it's not going to happen. You MAY still be able to bring it up and they provide it, but it probably wouldn't include the $1000 giftcard and the developer points, if that wasn't offered before.

As I understood it, the developer points were given to replace your inability to use the points this year. This "free vacation up to 5 days sounds like it may even be different than the developer points deal. The previous developer points deal was a match on whatever you bought, so if I bought 500 points, I would get 500 developer points as well as my DVC interest of 500 per year.

Maleficent's Dad
11-13-2008, 06:03 AM
First off, the gift card is in lieu of the "promotional pricing," so you'll pay the price they're asking.

Some of the "fine print" for the offer:

The complimentary Disney vacation includes accommodations for 5 nights in a one-bedroom accommodation at any Disney Vacation Club Resort, is available only to first-time purchasers, and requires the purchase of 220 or more vacation points. For purchases equal to 160 or more vacation points, purchasers receive a 3-night stay in a one-bedroom accommodation at any Disney Vacation Club Resort. Reservations must be booked by and stays must be completed by October 3, 2009, or the offer expires. Accommodations subject to availability. Restrictions apply. Only valid on select Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

Tbelle1976
11-13-2008, 06:51 AM
:confused:I also got this email yesterday...will not be using it and I'd rather have the new pincode that gives you the $500 gift card for booking a vacation pk.