PDA

View Full Version : Is giong to MVMCP once enough?

faberj
11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
With all of the shows, and character meet and greets, etc will one time be enough or should I buy tickets to go a second time. I do not want to be rushing to see everything.

Belle1217
11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
We were there 2 years ago and just went 1 night. I thought it was plenty of time. We are going back this year but just 1 night. You should be able to do everything you want.

kakn7294
11-12-2008, 03:36 PM
I felt once was not enough to see it all, especially since we were with a group of 11 and it seriously slowed us down. Plus, it was our first ticketed party ever and being inexperienced, we didn't know how to work the event well and ran our dinner into the party time. I think we'd do much better the second time around!

badkitty
11-12-2008, 03:59 PM
The first year I attended, I found that entering the park at 7pm and trying to make all the shows, parade and fireworks plus riding attractions put a lot of stress on the evening. Last year I entered the park at 4pm to ride the attractions so that the evening would be left for the shows, etc. That seemed to work out great! (And left a bit of time for another trip with the pirates!)

Eeyore's Pal
11-12-2008, 04:11 PM
I would suggest prepurchasing tickets for one night early in your trip. Take your time at the event and if you find that you need another night, you can then pick up the tickets for another night while you are down there.

honeebee86
11-12-2008, 05:37 PM
I think it depends on when you go. If you are going during the first two weeks of December on a weekday (minus Friday) for example, then it should not be too crowded and should have enough time to do all the activities. If you want to ride some rides, get to Magic Kingdom right at 4pm and ride as many as you can before 7pm or spend the day in MK before the party and take a break before you go back for the party. It tends to be more crowded on the weekends due to locals visiting and the further into the holidays you get, it grows busier.

thumperbug
11-12-2008, 06:10 PM
The first year we went, we spent most of the time going on rides with little to no wait.

The second year we went we did no rides and spent the time enjoying the special events.

It was only myself, DH and DS but we felt like there was not enough time in 1 night to do it all.

Same thing with the P& PP. We went for the first time, dressed up and spent the time looking for treasure, watching parades and waiting on line to meet characters.

PlutoToo
11-12-2008, 06:59 PM
I've been to the Christmas party twice. I spent most of my time seeing the shows and parade. I didn't get to start riding until 10 pm or so. I think time needed will also depend on whether you want to get character's autographs or not.:thumbsup:

wdwfan
11-13-2008, 02:24 PM
I think one time is enough. Just get schedule when you enter MK. Plan on watching the second parade.

scootch713
11-13-2008, 03:56 PM
I think one time is enough. Just get schedule when you enter MK. Plan on watching the second parade.

I agree with this! Now I did do it two different years.... but won't be doing it a third for a very long time.

Polynesian Dweller
11-13-2008, 07:28 PM
If you are staying at a Disney resort, then I'd say once is enough. The trick is to focus on the things that are only available during the MVMCP such as the parade, the shows etc. With EMH and late hours at MK you can do night time rides on your regular park admission at other time during your stay. That's the approach we used and didn't seem to miss anything and got some rides in as well.

mouseketeer mom
11-13-2008, 08:10 PM
The first year I attended, I found that entering the park at 7pm and trying to make all the shows, parade and fireworks plus riding attractions put a lot of stress on the evening. Last year I entered the park at 4pm to ride the attractions so that the evening would be left for the shows, etc. That seemed to work out great! (And left a bit of time for another trip with the pirates!)

I agree badkitty! Too rushed if you arrive at 7pm, we enter early, and do a lot of riding as the park empties out. Then we can concentrate on party specific events. We do this for each type of party we attend at the MK.

goofygirl67
11-15-2008, 08:02 PM
I go twice each year. I happen to love christmas and MK does it best. MK is also my favorite park so I don't mind spending all the time I can, especially at night. Cost wise, I go alone so I don't have to pay for anyone else. I do everything I can as many times as I can.

wdw_bound
11-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Last year, we followed previous posters advice and bought tickets for the Tuesday of our stay. We had a good game plan, one that included no rides during the actual party. For whatever reason, our party was sold out (it was mid-December and the rest of our trip was very uncrowded, so this may have been a fluke). This made it harder to get everything done. We left not having seen the parade (kids really wanted to meet Scrooge McDuck and a few other characters that are pretty rare). As a surprise, DH bought a second set of tickets for Thursday night, and it was wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I'd have been happy with just one party, but going twice made our trip even better!