PDA

View Full Version : Whose going out for Black Friday?

DizNee143
11-12-2008, 02:37 PM
so is any brave enough to go out and fight the crowds? lol
im going out..i dont have anything i really need to buy..but im just gonna do some shopping for me..and i will also be keeping my eyes open for a cheap tv..if i can get one awesome..if not oh well..
this will only be my 3rd year doing this whole black friday thing..its kinda fun!!:D

Bri
11-12-2008, 02:59 PM
i always go out for black friday. i only went out really early once. now i get breakfast with my friends and we get to the mall around 12 or 1. it's still crazy but it always get me in the mood for christmas. and this year since we are going to be in disney dec 8-15 i def have to get some serious shopping done on black friday!

Zippy 1
11-12-2008, 03:01 PM
I will only be going out if there is some incredible offer on something we are looking for personally or that is on the x-mas shopping list. Otherwise I stay home. So many of the people out are so rude!!!!!!!

vicster
11-12-2008, 03:02 PM
NEVER! I absolutely refuse to go out that day. It doesn't even seem like fun to me fighting the traffic and crowds!

Ian
11-12-2008, 03:17 PM
DW is, but not me. I will be packed up in the Tahoe wending my way South on I-95 with my cousin, a friend, DD and DS.

Destination? I think you can guess :thumbsup:

badkitty
11-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I braved Walmart once for the store opening (5am I think). Never again. I got there an hour early and the line was stretched passed the building and around the corner! People were rude and the store was so crowded that you couldn't push a cart through (that is, if you were lucky enough to get a cart!) When I left the store, uniformed guards were restricting the number of people who could enter the store. When I got home, the news had a story about a fight that broke out in front of the same store because someone cut the line getting in. Yikes!

Beast_fanatic
11-12-2008, 03:51 PM
We'll probably go out that day, but how early we venture out will depend on the bargains offered. In the past, we've gotten some excellent deals by being out before the crack of dawn, and we've been finished and gone to breakfast before the real craziness has gotten going.

WDWFanatic
11-12-2008, 04:07 PM
I go every year with 3 girlfriends. We start at 4:30 am and go until dinner, lol. I think there will be a lot more people out this year looking for deals.

TinkerbellT421
11-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Me and my best friend Lori go out every year. We have kind of turned it into a tradition. We dont go out at the crack of dawn. Thats always discussed and always the option but we end up sleepin gin lol. Grab a couple coffees and off we go! lol. Then we hit the local diner for breakfast and stay out all night practically we like to people watch and dont get all serious about it. We kind of go, sales are good. Pick and choose. And if we get something we wanted ahead of time great, if not oh well. LOL

bcornette
11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I normally go out, even if just for $5 DVDs.
Check online before you leave, last year you could get most of the deals online around 3am.
Best Buy was all online last year I think, order it online, choose instore pickup, and don't worry about the crowd.

Unless of course you are going to a limited quantity item like a new laptop.

Alligirl
11-12-2008, 04:37 PM
My 16 yo DD got her first job at a new outlet center that opened here, so if I have to drive her there:alarm: I might as well go out and do some shopping!:shop::bored: The poor kid is in for a rude awakening, she may not like her job after the Holidays!

pink
11-12-2008, 05:59 PM
I do most of my shopping online and before Thanksgiving. (I'm already a quarter of the way done :thumbsup:) I'm not brave enough to go out on Black Friday, I don't like the feeling of being rushed. :mickey:

disneydeb
11-12-2008, 06:06 PM
If I am still breathing and have any money I'll be there! :plot: :shop: :party: :crowd: :cart: :spend: :yes:

dolphinmickey9170
11-12-2008, 08:39 PM
For those of you who forget to eat, drink, slow down and take a break from your 3am escapades....Or those who end up in a knock down drag out, I'll be working in the ER on Black Friday. I hope not to see any of you. No offense!:blush:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I've gone out the past couple of years at 5am and am home by 8am having gotten what I went for. We'll see what's on sale this year and then I'll decide.

hokies4life
11-13-2008, 12:31 AM
I'll be going out this year for the first time. I've never gone before but I'll be with DBF's family and they go out every year. We'll probably not get any sleep beforehand though, so it will make for an interesting time.

:chipdale:

NotaGeek
11-13-2008, 04:10 AM
I will totally buy the paper and check to see if I can't live without anything that is really cheap. I have gotten really good deals before ... but living in Spokane now odds are it will be REALLY cold ... 4am in Phoenix wasn't SO bad! :(

pixiesmimi
11-13-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm done with going before dawn just to find out the store only got 3 of the item on sale. Last year we didn't get anything after getting there early and they were already sold out of what we went for. We are going out that day but it will be at a decent hour unless there is just something that we can't resist and I will be calling the store ahead of time to see how many they have in stock. I think DD and I will just have breakfast and make a day of it before picking up the DGC in the afternoon. I do already have a lot of mine bought so I will just be looking for good deals.

Ian
11-13-2008, 10:37 AM
I was a little surprised yesterday. There was a poll on CNN.com asking where people planned to do their shopping. The choices were like in a mall, online, or I'm not shopping this year.

Something like 45% of respondents said they weren't shopping this year!

I thought that was insane.

Kennywife
11-13-2008, 10:56 AM
I will be at home in my jammies, shopping online. :surf::shop::spend:

Anna

DizNee143
11-13-2008, 10:57 AM
I was a little surprised yesterday. There was a poll on CNN.com asking where people planned to do their shopping. The choices were like in a mall, online, or I'm not shopping this year.

Something like 45% of respondents said they weren't shopping this year!

I thought that was insane.

wow! that many! maybe itll give all the people who are going out a better chance at getting what they want! lol.. i really cant believe the percent is so high..

alphamommy
11-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure if I will or not. If I do, it won't be really early.

My mom and I used to go every year, but she's been gone for 9 years now, and it's kind of a melancholy thing for me. I don't really have anyone else to go with, and going alone just makes me miss Mom more.

Best of luck to those of you who go!

thrillme
11-13-2008, 01:53 PM
I'll check the papers. If there's something really fantastic then I'll go out (probably to Best Buy). Other than that...I plan on going skiing.

It's just too much of a hassel. I think I'm going to cut a few people off my list this year...and just do some on-line stuff. I hate to be scroogy but several of my cousins just have more members under their tree and it's just gotten to be too much.

ChipDale2708
11-13-2008, 02:58 PM
One of my friends and I usually hit the stores on Friday, but in the past couple of years we have found the early deals were carried through into the afternoon. No point getting up at the crack of dawn. This year we are thinking about taking it easy and going to a craft fair and then the mall later in the day. My Mom and I were joking about hitting a store at midnight on the way home from bring her Aunt home after Thanksgiving dinner. We'll see what ads look interesting!

kakn7294
11-13-2008, 03:53 PM
I probably will since I'm off both Thanksgiving night and Black Friday night for the first time since DD was born (she turns 9 on the 29th). I went last year but didn't really get any great bargains. Still, I will probably try it again this year.

crazypoohbear
11-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I will go out. Maybe not like last year though
DS was suppose to go and wait in line at Circuit city for a laptop.
He went about 10:30pm! and I was going to relieve him at 3:30am. He called me at 1:00am and said he was cold could I come early.

(I had already driven out there at 11:20PM to deliver coats, mittens and hats for him and his friends, the friends left about an hour later, lightweight :D)
I went and took over, he went to bed then to work. I got everything we were in line for,
A laptop for him, a video camera for me!
THis year we dont' have anything that we need but it's fun going out.

SteveL
11-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Not shopping is probably the prudent choice for quite a few people.
The economy is bad and they'll only end up spending money they don't have by running up their credit card debt.

conorsmom2000
11-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I've only got out once on Black Friday and it wasn't too bad - this year I think I'm going again with my friend so it will be kind of fun. We live in a county in NJ with "Blue Laws" so our stores can't open before 6:00 am, even on Black Friday, so it's not as crazy here as some places!! I don't mind braving the crowds to get some good deals! And whatever I don't get I'll be online getting on "Black Monday"!! :D

Disney Doll
11-14-2008, 02:07 PM
After 5 plus years working retail at the mall, I will be enjoying the fact that I no longer have to do the black Friday thing. One year when I was in college I worked open to close. I came in at 4:30am to work the black Friday madness at KB Toys and then picked up a second shift at Bath and Body Works leaving the mall at 10:30pm. It was a crazy time, but usually kind of exciting. By mid morning the stores looked like they had been devoured by a swarm of locusts. I never minded working black Friday, but I hated working the Saturday after and trying to put the store back together. These days I hate shopping on a regular weekend and I have become accustomed to doing my holiday shopping online.

Mickey052501
11-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Yes, I have gone out for the past few years and this year my DH is coming so I am really looking forward to it!!!!

Jen:mickey:

d_m_n_n
11-16-2008, 06:00 AM
We will go out on occasion if they have something we really want. I get a BF email with ads that have been released and so far, nothing has really caught my eye. More ads are coming out this week so maybe that will change. But right now, I think we'll be :sleepin: !!

Melanie
11-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Would if I could! Can't wait to next year!!! :yay:

Mad About Mickey
11-16-2008, 07:36 AM
My DW and DMIL go every year. They get up at 3 AM and they go stand in line at whatever the hot spot is for the year. We live in New Hampshire so it is usually very cold outside that early :freeze:. My DFIL and I usually kid them about it but they usually go for big ticket items and with the money they save we are able to give our children alot more than we would have otherwise. I'm hoping DW is going out this year because there is always a great family present under the tree that was a Black Friday steal :mickey:.

tinkerbell04
11-20-2008, 01:08 PM
I am having surgery on Black Friday this year. BUT, I don't have to be there till 10 so I am going to try to hit a few places on my way to the hospital. :)

dolphinmickey9170
11-20-2008, 03:00 PM
I am having surgery on Black Friday this year. BUT, I don't have to be there till 10 so I am going to try to hit a few places on my way to the hospital. :)
Danielle, I sure hope all is well. My prayers will be with you! Take care.

SAHDad
11-20-2008, 04:19 PM
I refuse to go Christmas shopping on Black Friday (trips to a grocery store or such don't count) - I have worked in a toy department on Black Friday, and I don't want to be a part of it again.

I might do some online, but I think we are about half done with shopping as it stands.