PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Cruise - Grand Floridian

FenwayGirl
11-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Has anyone sent their kids on this?
If so, can you please tell me what the cost is and how they enjoyed it.

Beast_fanatic
11-12-2008, 02:28 PM
You can find information on this cruise and other children's activities here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/specactivities.asp).

And, just about everything that I've read from others whose kids have done these cruises has been positive. The only negative has been from kids that were at the top of the age limits and they sometimes felt they were too old for the activity (I'm sure it partially depends on the kid and on what other kids are on their cruise).

terri110874
11-12-2008, 03:03 PM
My son loved it! He was 5 at the time. We are planning to do it again this year and he will 8 at the time of the trip.

He did get loot at the end. It was pirate theme party favors. Its about $30 when we did it. He still talks about the boat ride over and the hunt for treasure. In my opinion it was well worth it.:mickey:

wifey5794
11-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Both of my kids loved it. They were DD8 and DH9. And, although we were stating at GF it was nice to have those 2 hours to ourselves!

But if you aren't staying there, take that time to explore the resort or have tea at the Cafe!

tinksmom02
11-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Jenna and her friend loved it!

I would suggest that if you're planning on heading to the parks after, to bring a change of clothes for your kid(s). Apparently they let the kids run through sprinklers...all the other kids were damp, my daughter was soaked all the way through...I'd brought a change of clothes but had to run to a GF gift shop to buy her Crocs, b/c her sneakers got drenched!

threeh
11-14-2008, 10:25 AM
My kids ages 5,7 and 10 at the time had fun. My son was 10 and probably was right at the cut off for too old, but he had a good time none the less. We dropped the kids off, they get pirates gear and off they go in a boat around 7 seas lagoon on a treasure hunt. They arggh and make a fuss at every passing boat they see. The Cm were great. If you have any other ?? let me know:mickey: