PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express - Return Pickup Time

Brian
11-12-2008, 12:59 PM
We are looking at flying on a different airline for our next trip. Unfortunately, they only offer one flight out of Orlando to our airport and its at 8:30 a.m. What time would Magic Express pick us up so we could make an 8:30 a.m. flight?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

SBETigg
11-12-2008, 01:10 PM
They pick up about three hours in advance, so you would need to be ready to go and at the ME stop by 5:30 a.m. or so. They leave specific information for you on around the day before departure.

BigRedDad
11-12-2008, 02:10 PM
They say 3 hours, but it is usually 3hours, 15 minutes. I would be sure to be there are 3:15 before your flight.

pennsy22
11-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Don't worry, no time is too early for the Magical Express. A couple of years ago we were staying at OKW and had a 6:00am flight, they sent two vans to our room to get us and our luggage at 2:45am and we boarded the ME at 3:00am. Great service!:number1:

pixiegoose
11-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Don't worry, no time is too early for the Magical Express. A couple of years ago we were staying at OKW and had a 6:00am flight, they sent two vans to our room to get us and our luggage at 2:45am and we boarded the ME at 3:00am. Great service!:number1:

That's going to be us in February- our flight home leaves at 6:20 am! I'm thinking we shouldn't bother going to bed and just soak in all things Disney for as long as possible. :mickey:

brian2000boston
11-13-2008, 03:15 AM

That's going to be us in February- our flight home leaves at 6:20 am! I'm thinking we shouldn't bother going to bed and just soak in all things Disney for as long as possible. :mickey:

you are all troopers, ouch! I couldnt do it leaving, i book the latest flight i can get! :blush:

pixiegoose
11-13-2008, 12:17 PM
you are all troopers, ouch! I couldnt do it leaving, i book the latest flight i can get! :blush:

I book the cheapest flight I can get! :mickey: Seriously though, for about $200 roundtrip/person from Boston on non-stop flights, I couldn't beat the price. The day we arrive we get in a little after 10 am, so we should be at the parks by early afternoon. I'd rather leave later on departure day but that would have added about $75/person, money I'd rather use on souvenirs.

CleveRocks
11-13-2008, 03:01 PM
If there are reservations, DME buses do pick-ups at each resort every 30 minutes on a set schedule. For instance, Resort X might have scheduled pick-ups at :20 and :50 after every hour, etc.

Therefore, the pick-up often isn't scheduled for precisely 3 hours before a flight ... the window is 2.75 to 3.25 hours before a flight.

It is also VERY important to note that DME buses only come around for pick-ups at those appointed times when there are reservations for a ride. In other words, if the pick-up times at Resort Y are :00 and :30 after the hour, and no one has a reservation for a ride to catch a 6:00 p.m. bus, then there will be no DME bus swinging by Resort Y at 3:00 p.m. for a pick-up. This is why it's important to be on-time for your scheduled bus ... because you can never be sure there will be another one 30 minutes later. The front desk and Bell staff don't know, either ... they are not provided with up-to-the-minyte DME bus info, and we've read many many reports of guests being given incorrect DME info by resort staff.

disneyers
11-15-2008, 11:48 PM
All I can say is God bless and good luck!

We had an 8:30 flight on our way home at Easter, we had to be on the bus at 5:30, which meant they picked up our luggage at 5:00, which meant we had to wake our kids up by 4:50 (which was 3:50 central time)

We were at the airport by 6 am with two grumpy toddlers. Boo.:(

Never again my friend!