PDA

View Full Version : Madagascar 2

LarryBoy
11-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Who's seen Madagascar 2? How was it? Is it as funny as the first? I thought the first movie was one of the better DreamWorks animations. Definitely better than Shrek 2 and 3, but not the first one.

TexasPrincessAurora
11-12-2008, 11:41 AM
There are definitely some funny parts, but I didn't think the story line was nearly as well done as the first. I kind of found it disjointed and thrown together. The humor that is there is definitely adult humor.

Let's put it this way...the first movie my DS who is now almost 5 had to watch over and over and over. Normally if we see a movie in the theater and he loves it he wants to immediately go see it again. He hasn't mentioned seeing this one again yet. I'm sure that is partially because Kung Fu Panda is out on DVD now, but I also think its because it just didn't grab his interest like the first one.

mdhiggin
11-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure about my kids, but I was laughing.

hokies4life
11-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Both DBF and I agree that the first was better than the second, but I'm glad I went to see it. I do think that is has more of adult humor in it than just regular slapstick, but it is still enjoyable.

:chipdale:

DisneyDog
11-13-2008, 11:09 AM
I thought it was funny, and my 6 year old also enjoyed it. I don't remember much about the first one, but they had a mini recap in the beginning, and I caught on pretty quickly. I guess there was some adult humor, but I wasn't embarassed and my DS didn't ask me to explain anything. Sasha Baron Cohen was his usual off-the-wall self with his character. I would recommend it, especially on a rainy day.

RenDuran
11-16-2008, 03:10 PM
We finally went to see this and it kept everyone in the family entertained. I liked it better than the first one!

brownie
11-17-2008, 04:17 PM
We saw it at the Imax and I thought it was funny. I don't normally like sequels a whole lot, but I thought this one was good.

LarryBoy
11-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I saw it Saturday and was somewhat disappointed. It had some funny moments, but I thought the story was pretty weak. The first one was way better in my opinion. I also think Pixar has ruined me on a lot of animated movies. They have set the bar so high. I now expect my animated movies to have a good story. Crazy huh? ;)

LauraleeH
11-18-2008, 05:10 PM
My brother went and said that he and the other teens and adults were laughing and the kids were confused. But he said it was good!