PDA

View Full Version : Just returned from POP

JoDisney
11-11-2008, 10:48 PM
I just returned from POP after 5 days. I am posting as I was amazed at check-in. I was assigned the 80s. It was a room pretty far out. Normally, it would not be a problem, but I recently had foot problems and I am going to Physical Therapy. I questioned the CM if there was another choice. The CM said she would have to call the office and get me another room. She said they no longer can automatically change the room. She said the folks in the office have to do that now. I said "to let it go and I would take the 80s. She said she wanted to call. She said it wouldn't hurt to ask. She called and the room was changed to the 90s. It was closer to the bus and the food court. I was grateful for the change. The CM said they cannot do the changes on their own anymore that they have to call back to the office. I thought that was very interesting and wanted to share this experience.

Belster
11-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Yes, I just had the same experience 3 weeks ago. We had a room only for one night and our package began on night two. Long story short, we were not at all give the location requested and paid for. I even sent a very nice fax letter reminding them of where our party would like to stay. The CM said also that they cannot do it themselves. He told me that I would receive a call at 6:00 A.M. to let me know if my request could be honored. To my great surprise it was! I could not have asked for a better location. I know that the changes in the area of Disney customer service are a bit disheartening, but it is good to know that we were both helped.

Hope that you had a great trip.

JoDisney
11-12-2008, 07:41 AM
I just found it so interesting that now the CM at registration has to call someone in order to make changes. As I said, I normally take the room that I am assigned. This thing with my feet just happened and I asked if I could move in closer. I have not done this in the past. Many times, I was surprised with an upgrade. For instance, when I would stay at AKL, I would be upgraded to a savannah view by the CM at the check-in without asking. I think, now, the people behind the scenes are going to control the room assignments. Desk CMs will no longer be able to upgrade guests on their own. Requests are considered on your reservation, but never guaranteed.