PDA

View Full Version : taking a break w/in your trip

iheartdisney
11-11-2008, 09:50 PM
When we go for a full week or more my husband prefers that we take one day in the middle of the trip to just stay at the resort. No parks. No traveling to other resort restaurants. No visiting other Orlando attractions (are there any?). Not even Downtown Disney.

My question is this......we're arriving the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. A weekend I suspect is going to be very crowded. Do I continue with our tradition of taking our day off in the middle of the trip (Tues or Wed) OR should I schedule our day off sometime during that weekend? Maybe Sunday or Monday?

What do you all think?

mdhiggin
11-11-2008, 10:32 PM
You may still need it in the middle to rest if you go all day everyday.

pixiesmimi
11-11-2008, 11:17 PM
We've been there on holidays like Easter, etc. and it wasn't that bad. We like to take a day off in the middle of the week too. Most of the time if we go out at all, it is to eat or go to DTD. You can still hang out around the resort and just go out that night to a good restaurant. I think Sunday will be less crowded than maybe Monday that weekend will be. But like said above, you will probably need the rest later in the week to rejuvinate.

Pirate Granny
11-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Yo Ho...we were there this past Memorial Weekend for a Disney wedding...and Sunday, we did the 4-park in one day w/2 counter services in the parks and a stop between EPCOT and MK to take a dip in the GF pool...and we hit three/four major rides in each park...we really didn't notice heavier crowds although we've been there between Xmas and NE and if you budget your fast passes you normally can get most rides. We were two adults, and I will admit we started at HS and was standing on the main street when the rope dropped, then on to AK and lunch, off to EPCOT and last MK and dinner...and I didn't lay my head down at GF until midnight...while my DD stayed a while longer with her father at MK. I shake my head and smile to realize that we did manage to do it (it's worth trying once in a life-time).
Only two more days
:pirate:

January-2007
11-12-2008, 06:46 AM
In 2007 we actually found the crowds to get heavier as Memorial Day week progressed, not as busy on Sunday though. I would stick with your regularly scheduled middle of the week break. Have fun planning! I'm planning for this time as well! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
11-12-2008, 12:15 PM
In 2007 we actually found the crowds to get heavier as Memorial Day week progressed, not as busy on Sunday though. I would stick with your regularly scheduled middle of the week break. Have fun planning! I'm planning for this time as well! :mickey:

I agree. Stick to your normal plan. We also feel taking a day off to enjoy the resort is smart - afterall, it is a vacation, right?! Relax and enjoy some time by the pool, and sleep in a day. Have fun!

bkfree
11-12-2008, 02:25 PM
We also sorta take a mid week break.
We sleep in and have a nice breakfast ADR at our resort (Boma this time in Dec) hang around the resort then mosey over to DTD. We then go back to the resort and chill and then head out for our dinner ADR, usually at the park that has evening EMH,eat dinner then hang out there for a few hours. This sorta recharges us for the rest of the week.
We also start our week differently now. We used to check in and race to a park.
Now we check in, check out the resort and swim then head out for a nice dinner ADR at another resort and hit the ground running the next morning at a park.