PDA

View Full Version : Do You Get A View Of MK & Wishes @ Ohana?

DisneyPrincess21
11-11-2008, 08:16 PM
I am confused by some mixed reviews. If you dine at Ohana people say to try to get a table at the window to view wishes, or you can go out on the polly beach. But what I am wondering is can you see MK as well as the fireworks? Because I want to have a nice view of MK during the fireworks. If not do you have any suggestions besides Cali grill, and Narcoossee's? They are a little too pricey for my wallet. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-11-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm not sure if you've been there? If you haven't been, you may be unclear as to location. The Polynesian is across the lagoon from the Magic Kingdom, which is well surrounded by trees so that you can get a view of the Magic Kingdom in that you can see the taller structures, lights, and some features of it, but you can't actually view into the park. Is this clearer, or maybe you knew this? So yes, you can possibly (no guarantee) get a seat near a window with a decent view of the MK (from a slight distance) and Wishes, but it is a large and popular restaurant, and everyone wants a window seat at the right time. The difficulty of actually getting a coveted window seat makes eating early and viewing from the beach a more popular alternative.

There are not many restaurants that offer an actual Wishes view, and the top two are indeed the pricier Narcoossee's and California Grill, and then there's 'Ohana.

DisneyPrincess21
11-11-2008, 09:49 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the info. I have never been there before, I knew it was close to MK but was not sure about the views of MK. I am really looking for somewhere that I can have a nice clear view of MK, the fireworks are just an added plus.

Polynesian Dweller
11-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Have to ask what kind of view you are hoping to get? That would help us help you out a bit better.

The Magic Kingdom really is off by itself. From the Poly you get a great view of the castle which is illuminated and the lights change color constantly. The view of the fireworks from the Poly beach is spectacular and yes it is a clear view.

From the Cali Grill you are closer. Its a little to the side and you still can't see all of the park. Its just the nature of how MK is laid out.

Narcoosee's is also a little to the sid but with a lower view. You can see the castle, the monorail entrance, the lights from the train station and it has its own magic.

In terms of seeing MK at night, really it is the illuminated castle that is the key to the magical view and you get that at all restaurants but Cali Grill and the Poly the best.

DisneyPrincess21
11-11-2008, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=Polynesian Dweller;1780317]Have to ask what kind of view you are hoping to get? That would help us help you out a bit better.

LOL sorry :laughing: I guess i wasn't very specific, :doh: To me when I think of "MK" I automatically think of Cinderella's castles. But now that you mention it I realized that other people may not know what I mean. So to be more specific, I am looking for a restaurant that has a clear view of Cinderella's castle during the wishes fireworks. Sorry if i confused anyone. lol :D :santa3::santa3::santa3:

SBETigg
11-12-2008, 05:44 AM
In that case, 'Ohana does have it. From the window seats, and even from some of the tables further back. We had a table at the middle of the room toward the back of the side next to the marina and we still had a pretty great view of the castle, which was sometimes obstructed by diners at tables by the window or servers coming and going. It wouldn't have been an ideal place to watch fireworks. Another good reason to visit the beach (or be near an 'Ohana window) at around nine is the Electrical Water Pageant, a light parade on the water that stops by the Polynesian first.

If Narcoossee's and California Grill are not in the budget, 'Ohana is your next best, probably only, bet. In an even lower price range, you could grab snacks or even a meal at the quick service places, Polynesian's Captain Cook's or the Grand Floridian's Gasparilla Grill, and move it to the outdoor tables for a great view during dinner. In this case, the view just outside Gasparilla Grill is particularly lovely.

Beast_fanatic
11-12-2008, 09:49 AM
On the one occasion where we had a window table at Ohana at the right time for Wishes, we were bothered by the many children that crowded around our table (and pushed past it to the actual window) to watch.