PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional

Poohmomnks
11-11-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm trying to find out some information about the Candlelight Processional. We leave in 30 days and I'm trying to figure out our daily schedules :) We are going to MVMCP on Sunday the 14th. How long is the processional and what exactly is it? Thanks for you help!:santa3::santa3:

Strmchsr
11-11-2008, 04:01 PM
You can get the full scope here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/cp.asp) in Info Central. However, basically it's a 45 min long production with a mass choir singing traditional Christmas music and a celebrity narrator reading select passages of Scripture related to the birth of Christ

dlpmikki
11-11-2008, 05:49 PM
It is one of my favourite events at Epcot and I am really looking forward to seeing it again after several years gap. It is very moving and extremely well done.

iheartdisney
11-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Our daughter's school choir performed in it last year and that's the first time I actually sat through the whole thing. It was a beautiful way to celebrate the holiday season. Granted I'm now a bit biased because my baby was up there singing but it's something I wish we had taken the time to enjoy during previous visits. Take the time to enjoy it but if you want to sit I'd take advantage of the meal plan/priority seating options. We didn't, were the 20th or so in line (queuing up WAY before it began) and got stuck behind a tree.

mudpuppysmom
11-12-2008, 08:52 AM
DS#1 and I went two years ago and it was awesome!! To say that a 4 yr old sat thru it you know it must be captivating.

We took advantage of the dinner package and i took what I could get that year (San Angel Inn) -- this year DH is joining us and we're dining at Tokyo Dining ....I'm just hoping that DS#2 is cooperative and we can all enjoy it (he's going to be 6 months old, and hopefully he'll sleep at that point in the evening!).

I agree that if you want to sit down in a seat you should TRY to get an ADR for the dinner package, but don't be real picky about where you want to eat at this point in time....It took me three or four calls to get into the restaurant DH wanted and a few more calls to get the time we wanted.

Even if you don't get to sit, it's still an awesome show!!

I can't wait to see Marlee Matlin in about 30 days!

DDuck66
11-12-2008, 10:14 AM
We first saw it in 2006, and have returned every year. We can't wait to hear John Hurley this year. Highly recommend the dinner package...but even that is not a guaranteed seat. If you have the dinner package, you still need to get there about an hour before the show. There are 2 lines, one for Dinner Package People and another for standby. The let the standby line open up at 15 minutes before the show, while the package line opens up about 30 minutes before the show. After this year, we will have attended the middle of December, the week of Christmas, and the opening weekend. Each time has been different and AMAZING!!!