PDA

View Full Version : if flying SW, can i still utilize the ME program?

MirandaC
11-11-2008, 12:57 PM
I have always flown AA, but was thinking of trying SW, to save money on flight. While reading another topic, I noticed that SW isn't part of the ME program. Can I still book the ME for transportation to POP and just be responsible for picking up our luggage -OR- do I have to select an airline that is part of the program?

Disney Doll
11-11-2008, 01:13 PM
You can absolutely use SW and ME (we do it every time). On the trip to WDW you tag your luggage with the ME tags and take the ME bus from the airport. Your bags will be delivered to your room within a few hours. On the way back to the airport you will need to take your luggage with you on the ME bus. They have a compartment underneath for storage. Once you are dropped off at the airport you will need to check your bags with SW yourself. Some airlines have stations for you to check your bags at the WDW resorts, but not SW. I love SW and so I'm not bothered at all with taking my own bags to the airport.

MirandaC
11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
thank goodness! :D great news!
now i can start looking into flights! Thanks for the info.:mickey:

thrillme
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
We just got back...we flew Southwest AND took ME. (I LOVE Southwest better than ALL the airlines).

Where I "think" you're confusing the no ME with Southwest thingy...with SOME airlines (American included) allow you to check your bags at your HOTEL for your RETURN trip.

On your way there you check your bags in when you arrive at your home airport just like you normally do and your bags will Magically appear in your room 2-3 hours after your arrival. On your RETURN the ME driver puts your bags on the bus with you and YOU check them into the airport when you get there. (Tip...take your bags to the check in yourself...it's not far...avoid the guys offering to do it for you...they expect big tips).

Southwest does not participate in "airline baggage check in at the Hotel". I actually understand this. I've NEVER had any lost luggage on Southwest...I think they're not real comfortable with depending on a "middle man".

Other "Southwest" tips. Check-in On-line 24 hours before you fly out. There's no "assigned" seating so you want to get your boarding pass EARLY. You can check-in at the hotel for your flight back OR if you're in the situation we were in (at the park...standing in line) you can check in from your cell phone or have a friend check in for you...(just be sure to take your confirmation number with you)...Once you get to the airport you can "print" your boarding pass from the Kiosk.

Southwest is a JOY to fly...the crew is AWESOME and have always been a total pleasure to fly with...(I really enjoy some of the jokes the captian's known to make and the singing stewardesses).

BigRedDad
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Just a clarification to the above post. You do not need to print your boarding pass. All you have to do is register for your flight. They will print the boarding pass at check-in. This way you can get your boarding pass assigned by cell phone if you do not want to go to Guest Relations.

ThanxForNoticin
11-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Just one clarification about getting your boarding pass 'assigned with your cell phone' - that's if you have internet access on your cell phone. You cannot call Southwest to check in. It must be done online or at the airport.