PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Have Digital Voice?

merlinmagic4
11-11-2008, 12:37 PM
We just decided to cancel our Verizon land line phone and go with the cable company's internet/cable/phone package. Does anyone use this and how do you like it? I have hesitated to do it since when the cable goes out, we have no phone but took the plunge anyway! We save so much money, it is ridiculous.

NotaGeek
11-11-2008, 12:46 PM
I got Vonage a few months ago and I love it. I get free calls to landlines all over the world ... and I have never had the occasion to be without service due to an internet outage -- and Vonage automatically reroutes calls to my mobile phone in case of outage -- if you have a cell phone there really shouldn't be a problem. :thumbsup:

Mad About Mickey
11-11-2008, 01:21 PM
We have Comcast Digital Voice as a bundle with our cable & internet service. We have had it for 2 years and have had no problems. We have had no interuption of service, even in bad winter weather, and enjoy not having long distance charges. Just pay attention to the length of the special pricing for the bundle, when the term expires rates rise dramatically. Good luck.

kakn7294
11-11-2008, 01:33 PM
I have Comcast digital phone service. The only times we've had a problem is when the power is out or I've stupidly unplugged the modem when we're on vacation not realizing that the phone works from it. Otherwise, it's been great and it's nice to pay just one bill for phone, internet, and cable.

Ian
11-11-2008, 01:56 PM
We have the Verzion FiOS service and it's been fine. No complaints.

merlinmagic4
11-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks! I actually would have preferred to bundle a package with Verizon but they don't offer internet service to my house. I have always been happy with Verizon and feel guilty about leaving but the money I am saving is hopefully worth it.

cmshelton1979
11-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I had Comcast and sometimes it would sound like you were talking in a tunnel or like you were on a bad connection. It wasn't too bad. I now have another cable company and the phone service is great.