PDA

View Full Version : Rental car from Dolphin

bobpfef
11-11-2008, 11:44 AM
This trip we are planning on going to Universal for three days in the middle of our trip so we will have to rent a car. We only want the car for these three days so I am not going to rent at the airport.

I've been thinking the easiest thing to do would be to rent a car at the Dolphin. But I have a few questions. Do I have the make a reservation for the car before we leave for our trip? Will they drop the car off at our resort early in the morning (about 8 am?) or do I need to go pick it up? Or should I just get it the night before we need it? How late are they open for drop off? How does that whole thing work, do I bring it back to the Dolphin parking lot or go to my resort and tell them we are done with it?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a newbie at car rentals. Thanks.

Beast_fanatic
11-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I don't know if the location at the Dolphin runs a shuttle or not. I know that the one at the Car Care Center does.

I would definitely make the reservation before you go as you will almost certainly get a better rate that way.

You'll need to go to pick up the car. The Dolphin location is open 8am to 4pm. The Car Care Center location is open 6a-6p on the weekends and 6a-8p during the week. You will have to return the car to the rental company. I'm not sure how after hours drop off works, you'll probably need to contact the rental company for that information.

bobpfef
11-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Where is Car Care Center? How would I get to it using Disney Transportation?

CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK
11-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Even though the rental office is closed at 4:00 the valet's can check the car in for you. I did this last month. Since I was staying at the Beach Club it was easy enough to walk. Definitely make your reservation before you go, when I was there if you didn't have the reservation you weren't getting a car

Beast_fanatic
11-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Where is Car Care Center? How would I get to it using Disney Transportation?

You can't get there using Disney transportation, but the rental car company will send a shuttle for you (you do need to arrange this in advance).