PDA

View Full Version : Which rides do you prefer NOT to ride anymore?

CAS
11-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Do you have those rides that you've done a million times but now haven't done in years because it's just not worth the wait anymore? Or do you have an aversion now to high intensity rides that you didn't have as a kid? I'll list my entries and hope you will too!

Thunder Mountain: great ride but we've done it so many times with an hour's wait. Just not worth it anymore.

Teacups: loved it as a kid...Now I get dizzy just making a u-turn. No kidding!

O Canada!: As a child...nice cool place to watch a short film. As an adult...I have to stand for how long?

MGM Back stage tour: I don't think it's even there anymore, but twice I think was enough. Great idea, but not something to do multiple times in one trip.

thrillme
11-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Never found anything fastinating about O'Canada. I think I did it once and never bothered again.

Soarin'. I did it twice and I'm not all that fastinated by it.

Melanie
11-11-2008, 08:41 AM
There are two I've done numerous times in the past, but won't do now - Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Roller Coaster.

Rock 'n Roller Coaster takes my stomach something terrible on that takeoff. The picture was always hilarious with my face all scrunched up. Just not worth it anymore.

Not sure why I now have an aversion to Tower of Terror. The whole buildup just makes me uncomfortable, and then free falling isn't really my thing.

Both are really cool experiences though, and I'm glad I've done them.

Tinksalot
11-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Tower of Terror! I don't like the falling sensation anymore. :sick:

ColtsDonald
11-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Stitch - who can still go on this ride?

DisneyFr33k
11-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Enchanted Tiki Room - ugh!!

dephenn
11-11-2008, 09:48 AM
stitch - I have always avoided it because all I've read fro all of you here on intercot. I have also noticed on our last couple of trips there never seems be more then a 5 minute wait for it.

The Speedway is the one I went on an will probably never do again.

SBETigg
11-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Sounds Dangerous- Once was too much.
Stitch's Great Escape- I'm glad I went once, but never again.
Teacups, Speedway- Not for me after age 12.
Snow White's Adventures- Shows its age, needs some modern Disney magic.

wdwfansince75
11-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Nobody goes there anymore....the lines are too long! Not wild about Stitch, and will only do Sounds Dangerously without the earphones....but if any one of my DGK's ask, I will do any ride....even Dumbo....although on last trip, DS#2 and DDiL#2 gave me a coupon book with a "Get out of Dumbo free" card....

BigRedDad
11-11-2008, 11:24 AM
No ride at WDW is worth a 1-hour wait. I think the Fantasyland rides are getting extremely outdated. These are slightly better versions of fair rides at this point. Peter Pan is at least an inverted ride. Snow White and Pooh are just very wasted space. The race cars need a make over.

KAJUNKING
11-11-2008, 11:54 AM
no teacups for me and as long as i can make it past the speedway without ds7 wanting to ride i will

dumbo ears
11-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Ive only been going for about 4 years but have gone like 6 trips and rode almost everything but Im def getting sick of stitch

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Dinosaur at AK, my neck will never be the same...

Stu29573
11-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Sounds Dangerous- What is the point of this? I can get better stereo on a Pink Floyd album.
Speedway- Talk about an oxymoron...
Rock and Rollercoaster- Tried it twice because I love Aerosmith. Went green in the face twice. Never again.:sick:

RedHead
11-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I've been going to WDW since 1972 (Floridian privledge; it makes up for the Hurricanes!) - so the bottom of my list is:

MK:
Dumbo (too many kids, too little seats, and it does exactly what?)
Magic Carpets - Dumbo rethemed on the other side of the park!
Snow White (just - isn't there)
Peter Pan (Ditto)
Winnie the Pooh (triple ditto!)
Tomorrowland Speedway (I drive I-95 and the Florida Turnpike - I need a lawnmower-engine-powered runaround as amusement?) :car:
STITCH! (What a WASTE! Bring back MISSION TO MARS!)
Never been to ToonTown or whatever it's called - and see no need to go.
And Tom Sawyer Island - it's great if you have days there, but with limited time and the time and difficulty to get there (and for what?) - it's just not high on the list.

I'd love to do Treehouse, but my sister can't climb the stairs anymore, and she's threatened my life if I say I want to go to the Tiki Room again (I want to see the new show!) :ambal:

EPCOT:
Universe of Energy - it smells, and Ellen gets on my nerves.
The Seas - the retheming did nothing for me (except the seagulls outside - "MINE!") - I go there just to sit in the quiet and watch the fish and meditate. And cool off. (I miss the old film you saw...)
3-D film - Saw the original and loved it, saw the Michael Jackson one once; was massively underimpressed (especially knowing who was behind it!); have no desire to see the current one.
Circle of Life - can we say preachy? :soapbox:
Reflections of China - have they ever updated that film?
Malestrom - should be renamed MaleYAWN, and then holding you hostage to see THEIR movie (Run fast!) - tacky.

Disney Studios:
Stunt Show - I watch NASCAR. They do this for real. :flag2:
Sounds Dangerous - it just isn't as good as the original version.
Narnia Attraction - more like a mini museum. Boring.
Most any of the stage shows - just not up to fighting to sit and watch
Fantasmic! - I was so hyped about this, HAD to see it, defied rain and lighting and thunder and did the package deal to go and get seats and - I was disappointed. Maybe from what everyone had said, my expectations were too high, but....it was a letdown. More projecton on water screen, less flash, less beauty....just missing something. :(

And I've never done Animal Kingdom - when Lion Country Safari, which has been around for decades, is a short drive away, and a better chance to see the animals active in the cool of the day (and pay less than half the price of Disney!). What? I'll miss Everest that way? I hear the Yeti's broken again! :secret:

dmosher
11-11-2008, 02:11 PM
There are very few things I won't do in WDW that I use to. Still love all the kid rides (Snow White, Peter Pan, etc) as well as the mountains. That being said there are a few I did years ago and have no interest in it now. Soarin (is really lame), Backlot Tour (DW likes to do this but I think it is a sad shell of what it used to be), Enchanted Tiki Room (nothing enchanting about it now that it's Under New management). But that's about it. TO be honest if my list was as long as some of the posts here I would seriously question if WDW was the place I would want to spend my vacation time.
:pipes:
D

Roland
11-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Stitch and the previous attraction, Alien Encounter. I kind of like the pre-show but when it comes to going into the room of burrito smells, yuk, I just feel like bypassing the whole deal and head for the exit.

I do Stitch once a year and when Alien Encounter was there, I'd do it twice a year.

AE was actually better than Stitch though.

Another ride is Mission to Mars. Not that it's a bad attraction because it is a great attraction but the stresses it puts on my head sometimes gives me a slight headache afterwards. Stomach does just fine, thank you!

johnO
11-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I've been going to WDW since 1972 (Floridian privledge; it makes up for the Hurricanes!) - so the bottom of my list is:

MK:
Peter Pan (Ditto)
Tomorrowland Speedway (I drive I-95 and the Florida Turnpike - I need a lawnmower-engine-powered runaround as amusement?) :car:
And Tom Sawyer Island - it's great if you have days there, but with limited time and the time and difficulty to get there (and for what?) - it's just not high on the list.

I'd love to do Treehouse, but my sister can't climb the stairs anymore, and she's threatened my life if I say I want to go to the Tiki Room again (I want to see the new show!) :ambal:

EPCOT:
The Seas - the retheming did nothing for me (except the seagulls outside - "MINE!") - I go there just to sit in the quiet and watch the fish and meditate. And cool off. (I miss the old film you saw...)
3-D film - Saw the original and loved it, saw the Michael Jackson one once; was massively underimpressed (especially knowing who was behind it!); have no desire to see the current one.
Malestrom - should be renamed MaleYAWN, and then holding you hostage to see THEIR movie (Run fast!) - tacky.

Disney Studios:
Fantasmic! - I was so hyped about this, HAD to see it, defied rain and lighting and thunder and did the package deal to go and get seats and - I was disappointed. Maybe from what everyone had said, my expectations were too high, but....it was a letdown. More projecton on water screen, less flash, less beauty....just missing something. :(

And I've never done Animal Kingdom - when Lion Country Safari, which has been around for decades, is a short drive away, and a better chance to see the animals active in the cool of the day (and pay less than half the price of Disney!). What? I'll miss Everest that way? I hear the Yeti's broken again! :secret:

It might have been easier for you to list why you actauly still go to WDW. LOL. J/K;)

morebroccoli
11-11-2008, 03:45 PM
this thread kinda makes me depressed.

thrillme
11-11-2008, 05:17 PM
I mentioned O'Canada and Soarin before...I forgot about Narnia...but it's not a ride only an attraction.

Sounds Dangerous???? We did this for the first time last trip. Would I do it again..."maybe" if I need a nap. I'm disappointed they took out Millionaire (although I really like Toy Story) and left "Sounds Dangerous..." I think that one is DANGEROUSLY close to being turned into something else.

Stitch....I'll do that again BUT...I really like Alien Encounter a lot better...I enjoyed the people screaming :thedolls:

Simba's Mom
11-11-2008, 05:47 PM
I used to love BTMRR. But over the years it's gotten faster and rougher (it certainly can't be me getting wimpier!) It's just not worth that long line any more.

mainemajor
11-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Speedway at MK - not gone on since '78 - Neither of my children ever wanted to ride on it.
AK
Primevil Whirl was so jerky I will not ride it again.
Epcot
I don't like watching the films
DHS
Sounds Dangerous
Seen Lights Motor etc twice and don't see the need to see again.
If I never see fantasmic again I would be sad :(

Pretty much anything else I might go on again at any of the parks depending on the wait time.
LY I went on Phooh because there was no wait. It's cute and we are big Phooh and friends fans

DisneyFr33k
11-11-2008, 07:12 PM

We've always just walked through the theatre, as most others did as well. :thumbsup:

Faver
11-11-2008, 07:27 PM
I'd say...... Indiana Jones, O'Canada, Mission Space (just a bit frightened now), and Swiss Family Treehouse

DisneyPrincess21
11-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Hollywood Studio's- Sound's Dangerous. Once was too many. I would have left the theater early but it was too dark to see. I guess that's how they keep you in there till it's done. LOL!! :funny:
Magic kingdom- Small World. I wanted to hop out of the boat and swim back to the exit 1 minute into the ride. :D

bkfree
11-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Stitch- a waste of valuable time

Tea cups- just makes me want to throw up every time.

jillluvsdisney
11-12-2008, 03:17 PM
BTMRR is just too rough and jerky for me now. I don't think I'll be riding it anymore. The same can said about Dinosaur and Prime Evil Whirl.

I saw HISTA once and would never do that agin either...the mice ans snakes scared me way too much.

doodleboy
11-14-2008, 08:34 AM

MK:
Peter Pan (Ditto)

EPCOT:

Disney Studios:

RedHead, with all of that being said why DO you go?

beksy
11-14-2008, 08:53 AM
In MK I don't do the speedway (it lost its appeal when I got my license!) or Stitch. I can't do the Treehouse or much of Tom Sawyer Island because of health issues. Anything else, I'll do.

In Epcot I can't do the Space ride (I can't remember the name either!) because I'm clausterphobic. I'm not crazy about HISTA because of my fear of snakes but I'll do it.

The only thing at AK is the Bug's Life film. I'm terrified of spiders!

Usually I'll do anything if someone else in the party wants to unless I physically can't do it. I find that this is a good time to sneak in a snack! Some rides are outdated but I love them anyway!:mickey:

suzilovespopcentury
11-14-2008, 09:13 AM
I avoid 3 rides because they make me feel sick - the teacups, primeval whirl, and the speedway. The only reason I avoid speedway is because once I was crashed into by the car behind mine....and ouch I felt that in my neck the rest of the day!

MickeysEars
11-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Ok, with fairness to RedHead, there are many other things to do. However, I love just being there. There is somthing about the music piped in everywhere, the people watching, the smells...That being said...

I HATE the Tiki Room make over. Sounds Dangerous was boring. I like the Speedway but I can not stand the smell while in line. It makes me sick. Indiana Jones we do every 5 trips. I can not remember the last time we did the Backlot Tour.

4ubie1
11-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Here are my choices to NOT ride:

MK:
1. Jungle Cruise - while it is a classic and can change alil depending on your cruise guide, i have done this one once at night and once in the day and that was enough for me.

2. Any spinning up and down rides like Dumbo and Aladdin's carpets. I get sick on those so :nono: ..Teacups get to me too :sick:

3.Speedway - done it once my first visit and have no desire to do it again. I also don't understand why it is part of tomorrowland anymore :confused:

4. Stitch - Again, did it once and that was all i needed - sorry :stitch:

EPCOT:
1. Mission: Space - the reason i skip this one is cause simulations like this make me :ack:

2.HISTA - did it once and that was enough for me. I go if i need to cool off otherwise :shrug:

AK:
1. Dinorama - nothing really appeals to me here and i can ride similar things at my local amusement park

DS:
1. Indiana Jones - did it once and that was enough for me since the show pretty much stays the same - I wonder if they are going to revamp it with stuff from the latest movie??

2. Sounds Dangerous - again, did it once and that was enough for me

3. Star Tours - i get sick on simulations so i can't do this one..tried once and failed :ill: - wish I could do it :sad:

SandmanGStefani24
11-14-2008, 06:24 PM
these days I can skip the following rides and not be too glum about it...

the backlot tour. the once mighty tour is now a shell of itself and needs a revamp like crazy. i don't think it needs to go away, but it just looks like WDW forgot about it.

tres caballeros/rio del tiempo. i love WDW, but they killed this ride. No nice way to say it, it's ruined. It was beautiful the way it was.

indy speedway. i love cars and racing, and driving. but the annoying rail breaks your thumbs and wrist each time you hit it. been there, seen it, done it. don't need to do it again.

laward32
11-14-2008, 09:55 PM
I think Stitch is the only one I can think of that I would never do again. The teacups I don't do because I get sick going in circles. I have promised my girls to ride it next time, but they can't spin me alot. I have never done Sounds Dangerous and don't care too.:mickey:

Meerkat
11-14-2008, 10:18 PM

MK:
Peter Pan (Ditto)

EPCOT:

Disney Studios:

Wow! That's more negative opinions than I've ever heard before. Redhead, I think you are spending way too much time and money at Disney. Have you tried Six Flags?

epceddie
11-15-2008, 12:26 AM
At the MK, the Jungle Cruise just isn't worth the wait anymore and the Speedway should be replaced or updated. Three of my nephews (ages 7-10) took a pass the last time they were in Tomorrowland.

I also think the Great Movie Ride at DHS is a dud.

Daisy'sMom
11-15-2008, 09:33 AM
I think you have to look at certain rides and think about what they about before you judge them.
The rides in Fantasyland are bascially for small children. Peter Pan, Snow White, Dumbo and the rest might not appeal to you, but I know that they appeal to young set. Look at the smiles.
The thrill rides appeal to teenagers, young adults and the brave at heart. But to some, they belong somewhere else.
Rides like COP, Jungle Cruise, Pirates and the rest are to me, nostalgic. They are sweet and represent Walt Disney.
I love most, but feel some shows are a waste. I do not like the Stunt show at HS, I love the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast.
The first time I went to WDW was when Main Street was a dirt road with construction all around. My dad worked there and I remember he brought us for a tour. I was not impressed and did not have the vision to see what was being created. Over the years, I saw many changes, some I like, some I don't. But I try to respect the fact what is my favorite is someone's "taking up space". Isn't it amazing we all feel differently about what's in the jar, but love the jar.:mickey:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
11-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I prefer not to ride:

Stitch's Great Escape
Tomorrowland Speedway
It's A Small World
Mission: Space
Ellen's Energy Adventure
It's Tough To Be A Bug 3D
Kilimanjaro Safaris

That's all I can think of...for now...

Chris :hatter:

Gator
11-15-2008, 12:46 PM
The Great Movie Ride.

I went on it on my honeymoon in 02 and never went on it again. It's soooo long and dull. The Wizard of Oz scene was cool, but not enough to make me go through the rest of the ride to see it.

honeebee86
11-15-2008, 03:09 PM
This ride I have only been on one time...the Tea Cups. I went on with a friend last month and had never been on previously because I rode a similar ride when I was 4 and got sick :sick: So when I agreed to go on with my friend, she promised she wouldnt spin the thing!!! Well, she did! I was so dizzy and felt nauseous the rest of the day:(

Crystal
11-15-2008, 10:25 PM
My List:

Mission:Space :ack:
Tea Cups :ack:
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl :ack:
Tower of Terror
Star Tours :ack:
HISTA
Sounds Dangerous

I get sick easily.. :mad:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Dinosaur..

I have said this so many times already on intercot but I have never been more scared and upset in my life as when I exited Dinosaur!

I tried to conquer my fear on my last visit,but it was even worse than before :D

Reyam56
11-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Stich, Mission: Space (high speed), Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents

CU Tiger
11-17-2008, 12:29 PM
I will NEVER go on Stitch again.:nope:
Enchanted Tiki Room
If the lines are long, we will skip Peter Pan and Small World.:mickey:

disney1026
11-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Sounds Dangerous - I wanted to get up and walk out the first time I did it.

Stitch - I was in so much pain because the shoulder bars came down on me weirdly and I obviously couldn't move them.

EJS-Houston
11-17-2008, 04:19 PM
"It's a Small World" would be a chore to sit through at this point, even for nostalgia's sake.

dtootsie42
11-17-2008, 04:41 PM
The backlot tour--used to be really neat but now is kind of lame

I don't care for the Tiki room either....however I do love the Tiki Room at Disneyland, most likely because it is the original show without Iago or Zazu, they drive me insane.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand

IloveDisney71
11-17-2008, 06:18 PM
1. TOT - rode it once and will NEVER ride it again:sick:
2. Teacups - I loved them as a kid (the faster the better) - now I can only ride them if the other people in the cup agree NOT to spin them at all! :sick:
3. Star Tours - something about it made me :sick:

AdventurerKim
11-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I avoid Splash Mountain because all the little drops inside in the dark really got to me more than the big drop at the end. I also avoid Test Track because of all the jerking around on the track. Lastly, I avoid Adventures of Pooh on principal and because I miss Mr. Toad.

beckylovestink
11-18-2008, 04:21 PM
what a waste of time!

Tinkerbelly84
11-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Def the 3-d France movie it made me naucious

SpecJoe Magic
11-22-2008, 03:32 AM
Magic Carpets of Aladdin- I don't think the ride itself is horrible, but the placement of it bothers me, so I consider my avoidance of it to be my own little way of protesting its existence in Adventureland.

Dumbo- It almost always has a long wait, so I won't do it again unless I have children in the future who want to ride it.

It's a Small World- Yeah, it's a classic, but I just can't take it anymore. The only way I'll change my mind is if I ever have young children who want to ride it.

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway- It's such a long wait for such a boring ride. When I was a kid, I thought it was great because I got to drive a car, but now that's not a special event because it's a common occurrence in everyday life. Once again, the only way I'll ever ride this again is if I have young children who want to ride it.

Mad Tea Party- It's not fun to spin in small circles constantly for the duration of the ride.

Stitch's Great Escape- I hate the chili dog smell, but it's not the only thing about the attraction that stinks.

Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse- I never have a desire to walk up and down all of those stairs because I get plenty of walking throughout the park during the course of the day when visiting places that I actually want to go.

Ellen's Energy Adventure- It was enjoyable a few times, but now it's just a time waster when I could be doing so many other much better things.

The entire Imagination Institute- I don't even want to waste steps and time walking over there anymore.

Gran Fiesta Tour- I was never a big fan when it was El Rio de Tiempo, but now it's worse in my opinion.

Most of the films in World Showcase- With the exception of O' Canada, which I think is decent, I have no desire to spend my time at Epcot watching mediocre films. To make matters worse, they don't have seating (with the exception of Impressions de France, which makes for a good place to take a short nap).

Backstage Studio Tour- It used to be great when the park was a real working studio, but now there just isn't any point to it anymore.

Beauty and the Beast- It has lost its appeal for me, and the seats are uncomfortable.

Rafiki's Planet Watch- I made a trip there the year the park opened (it was Conservation Station at the time), but it's simply not worth the trouble or the time of riding the train over to it.

Dino-Rama- I would rather not visit this entire area at all because it is such an eyesore and is very out of place. I suppose Primeval Whirl is a decent ride, but I typically just avoid the area altogether because it isn't good enough to warrant a visit to the area.

There are a lot more attractions on my list than I imagined there would be, but these are still only a handful of attractions in the grand scheme of WDW.

readytogo2
11-22-2008, 03:07 PM
astro orbiter got the best of DW and i last trip . they didnt look that fast from the ground.

thatchick
11-22-2008, 03:44 PM

I have to agree...:sad:

AnnetteFan
11-24-2008, 02:49 AM
I think everyone is being a bit too hard on Redhead, there are tons of things I don't do at Disney and I'm a CM. I just don't see the need to ride Dumbo everytime I come to the parks, I'm a grown up after all. You don't have to love every single attraction at Disney to love Disney, that's why they have so many attractions. Skipping out on about 8 attractions at the Magic Kingdom is hardly reason to not go at all. If we all did everything at Disney it would take us weeks and weeks. So you do what you like and skip the rest. I would hate to sit through every single culturally informative movie at Epcot or every hub and spoke ride on property but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy myself in the parks overall.

mjaclyn
11-24-2008, 10:13 AM
I love Disney and will try anything there once. However, as I've gotten a older I realize that I don't HAVE to do all the rides just because it's Disney. Now I go to WDW with the mindset that I'm going to have fun whether that means riding all the rides or nothing at all. That being said, here are rides that I used to ride ALOT and don't ride anymore because I don't really enjoy them:

1. Tower of Terror
2. Mission: Space
3. Ellen's Energy Adventure (it's just SO LONG)
4. Haunted Mansion

I NEVER liked:
1. Stitch
2. Sounds Dangerous
3. Star Tours
4. Dinosaur

poeticeclipse
11-24-2008, 11:33 AM
All of these i've been on and either A- avoid unless i'm with someone that wants to experience it or, B- refuse to go on ever again.

Speedway - I haven't been on these since my first trip to WDW when i was 9. No passion to wait in line for an hour for a very slow and boring ride.

Pooh - If there is nothing better to do... i'll go. But, I just don't care for "trippy" Pooh. Not that I am not a Pooh and friends fan. I just don't think the attraction is anything spectacular.

Magic Carpets of Aladdin - Glorified Dumbo

Reflections of China (or whatever its called) - Ehh, just okay. I like the old Canada much better.

Stunt Show - It was cool but nothing i'd waste a lot of time on again.

Primevil Whirl - Oh, the sickness!

HISTA - I'll go to amuse my husband but I put my feet up and close my eyes.

Jungle Cruise - Gosh, Walt.... was this what you had planned?

Granny Jill A
11-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Space Mountain in WDW is a no-no for me. The one is Disneyland is OK, but for some reason the WDW version has too much shake, rattle and roll ;)

The "bobsled" seating arrangement is a little rough on my old bones, as well.

tiggerbuddy
11-26-2008, 06:47 AM
Hello !!!
Im a newbie here...1st post
I could do without Tom Sawyer Island.
With technology being what it is, replace it with something new & exciting...
Also, Who's BRILLIANT idea was it to replace
20K leagues (major attraction) with a little playground (hate it !!!):ack:

goofygirl67
11-26-2008, 05:05 PM
MK
It's a small world--I very much dislike that song
Pooh- boycotted because I miss Mr. Toad
Actually most of Fantasyland but I do go on the Carousel, Philharmagic, Peter pan.
Aladdin
Stitch-- Smells, besides I am an AE lover
Epcot
I avoid the movies-- they make me have motion sickness
Orange line on MS
Universe of Energy--Get rid of Ellen and I might go back
MGM (oops Hollywood Studios)
Star tours--motion sickness
AK
Primevil Whirl- the only ride in WDW I almost lost my cookies on

pdrlkr
11-27-2008, 10:28 AM
the Teacups! :ack:

comicguy
11-27-2008, 07:48 PM
For me it is the Tea Cups and Primevial Whirl. I just can't take the spinning anymore:ack:. But I can ride all of the roller coasters and everything else with no problems.

hardingella
11-29-2008, 06:15 AM

:ditto::ditto:
I think for some of you the magic has died:(

AnnetteFan
11-29-2008, 07:06 AM
^Not really. Just because you don't like a particular ride it doesn't mean you don't appreciate Disney magic in general. I can have all my magic without having to stand in a two hour line to ride Dumbo.

mainemajor
11-29-2008, 10:42 AM
:ditto::ditto:
I think for some of you the magic has died:(

Not at all. Just as Disney has evolved so have most visitors. As your children grow up Fantsyland looses some of its appeal. When I first went there was only one park and two on-site resorts now there are four parks plus DD and I don't know how many on-site resorts.
The magic has not died, it has changed and will forever remain as strong as you want to make it. Now, by forgoing as many rides I can explore more of each park. Places and things that one never sees when rushing to the next ride. I love Disney even more now than I did when I first visited way back in '75. :mickey:

hardingella
11-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Not at all. Just as Disney has evolved so have most visitors. As your children grow up Fantsyland looses some of its appeal. When I first went there was only one park and two on-site resorts now there are four parks plus DD and I don't know how many on-site resorts.
The magic has not died, it has changed and will forever remain as strong as you want to make it. Now, by forgoing as many rides I can explore more of each park. Places and things that one never sees when rushing to the next ride. I love Disney even more now than I did when I first visited way back in '75. :mickey:

Fair comment. i just felt that some lists seemed very long, and i felt that there was not much left afetr some of them, but i do take your point:mickey:

lotsofthumbsup
11-30-2008, 11:25 PM
I avoid HISTA like the plague ONLY because I can't stand the preshow. Other than that I'm pretty much game for anything.

That being said, sometimes I prefer skipping some of the rides. Sitting on a bench in frontierland can be just as fun :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
12-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I rarely go on Test Track anymore. I figure if a I want a hair-raising experience in a car, all I need to do is have my teenage son take me for a ride (just kidding!!) :D

MickeyChick
12-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I hated Tower of Terror. Never, ever again.

Chimchimcheree
12-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Stitch Encounter. Can't stand the burp smell. We actually liked it when it was Alien Encounter.

Teacups. I rode it once for the kids and I wouldn't let them spin it. Never again for me. :sick:

HISTA is in real need of an update.

Stunt show at Hollywood studios. Have seen it twice and never need to see it again. What a waste of space.

Indiana Jones, needs an update.

Backlot Tour, update.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

danimator
12-03-2008, 05:30 PM
After seeing them twice, in future I'll be passing on the LMA stunt show and Indiana Jones. Not because they're bad, but they're basically one-trick ponies. Once you see them, you've seen them. Also

-Stitch's Great Escape, for obvious reasons. What were they thinking?

-Tiki Room.. Once was enough my first visit. DW and I almost walked.

-Jungle Cruise. Call me a curmudgeon, but I just can't laugh at it; and there are plenty of other places in the park to see animatronic animals. ;)

-Toon Town. Nothing of interest for grownups.

-HISTA.. not really bad, but man, that pre-show.. it's like being taken hostage.

-I too was a bit underwhelmed by Fantasmic. I was expecting something amazing, and it felt too much like a promotional clip show selling disney dvd's. Thanks guys, but there's not exactly a deficit of in-park advertising. :mickey:

rt207
12-04-2008, 10:19 PM
I won't do Star tours again:sick: or the "more intense" version of MS again (the last time got to me and I feel like I'm pushing my luck).

mic_keyfan
12-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Unfortunately I have been banned from any and all roller coasters due to a couple of bad disks in my neck! I guess it isn't so bad though, they were starting to get to me while riding anyway. I WILL ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad each and every time however, no matter what!!!!

sportsguy2315
12-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Tigger: Welcome to Intercot.

My List

MK:
Stitch's Great Escape: Never done it, never care to.

Magic Carpets: A Dumbo clone with a chance to get wet. If I need to get wet, it's called Splash Mountain.

Epcot:
Energy: I'm not a huge fan of dinosaurs. Nuff said.
Imagination: What an abomination. Eric Idle is funny- with Monty Python.

DS:
ToT: Not a huge fan of falling either.
Lights, Motor, Action: eh

AK:
Dinosaur: See Energy

ravsluvdisney
12-05-2008, 08:53 PM
TOP 3:

Country Bear Jamboree - Came back to it last trip after not seeing it for many years - and it will be many more before seeing it again!

Peter Pan's Flight - Actually like the ride - hey, it's a classic - but the line is always painfully slow.

Space Mountain - It pains me that I don't ride it but unlike when I was a younger (read thinner) dude it wasn't so jarring on the ol' body.

indytraveler
12-08-2008, 09:36 AM
MK
Dumbo, the wait is too long in the afternoon, plus we go in summer and NO SHADE.
COP - need some updates, however if its raining and already done TTA 4 times may need a switch.

All other parks I'll ride each ride if given the chance with wait times etc.

Mickey91
12-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Thrill rides. They make me sick:sick:.

MickeyAD
12-15-2008, 01:39 AM
MK:
Dumbo--unless I'm with little kids, I have no reason to stand in line...I'd put The Magic Carpets in this same category
Tiki Room--doesn't appeal to me at all
Jungle Cruise--ditto
Treehouse--It's cute, but seeing it once was enough
Tom Sawyer Island--see Treehouse
Astro Orbiter--I'm half-way tempted to ride again just because of the amazing view, but I would HAVE to have my own rocket...those rockets do not hold two adults comfortably, especially those with long legs, like myself
Space Mtn--I'm half-way tempted to ride because I'm a thrill-seeker and I like to get my nerves rattled every once in a while, but it's a jerky ride that rarely fails to give me a headache
Stitch--Haven't actually experienced it, and have no desire to try

Epcot:
Like many standard movies, after seeing the Canada, China and Norway movies once, and enjoying them (they're very informative and pretty interesting), I don't see any reason to watch them again

Hollywood Studios:
Indiana Jones: the stunts are pretty cool, but it loses my interest after a little while
Sounds Dangerous: not a big fan, but it isn't awful...I'm just not sure why it has survived for so many years
Backlot Tour: not what it used to be

AK:
Dinorama...ESPECIALLY Primeval Whirl: In no other situation have I had such a beating on my ribs and stomach...it's especially hard riding when you're trying to avoid crashing into your little nephew with every twist and turn the vehicle makes...If I can have my own vehicle, I might change my mind...As a whole, Dinorama is such an eyesore