PDA

View Full Version : Best Restaurant's To View "Wishes"

DisneyPrincess21
11-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I was looking for a place to take my dad for a surprise birthday dinner :party: And I wanted to find a place that has a nice view of the wishes fireworks show. If you could give me any suggestions I would appreciate it :thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
The best dining view of Wishes is from the observation deck at California Grill, but also from many of the window seats. Truly breathtaking. In second place for view, Narcoossee's. There's also 'Ohana, but best to plan to be done eating and out on the Polynesian Beach to watch, which means you could also consider Kona Cafe.

Polynesian Dweller
11-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I agree with SBETigg that the Cali Grill and Narcoosee's have the best views from the restaurants. We've seen it from both and its different from each. IMO the preference is somewhat of a personal preference. We like Narcoosee's because every window seat and most non-window have good views. We also like the ambiance of the setting, a bit more romantic for us. But that's the personal preference part. Both places are great for Wishes.

But the best view of Wishes is actually from the Polynesian beach. The fireworks and Electrical Water pageant combo can't be beat.

Aggie97
11-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I agree with SBETigg that the Cali Grill and Narcoosee's have the best views from the restaurants. We've seen it from both and its different from each. IMO the preference is somewhat of a personal preference. We like Narcoosee's because every window seat and most non-window have good views. We also like the ambiance of the setting, a bit more romantic for us. But that's the personal preference part. Both places are great for Wishes.

I really agree with this assessment -- we also prefer Narcoossee's over CA Grill. :thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
11-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Have Narcoosee's changed their policy? We were there for Xmas dinner in 2004...and had a beautiful window seat, great dinner and then for the fireworks (which I timed my reservation so we could see)...that people STOOD OUTSIDE AND LEANED AGAINST THE WINDOW so we couldn't see a thing...very disappointing...was it just because it was Xmas? or just because there were 40 rude people? or CM;s inside the restaurant which didn't care to get them off the deck that surrounds the front of the restaurant.

I personally vote for Cali Grill, which is where we will be a week from Friday night to watch the MVMCP fireworks from above...for our last dinner, fireworks then a quick monorail trip to EPCOT to finish off a wonderful vacation.

:pirate:

DisneyLoversx4
11-12-2008, 03:50 AM
Can you see wishes from crystal palace if you are next to windows?

SBETigg
11-12-2008, 05:36 AM
No arguing with Narcoossee's atmosphere, and they do have lovely viewing, but the tree belt around the park partially obstructs some of the lower lying fireworks, which is why California Grill has the better view of the two, even if it isn't your personally preferred view. And yes, sometimes the window views are obscured by observation deck viewers at Narcoossee's. I prefer to move to use the observation decks at both.

I don't think you can actually see the fireworks from the Crystal Palace windows due to the crowds that build up in the area, and maybe some angle issues, but I'm not sure. I haven't been there in a few years.