PDA

View Full Version : Entering MK before Official Opening ?

HeadFairyInCharge
11-10-2008, 03:01 PM
I have a question regarding the actually process of entering the park. If you have an ADR for a restaurant and it is for a time close to park opening at 8 or 9 AM, do you have the ability to get in and around to your destination before the whole 8:48 AM train arrival with the "Official Opening"? Are the restaurants and shops open earlier than the attractions? Any details on this is appreciated, have not been here in many years.

tinklover
11-10-2008, 03:18 PM
to answer your question yes. the restaurants are open before park open for character meals. we had an 8 am ressie at BBB in the castle in june . we caught a bus at 7 am form pop and we were at MK and in the park had pics taken in front of the castle and at BBB by 7:30. they took the girls right away and we were out of there and almost to the circle at teh start of main street when the people wer elet in and everyone running to get to where they wanted to be.

ali'sdad2003
11-10-2008, 03:22 PM
This is a great time to slow down and take everything in down Main Street. It is a great chance to get pictures in front of the castle. There a photopass people out and about to take your pictures as well. We did this for the 1st time this year and it was wonderful. Also, so of the shops are open and you can take you time and walk through them.

HeadFairyInCharge
11-10-2008, 03:38 PM
What if it's the Taping day for the Christmas Day Parade..... will that make it difficult to get through crowd to get to the Castle for breakfast ?
Should I be prepared for GRIDLOCK :(

Strmchsr
11-10-2008, 04:37 PM
What if it's the Taping day for the Christmas Day Parade..... will that make it difficult to get through crowd to get to the Castle for breakfast ?
Should I be prepared for GRIDLOCK :(

Main St will be tied up on Saturday, Dec 6. And, yes, on that day it's gridlock. They route folks not involved in the parade taping around Main St so you might need to allow extra time.