PDA

View Full Version : Tambu Lounge- Polenisan Resort

The REAL Cinderella
11-10-2008, 01:11 PM
I can not believe we are leaving in 6 days! Has anyone eaten at the Tambu Lounge at the Polenisan Resort? I was thinking of taking the monorail from the MK to the Polenisan and just enjoying the atmosphere with a quick bite to eat.

Would it be worth the trip? How long is the ride from MK to Polenisan Resort?

Thanks for any help in this matter! :marg::party:

BigRedDad
11-10-2008, 02:10 PM
The ride is not too long. It is only two stops away. I lived having a Lapu Lapu as I was waiting for our table at O'hanas.

SBETigg
11-10-2008, 03:17 PM
It's a great lounge. I love it for relaxing with a fun drink. Very friendly staff. I've never eaten there. I'm not sure you can get more than finger food type snacks, or if you can even get that, so I wouldn't count on it for a meal.

Polynesian Dweller
11-10-2008, 04:49 PM
The Tambu lounge serves appetizers not meals. Its things like chicken strips, egg rools, chips, nothing meal like or size. However, you can add to that by getting something from the Kona Island Sushi bar where you can also get coffee.

The other option is to get a bite at Captain Cooks and then go to Tambu Lounge afterward for a relaxing drink.

Obviously I'm a bit biased but IMHO the Polynesian is definitely worth the visit.

SBETigg
11-10-2008, 07:27 PM
The ride is about ten-fifteen minutes by boat, shorter by monorail, provided things are running smoothly and wait times aren't unusually long.

MinnieMommie
11-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Definately :thumbsup: for Tambu Lounge! It is a very casual and relaxed atmosphere. The appetizers are great (and they have some good drinks too!). The lapu lapu served in a pineapple are among the favorites. :mickey:

jillluvsdisney
11-12-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't care for the lounge. It's too crowded and busy with spillover from people waiting for O'hana's. I like a quieter lounge to sit and relax in. My two favorite are Minzer's at GF and the lounge inside the Boardwalk.