PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner PKG - No show on sked right now?

Verolovesdisney
11-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Hello,
Just called to try and get an ADR for Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner PKG for March 2nd, and this date is not yet available. Upon checking the official DW website, there is no Fantasmic show on the scheduale right now, when would this normally be released? And about the Fantamic PKG at Mama Melrose, is it a set menu or can we pick from an app, entree and dessert?

DizneyRox
11-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I think they are looking to take a wait and see approach to Fantasmic! right now. It's being scaled way back to only 2 shows per week I believe, and may be pared even more if booking don't pick up. They may put in more shows as well if things get better faster.

Right now, it's just too early to tell. I would keep an eye on the schedule and call immediately when you find out. BUT, also make other dining reservations as soon as you can, you don't want to not have anything to eat.

danicafan
11-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I would definetely check every few days and book ASAP, when we went to book our Fantasmic dinner package for our week in January when Fantasmic is only being shown twice we could not get in at all. And we called about 100 days out!

KylesMom
11-10-2008, 01:44 PM
And about the Fantamic PKG at Mama Melrose, is it a set menu or can we pick from an app, entree and dessert?
You are able to choose an appetizer, entree and dessert since it is considered a "package". They did away with the set menu of family salad, flatbread & entree a few years ago. We did the package twice in July, and had great food and service both times.

I, too, will be keeping my eyes open for when they start listing available dates for June!

hokies4life
11-12-2008, 11:51 AM
You are able to choose an appetizer, entree and dessert since it is considered a "package". They did away with the set menu of family salad, flatbread & entree a few years ago.

Is this really how its been? Its still listed in Info Central as the set menu, but I think it would be easier to convince DBF to eat here if it were pick your own every thing. Does that mean there is any change in the listed price in Info Central? Thanks!

:chipdale:

Verolovesdisney
11-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Hello again, I noticed that Fantasmic! will be showing on Mar 5th, so booked the dinner pkg for that day. I don't think they have a lot of time left however as I got 3:45pm and they had nothing later. Asked about what is included in the pkg, the CM told me that is was only the main course + dessert, kind of like if I was using a DDP dining credit. She did however not seem very comfortable with that anwser, so I think I will call back at a later date and find out if the pkg indeed does included the appetiezer.

KylesMom
11-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Is this really how its been? Its still listed in Info Central as the set menu, but I think it would be easier to convince DBF to eat here if it were pick your own every thing.

We've done the Fantasmic! Dinner Package at Mama Melrose several times the past two years - twice in July of 2008 and once in 2007. Both years we chose right off the dinner menu. We have also eaten at Mama's for the Fantasmic package every year from 2001 to 2007. Prior to the change, you received a family salad/flatbread to share/entree per person & dessert from the main menu.

I don't have my receipt with me, but I believe it was $32.99 plus tax each. When the ADR was made, we did have to give our credit card number to guarantee the reservation. If we would not have shown up or cancelled within a 24-hour period, they would have charged $10 per person to the card.

Now, it is definitely feasible that they are changing the package after the first of the year. However, nothing has been advertised to date about any changes they may make to the current package structure. To Verolovesdisney, I'd definitely call back and clarify . . . .

hokies4life
11-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks KylesMom for all the info!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:chipdale:

Verolovesdisney
11-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Ok, called back today to get an exact anwser on what's included with the Fantasmic! dinner PKG when using DDP. The person I spoke to seemed to know what she was talking about, and official lines seems to be that if you a DDP credit to pay for the pkg, you will not get an appetizer; basically you will get the exact same as if you were eating dinner there on DDP without the pkg. Guess they have changed their policy for 2009.:(