PDA

View Full Version : New Discount

dlchap
11-10-2008, 09:50 AM
I attempted to apply the new 4/7 discount to my already existing package at POP Century for mid-January and was told that there are not any more availbale discounts for that time. However the agent suggested I continue to call and check to see if anything opens up. Has anyone else had this dfficulty. The only place available for the dates we are going are the Wilderness Cabins and I am not interested in switching. Anyone know whether it is likely other slots will open?

Coccinelle
11-10-2008, 11:35 AM
I had the same problem. I can't apply the discount on my reservation because there are not any more discount available . I am at Fort Wilderness campground. Anyway...i would love to have the discount of course...but I WILL BE AT WALT DISNEY !!! So...anyway...i am happy !!!

Jasper
11-10-2008, 11:58 AM
We just booked 4 rooms at POP for Jan 11-17 using the new discount and had no problems getting them. We made the reservation three days ago which was November 7. We asked about several different resorts before settling on POP and at that time there was availability at all resorts we asked about.

BigRedDad
11-10-2008, 12:53 PM
This is one reason to use MJ. The discounts are limited for dates. MJ can change your reservations over automatically.

handmaidenofprincesses
11-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I just had this problem this morning. They want to transfer me to AS Sports :p

Ooh look 300th post! (such a geek, i know)

SBETigg
11-13-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm using MJ and they still didn't have any availability for my dates at the Polynesian or Grand Floridian just a day or so after the deal was announced. It happens. Discounts can go quickly.

dlchap
11-13-2008, 01:25 PM
I actually solved my own problem and cancelled my reservations with Disney, as I learned that I could get the discount if I booked with Southwest Vacations. I can now have my cake and eat it too!

mermaidmarian
11-13-2008, 01:43 PM
I actually solved my own problem and cancelled my reservations with Disney, as I learned that I could get the discount if I booked with Southwest Vacations. I can now have my cake and eat it too!

How did you get the discount for your dates via Southwest Vacations, if Disney was reporting that it had no rooms available for your dates under the promotion?

dlchap
11-14-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't know how Southwest was able to get me the discount, but I got it. I do however think that large travel companies reserve rooms at places like Disney for their customers to access, so I would suggest to people to check around if they are unable to book through Disney directly.