PDA

View Full Version : Crowds and weather now

quicksand
11-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Anyone there now or just get back? I was curious about current wait times and weather. Not sure how to pack or plan our days. Thanks in advance for any comments. :mickey:

ChewyStriker
11-10-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm curious about this too as we leave on Friday afternoon for a short three-night visit. Forecast looks like it will be warm on Friday, then gradually cooling through the weekend with rain forecasted for Sunday.

Can you tell I've been watching?:)

suzilovespopcentury
11-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Weather was GREAT last week, 70-80 during the days, nice a breezy, around 60s at night.
I just returned to snow/sleet, 30 degrees in Michigan yesterday afternoon...yuck!

I was amazed at how light the crowds were - the only lines we really had a wait were Soarin' and Toy Story Mania. Exped. Everest only 20 minutes, Mission Space 10 minutes for the intense line, 5 minutes for no spin line. The last few years I've been there in October instead of November, and expected larger crowds like they were a few years ago.
Pop Century wasn't too crowded either.

Have lots of fun! I did NOT want to come home.

Suzi

henry.james.s
11-10-2008, 11:52 AM
I use the Weather Channel 10 day forecast page for planning...

And Weather Underground is also good.

:thumbsup:

tigger24601
11-10-2008, 12:16 PM
we leave for the world early sunday morning. i hope the rain comes early. saturday night would be perfect.

how are the christmas decorations?? they are the whole reason we plan our trip for this time of year. can't wait to see the castle!!!!

suzilovespopcentury
11-10-2008, 12:40 PM
We were there Sunday-Sunday (Nov 2-9) and every day there were tons more decorations up all over the parks as they transitioned from Halloween to Christmas...the tree wasn't up yet at the entrance to Disney Studios as of last Thursday, but it's probably up by now. MK had the garlands strung up everywhere on Saturday morning, it''s beautiful, totally put me in the mood to put my tree up now instead of waiting until after Thanksgiving!

Suzi

Strmchsr
11-10-2008, 01:50 PM
For all things weather see the weather forecast thread at the top of this forum.

Weather Channel's automated page isn't very good. It's only based on 1 model and no human ever looks at it.

Weather Underground is a little better.

If you want weather info, though, check the thread I mentioned and/or look at the local Orlando TV stations. Then, at least, you know you have a meteorologist actually looking at the data and making a forecast instead of a computer crunching numbers.

Tinkerfreak
11-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Weather was GREAT last week, 70-80 during the days, nice a breezy, around 60s at night.
I just returned to snow/sleet, 30 degrees in Michigan yesterday afternoon...yuck!

I was amazed at how light the crowds were - the only lines we really had a wait were Soarin' and Toy Story Mania. Exped. Everest only 20 minutes, Mission Space 10 minutes for the intense line, 5 minutes for no spin line. The last few years I've been there in October instead of November, and expected larger crowds like they were a few years ago.
Pop Century wasn't too crowded either.

Have lots of fun! I did NOT want to come home.

Suzi

We just got back Saturday and we felt the same way. Crowds were bigger on the weekend but I would not call it crowded at all. We did EE with a 10 minute wait then it went up to 20 minutes. Did KRR several times with no wait. Even Epcot was surprisingly uncrowded on Friday afternoon. We expected the crowds to pick up alot for Food and Wine Festival on Friday but it was so quiet. We were thinking about not going back next year but we enjoyed the light crowds so much we might just plan another trip.
I agree TSM and Soarin did still have longer waits but the most I saw for Soarin was 55 minutes one afternoon and TSM got up to 90 miutes.