PDA

View Full Version : GF Gingerbread House

DONROCK
11-10-2008, 07:48 AM
I noticed the hours for GF Gingerbread House are 10am to 10pm. Why are hours posted?...are you actually able to go "inside" this house? I imagined you just walked around it to view it.

jonah'smom
11-10-2008, 07:52 AM
I think the hours are for the shop that is open inside that sells hot cocoa, gingerbread cookies, etc. You cannot actually go inside.

DDuck66
11-10-2008, 03:36 PM
The shop also sells Gingerbread Shingles, small Gingerbread Houses as well as some other treats. We always pick up a shingle, but we have never eaten it.

IloveDisney71
11-10-2008, 05:09 PM
My DD bought a gingerbread shingle and said it was yummy (I don't like gingerbread so I didn't eat it.).
I also think that the times are for the shop inside it.
We had a great time looking for all of the hidden Mickey's on the house.

mrp4352
11-10-2008, 05:15 PM
They also sell beautiful boxes made out of chocolate with Grand Floridian artwork on the top and chocolate lollypops with Disney characters on them!

baby minnie's mommy
11-10-2008, 07:12 PM
So they sell hot chocolate, too? That would be great with some gingerbread... :tasty:

Can anyone remember example prices for items they sell? I'm curious how much $$ to set aside, as we're also planning a visit there. :tree:

MinnieMommie
11-10-2008, 07:24 PM
I don't remember the exact prices but do remember them to be reasonable. This is one of my favorite things to do during the holiday season. I can't tell you how beautifully the GF lobby smells once the house goes up. We stayed at GF one year while they were constructing the house. I was in awe!! :mickey:

Tinkerbelly84
11-13-2008, 04:53 PM
My mom brought me back a shingle last year when she went to Disney. I love gingerbread but I really thought that they were pretty nasty. It was a very cute and thoughtful idea but I don't suggest you eat them.

DDuck66
11-14-2008, 10:32 AM
So they sell hot chocolate, too? That would be great with some gingerbread... :tasty:

Can anyone remember example prices for items they sell? I'm curious how much $$ to set aside, as we're also planning a visit there. :tree: I want to say that the "shingles" were around $8 and the small GB House started at around $70 (??). You could drop a fortune or spend as little as $20 bucks..just depends on what you want.

Ed
11-15-2008, 08:19 AM
We were at GF last night for dinner before going to MVMCP. Chefs were putting some of the final touches on the gingerbread house, and the signs indicated it will open this coming Monday, 11/17. The smell of gingerbread near the house was mouth-watering. :tasty:

LandFan
11-18-2008, 02:31 PM
I agree with Tinkerbelly84. I thought the gingerbread shingle was nasty too! I bought one last Thanksgiving and I was unpleasantly surprised! I was hoping it would be great...