PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character Meal for 2 young boys

iheartdisney
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM
What is your favorite character meal for two boys (ages 5 and 6)? We're open to character meals at either the parks OR any resort. We've been there, done that with Crystal Palace. And I think by the time we go my 4 year old (who will have just turned 5 for our trip) will be over Little Einsteins. And I can tell you right now, princess meals will NOT fly. Any suggestions?

Thanks! ~Maureen

Pirate Granny
11-09-2008, 11:58 PM
When are you going...if it's before January 4th I would take them to Liberty Tree Tavern...if after January try Chef Mickey's and I'm not sure if the "land" restaurant has character meals anymore...there is the breakfast at O'Hana's which is very nice too.
:pirate:

scootch713
11-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Chef Mickey's or Ohana's for sure. They really need to do a Toy Story themed meal(imo).

RockinRollerMom
11-10-2008, 08:58 AM
My suggestion was going to be Chef Mickey's too! It is convenietly located at the Contemporary Resort. DD loves riding the monorail and it is really fun watching it zoom in and out of the resort. The meal itself is basic Disney buffet food. Nothing special but not bad at all either. The characters are great, all the classics. What I think your boys will like the most is that it is so upbeat and lively. Every 20 minutes or so a song "Celebrate with Mickey Mouse" comes on and all the characters parade through. You wave your napkins in the air along with the staff and characters. If you are paying OOP I definetly suggest breakfast. What we have done in the past is book a late breakfast ADR. (Like 10:45 or 11:am) We eat a small snack when we wake up, like a granola bar, then Chef Mickey's is like a brunch for us.

The other meal that came to mind is Mary Poppins breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at the GF. I didn't know how your boys would feel about Mary Poppins and Alice, but the Mad Hatter is there and he is SO funny! When we were there last December Piglet, Pooh and Tigger where there as well.

Hayden's Dad
11-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Chef Mickey's has Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Minnie :thumbsup:

Donald's Safari Breakfast: Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Minnie, and Goofy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ohana's: Stitch, Lilo, Mickey, Pluto:thumbsup:

Garden Grille (dinner) Mickey, Pluto, Chip, Dale :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Crystal Palace: Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore :thumbsup:

These are our favorites the ones with two thumbs up are our not to be missed.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Not they don't. No more TS. I'm sick of Pixar and John Lasseter taking over this company. Disney needs to use their characters for a change, not Pixar. I agree there should be a meal for boys - how about the Adventurer's Meal? Peter Pan, Hercules, Aladdin, Jack Sparrow, Jim Hawkins, and Sora? Or other male leads?

However, I would suggest either LTT or Mickey's Backyard BBQ for your boys. The BBQ isn't a traditional character meal. You aren't guaranteed to see all the characters, but they will come out and do a dance party for most of the night, with short greeting sets, and there are trick ropesters, a band, and other things that boys might enjoy. I love LTT the best personally, though.

cal5755
11-10-2008, 10:51 AM
I would say Donalds Safari breakfast in AK. We had a wonderful meal there and the Characters were very interactive and funny.

We love Chef Mickeys too and the characters there are great but they were more fun at the safari and spent more time with the kids there.

iheartdisney
11-10-2008, 11:27 AM
I hadn't even considered Donald's Safari breakfast! Thanks for the plug.

We actually thought Chef Mickey's or the one at the Garden Grill in EPCOT. Between the two, which is most recommended?

Hayden's Dad
11-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Personaly I like Garden Grill better we have always gotten better service and more interaction. It really comes down to if you would rather see Chip and Dale or Donald, Minnie, and Goofy. Mickey and Pluto are at both. Keep in mind that Garden Grill is now only a dinner character meal whereas Chef Mickey's is both breakfast and dinner. Either way you will have fun!:mickey:

ElenitaB
11-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Since he's been that age, Garden Grill has been my DS' favorite character meal. He was a bit old when we finally made it to 'Ohanas for breakfast with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch, but had this been an offering when he was younger, I'm sure he would have loved it as well. We did go to 1900 Park Fare when he was 6 and he did NOT like it. We also have gone to Donald's breakfast in its previous incarnation and we both enjoyed it as well (there aren't too many opportunities to meet Donald).

wdw_bound
11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
We're one of the few on Intercot who don't get the Chef Mickey's fascination. It's not bad, it's just that IMHO there are far better options out there. The last 2 times we've been to CM the food selection has only been so-so, and the service wasn't bad, but only mediocre.

Our new favorite, as of our trip in October, is Tusker House for breakfast (Donald's Safari). Food selection is incredible - more ethnic options as well as traditional American fare. Character interaction was wonderful, including the celebration parade. It is on our must-do list.

We also really enjoyed the Garden Grille for dinner. Character interaction was very good, and the novelty of a rotating restaurant was great for the kids. Service was some of the best I've had anywhere.