PDA

View Full Version : Mobility Problems

tnpoohbear
11-09-2008, 07:29 PM
DD would love to go on a cruise - but I have bad knees (need knee replacement surgery) and have to use an ecv at WDW. Would I be able to handle the cruise?

Any advice would be appreciated:mickey:

ElenitaB
11-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I also use an ECV at WDW (and am beginning to consider getting one to use at home as well). When we last cruised in February I would have welcomed an ECV on board. While the ship isn't all that large, those halls/decks can seem awfully long to someone with mobility issues and/or other health issues.

johnO
11-11-2008, 03:05 PM
We just got back from a DCL Cruise. We took my Mother in-law who needs an ECV or at least a walker for anthing outside the home. We rented one from Brevard Medical who delivered it to the terminal for us. It was great because she had independence on the trip.

tnpoohbear
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Thank you for the info. :mickey:

Brer Mickey
12-13-2008, 02:20 AM
Little insider secret. :yes: If booking an accessible outside cabin w/a balcony, consider Cat 6 stateroms 6154 Portside or 6654 Starboard. Even though it does not appear so on the deck plan, they do have the largest balconies of any of the accessible cabins. Also, because of thier unique shapes, they have a large storage closet with room for that ECV and empty luggage as well.