PDA

View Full Version : Miller/Tan Grand Gathering Day 6

LittleRoosMommy
11-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Oct. 18-25
WL
Cast: Me-34, DH-37, DD-4, DD-2, DSis, DBIL, DN-2

Today we had an early morning ADR at 'Ohana for breakfast. This was our first time trying breakfast here. We had our photo taken, the girls loved the leis, then were seated within 5 min of our check-in time. It was not very crowded at all, so the girls got plenty of time with the characters! The food was very good. DD-2 loved the juice! After a few parades around the restaurant and lots of time with the characters, we headed over to DHS.

We arrived shortly after rope drop and DH headed straight to TSM. He got FPs for 1-2pm! So, the girls wanted to see Playhouse Disney again! We met some characters, DH & DD4 rode Star Tours, saw more characters, the Muppets and then DDs and I got tattoos! We had promised DD4 that we would get tattoos this week! LOL They chose mine (Princess Minnie).

After the tattoos, we headed to Pizza Planet for lunch. Then we made it into Lights, Motors, Action! This was our first time seeing this show. It was great! DH loved it! After this, it was time for TSM. After a short break for the girls, we headed over to use our FPs. Much to our dismay, the FP line was at least a 30min wait!! UGH!!!!! The standby line was 120 min wait. Well, DH took the girls to run around for a little while and I stood in line. Happily the line moved alot faster than the 30 min we had been told about. We LOVED this ride!!! :thumbsup: Even DD2 was able to hit some of the targets! She wanted to do it again as soon as we got off the ride.

DD4 wanted to do some pin trading, so she and DH headed off to look for someone to trade pins with. Unfortunately, DD is as particular about pin trading as my DH, so she was a little disappointed when she didn't find the exact pin she was looking for! Oh well! Better luck next time! By this time DD2 was sound asleep in the stroller, so we wandered around the shops for a little while.

DH & DD4 decided to try some more pin trading. While they were looking for pins, they came across the Photopass photographer doing the HSM3 pep rally photos. So, DD4 got the cutest pics taken with the pom poms, basketball and megaphone!! She was so excited!!

By this time, we needed to head over to DTD to meet DSis, DBIL, DNephew and one of my oldest and best friends from home. He and his wife just moved to the area, so we planned to meet up with them for dinner. This was where everything started to head in the wrong direction.

Since DD2 was still asleep, we decided to take the boat over to the YC and then catch the bus. Well, after waiting for 15 min for the boat, then the time on the boat, a short break in the YC, we finally make it to the bus stop. Only to see the DTD bus pulling away as we reach the stop! :blush: Oh well, there will be another one come by soon! Right?!? Well, after waiting for almost 40 min for another bus, it finally shows up. By this time, DSis has called to say there is no wait at Rainforest Cafe and they were going to go ahead and get seated. We had just gotten on the bus at this point. Told them to go ahead and go in and we would meet them when we arrived. Well, DD2 was not very happy about being on the bus. The bus driver took FOREVER at the stop at BWI. In fact another bus for DTD went around us, loaded up the passengers and we were STILL sitting there waiting for the driver! UGH!!!!! All tolled it took us over 1hr and 15min, give or take, to get from YC to DTD!!!!!:mad:

By this time, DD2 is in a full blown temper tantrum on the bus. As well as several other toddlers! We head straight to Rainforest Cafe and meet everyone, who had very kindly waited for us to be seated. Luckily, there was still no wait!! :thumbsup: Maybe our luck was turning right? Well, somewhat. DD2 decided that she didn't need to sit in her highchair, which then rippled down to DNephew, as well. Once we got everyone settled, we were able to have a nice meal! It was great seeing our friends! We can't wait to see them at Thanksgiving and then when they come to DC to visit us!!!

After dinner, DSis and her family headed back to their rooms. Since this was our last night, we decided to do some shopping! Did I mention that it is now raining? Well, we walk over to WoD to pick up a few souveniers and the store is PACKED!!!! There were definitely no signs of a recession at this store! LOL It was wall-to-wall people. We tried to get what we absolutely needed and got out of there! It was to the point of being claustrophobic!!

Back to the bus stop! Luckily this bus was more efficient and prompt. After a quick trip to WL, it was off to bed for the girls. And off to the laundry for me, while DH got things packed up to leave tomorrow.

Up next: Our last day in the parks! :(

dtootsie42
11-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Sounds like another great day! I have to say our past experiences with the busses has not always been positive so sometimes I feel like crying...can't blame your little one.:mickey:

faline
11-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow! That was one long ride to Downtown Disney! Sounds like it all turned out alright in the end though it must have been rather trying at the time!

January-2007
11-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the trip report. :mickey:

yjgirl32
11-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Thank you for sharing. It sounded like a very nice trip.

Mackflava99
11-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Agreed i have never seen WoD empty- its a goldmine there...
Nice report!!

DizNee143
11-10-2008, 10:46 AM
wow what a day!
cant believe it took that long to get to dtd..crazy!

laward32
11-10-2008, 09:25 PM
OOOO!! I hate that last evening before going home. I am glad you've had a great adventure, except for the last few hours. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Ugh! The bus situation sounds like one that we had in August waiting for a bus to MK from the Beach Club. We finally hailed a taxi after 45 mins, then the bus shows up!:thedolls: The last night is always rough, but sounds like you made the best of it! Thanks for sharing!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure if I wouldn't be having a tantrum after 1 hour on the bus...sounds good otherwise

pdrlkr
11-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: