PDA

View Full Version : Budget ???

SCbelle
11-09-2008, 11:05 AM
:mickey:14 DAYS and counting!!!

My question is this, my party is 4 adults and two girls, 5 & 7. We are not on the DP but have paid up-front for 2 of our ressies. We plan to pack our own snacks as much as possible and eat brkfst in our room. As we will only be in the parks for 3 days, what do you suggest as a daily budget for food? Hopefully we can share adult portions with the girls when possible.

Thanks ;)

ibrowse17
11-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Everyone is different, and has their own needs to consider. We do not have childeren, and only have to plan for two adults. A typical day for us includes a counter service meal or buffett, a snack or two and one big table service lunch or dinner. As such, I have found that $60 per day per person works very well for us. We do have the DDE, which saves a bit on the table service and some select counter service meals.:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
11-09-2008, 01:23 PM
I agree that every family is different, and you also didn't say if you're doing all CS, or any TS or what your eating plans are. For us, we're pretty light eaters and rarely do a TS so It's a buget of about $25/day for adults and $20 for kids. On TS days it's $50-60/adult and $35 for kids. It's usually pretty easy to stay within those numbers, but it also depends on if you like to get appetizers, alcoholic or specialty drinks, or dessert. I would suggest checking the menus in Info Central and budgeting according to the prices there.

SCbelle
11-09-2008, 01:57 PM
:DI'm sorry, I guess I should say what we have planned. We will be in the parks Mon-Wed before Thanksgiving.

Mon(Epcot): ressie at Coral Reef 1:30pm
Tues(WDW): CRT bfst 8:10 (paid for)
Wed(AK): ressie at Boma 6:45pm
Thurs(free day): SOA 5:15pm (paid for)

We will not likely do TS for any other meals and will most likely only do one big meal per day. I figure we can split many CS meals with the girls. Any recommendations as to where the largest portions can be found?

Thanks Again!:D

goofygirl67
11-09-2008, 02:07 PM
I have actualy kept track of what I ate each day for my last 2 trips. I have averaged about 25-35.00 per day depending on if I had any TS.
There were times I had snacks from home or breakfast in the room. For the most part though I was just eating what I wanted and seeing what I was spending, this way I can budget better in the future. Believe it or not I did not have a single burger the whole week, 3 taco salads but no burger.
One thing I tried last time was buy a gift card before my trip to RFC that would save me money at the time of my trip. The only problem witht that though was I went for a steak instead of sokmething I normally would buy, better luck next time.