PDA

View Full Version : Miller/Tan Grand Gathering Day 5

LittleRoosMommy
11-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Oct. 18-25, 2008 at WL

Cast: Me-34, DH-37, DD-4, DD-2, DM, DF, DMIL, DFIL, DSis, DBIL, DN

Sorry for the delay in this report, I've had some sick kids recently!

This morning we had to say goodbye to our parents, as they were traveling home today.:( The girls were sad and so were their grandparents! Everyone had such a great time, that they wished they were staying the rest of the week too! But, alas, after a quick breakfast and some last pictures of everyone together in the Lodge, it was time for them to catch ME back to the airport.

After our parents left, we got ourselves ready for another great day at MK. DDs decided that was where they wanted to spend the day, so off we went to the launch. After a short 8min trip, we were at MK. After some pictures on Main Street and in front of the Castle, it was off to see Belle! DD4 LOVES Belle!! While we(DD4 & I) were at Storytime, DH took DD2 over to ride the Teacups and play at Pooh's house. DD2 LOVES the Teacups, so after we rejoined everyone, it was time for another spin! LOL She even talked to Alice and The Mad Hatter when we met them! What a turn around from earlier in the week!

Next, we headed over to Toontown. DD4 wanted to ride Goofy's Barnstormer. While waiting for DH & DD4, DD2 played at Donald's boat. She loves playing in the water! LOL It's a good thing I had a change of clothes and shoes for her!! Meanwhile, my DSis called and said they were at MK too! We planned to meet up later in the day since they had just arrived and we had been there for awhile already! DDs are going to be so excited to see their cousin!

We headed over to see Mickey's house. DD2 thought it was the funniest thing ever! LOL After waiting in line (about 20min), it was our turn to see Mickey & Minnie!!! DDs were so excited!! We got some of the cutest pictures of the girls and the whole family! On our way out of Mickey's, we got lucky and there were about 6 characters hanging out in the Teardrop!!!! No lines, so we just walked right up to Dopey, Marie, Stitch, Max, Meeko, & Friar Tuck!! That's the first that we've ever gotten lucky to meet the characters at this location!

On our way out of Toontown, we ran into DSis, DBIL, & DNephew. The kids were so excited to see everyone! After talking for a little while, we decided to split up again and then meet up for the parade and fireworks later in the day. Now it was off to Frontierland. We had finally talked DD4 into riding Big Thunder!! I was so excited, but at the same time sad, because my Dad would have loved to ride this with her! It's one of his favorites! After much coercing, we get on the ride and she LOVES IT!!! She screamed and laughed the whole time and had her hands in the air!! Go figure! LOL She rode it twice!!

After walking around for awhile and letting DD2 sleep. We decided to head over to see Dream Along with Mickey again! LOL It was getting close to parade time at this point, so we got a spot near the castle. DH went to Casey's for dinner, which the girls loved! DSis and her family joined us after their ADR at Tony's. It was great watching the parade with the 3 kids! They had a ball! Waving and smiling!! It doesn't get much better than that!

Since today was their travel day, DSis and her family decided to call it a day and headed back over to CBR. We stayed for Wishes and weren't disappointed as usual! Since the park was closed after Wishes, it was a madhouse trying to get out of the park. We did some pin shopping on our way out, which helped let things thin out a little.

Only to reach the launch for WL and have to wait about 30 min for the boat. But it gets better. After waiting this entire time, DD4 decides she needs a bathroom break! :blush: Unfortunately, our boat was on it's way to the dock. So, not wanting to have an accident DD4 & I head to the bathroom. Just as we reached the launch, the boat was pulling out!! :( So sad! We waved to DH & DD2 and waited for the next one. The crazy thing was that there was no one else left there with us, minus a few CMs. LOL After waiting about 15 min, the last boat for the night came, we got on and had the whole boat to ourselves!! DD4 thought that was great!

Once we're back at WL, we stand on the dock and watch the electrical water pagent for a few minutes and then head up to the room. DH has already bathed DD2 and has her ready for bed! Gotta love that!!!:mickey: After getting DD4 ready, it's off to dreamland for everyone!

Next up: DHS and dinner with friends at DTD!

dtootsie42
11-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Sounds like a fun day! Glad that your daughter rode Big Thunder and it was a terrific time for her.:mickey:

faline
11-09-2008, 03:54 PM
What a busy, busy day! Family going, family coming and your daughter getting daring! Very fun!

January-2007
11-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Thank you so much for reporting! :mickey:

yjgirl32
11-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Sounds like another great day- minus the grandparents going home. Thanks for sharing.

Mackflava99
11-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Nice report-
I liked the story about the last boat back to WL-

I do enjoy those rare opportunities when you get to ride the boats by yourself!!

DizNee143
11-10-2008, 10:09 AM
aww..little bit of a sad day with the grandparents leaving..but seems the rest of the day was nice at the MK!! :mickey:

Ropachs
11-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks for sharing, what a great, busy day!

laward32
11-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Another great day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Oh those bathroom breaks! They never seem to come at a good time! Sounds like another wonderful day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a good day at MK

pdrlkr
11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: