PDA

View Full Version : What are your fav places to eat breakfast, lunch & dinner?

Tbelle1976
11-09-2008, 07:29 AM
This will be our first time going to WDW that will be doing the dining plan, let alone most (it not all) of our meals being TS.

We usually just eat something very quick for breakfast, grab CS somewhere for lunch (although we do have our fav CS like Flame Tree, etc...), and we have been known to do a TS for dinner every once in awhile (we have done CP, 1900 PF, & LTT). I do value the opinions of everyone on Intercot and would love to hear your absolute favs for these meals, whether it be for the food alone or the great service as well.

#1donaldfan
11-09-2008, 08:11 AM
The best breakfast of any Disney eatery is Boatwrights at POR Riverside......so if you happen to be staying there, it's just one more perk POR offers

......lunch, I'll have to say we normally do CS meals, as we're "on the run".....

...dinner ....... uhmmmm....I'd say Fulton's...:mickey:

henry.james.s
11-09-2008, 09:07 AM
If I recall correctly you're on the Deluxe DDP so you know how to work it to get the most value and not stuff youeself.
My Method...1TS for B'Fast/Lunch 2TS for Sig Dinner/Dinner Show.

Anyway...faves are:

Breakfast:
Boma @ AKL
Spoodles @ Boardwalk
Captain's Grille @ Yacht Club

Lunch:
Teppan Edo @ Epcot
Big River Grille & Brewing Works @ Boardwalk
Wolfgang Puck Cafe @ DTD Westside

Dinner:
California Grill @ Contempoary Resort
Flying Fish @ Boardwalk
Narcoosees @ Grand Floridian

jpH/keD
11-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Lunch or dinner: LeCellier, LeCellier, LeCellier!:thumbsup:

beksy
11-09-2008, 10:45 AM
I really like Kona. I've heard great things about breakfast but I've only had dinner. The desserts are wonderful!

wdw_bound
11-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I agree with PP - we just got back and used the DxDDP. Here's what we did:

WCC Lunch - unfortunately, this one has now slipped from the must-do list. Food was good, but for the second time, we've had a dud server.

HDDR - show was great, DH and the kids loved it! Food was not the best, but not bad. Service was great.

Tusker House Breakfast - Our new favorite breakfast. We had a pre-park opening ADR, and it was wonderful - finished eating in plenty of time to take in the park. Wonderful, very tasty food selection - typical and more ethnic options. I'm still craving the Bobotie. Character interaction was also terrific.

CRT dinner - outstanding. What more can I say - it was a dream come true. Food and service were wonderful!

PSB - another former favorite has been knocked off the must-do list. Food was good, but service was sloooooooooooowwww, and portions were small (we got 4 sausages for a family of four, asked for seconds and got 2). Also, now that the cinnamon rolls are on the buffet, they are no where near as good as when they brought them hot and gooey to the table.

Brown Derby - wow. Service was impeccable, food was out of this world, the place even had ambiance!. What a way to finish a day in the park!

Supercalifragilistic (1900 Park Faire). Yuck. The strawberry soup was good, but the service was lacking, and the character interaction was not great (it took 90+ minutes for them to get to our table). Worst of all, though was the food safety issues they had going on that morning. I got a piece of ham from the carving station. The outside was warm (from the heat lamps), but the rest of the slice was refrigerator cold. I let them know (politely), and witnessed them pull several other items as well. I'm sure this was a one time thing, but getting :sick: at WDW is not something I'm willing to risk - we won't be going back.

Garden Grille - another new favorite for our family. Food, service and character interaction were top notch.

CP breakfast - food is good, but for the first time, our service was not great.

Luau - neat show, great service, very good food. Not necessarily something I'd do every trip, but worth the experience, and the 2TS.

Biergarten - a real winner, especially if you can time it to see the musicians. The food is great if you like German food, and pretty good if you only want American stuff. Desserts are a bit lacking for little ones, though.

On the DXDDP, you also get 2 snacks/person/day. We used up a lot of ours on treats that will travel - I've got two containers full of Mickey Rice Crispy treats.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

Ropachs
11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Our favorites were-
dinner at Ohana
dinner at Garden Grill
lunch at Le Cellier (couldn't get in for dinner)

-that was on our most recent trip a couple weeks ago...in the past we've really liked Boatwright's, Biergarten, and Chef Mickey's. CM for the fun factor, food was average there.

DakotaDisney
11-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Breakfast: Bomas at AKL, also a great opportunity to check out the resort

Lunch or Supper: 50's Primetime Cafe, Tuskerhouse Buffet, Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge (also a fun place to check out),

Supper: Bomas at AKL (great African food)

iheartdisney
11-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Breakfast: Kona Cafe

Lunch: CS restaurants at Disney are all pretty much the same in our family's opinion.

Dinner: Biergarten, Le Cellier, Brown Derby, Yak & Yeti, Boma, Artist Point, Yachtsman Steakhouse

Happy planning!

Disneyfan1971
11-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Well it's been a long time since I've been to WDW but I really liked Cinderella's Castle---and Pecos Bill (will be closed for refurb when we're there in January), Teppan Edo (In Japan) is AWESOME!!!

Natazu
11-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Breakfast:
Olivia's
Grand Floridian Cafe
Kona Cafe
Boatwright's

Lunch:
Le Cellier
Marrakesh
Garden Grill
Grand Floridian Cafe