PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan question

mycutiepatooties
11-09-2008, 12:39 AM
We're going to be staying 8 nights at POP Century and we have the dining plan. Can you still use the dining plan on the day of check-out all day if you have credits left?

How strick are they about making kids eat off the children's menu at CS places? I know my 8 yr. old daughter will get tired of the same old choices after a few days. The selection for kids menus at CS is really lacking imo.

Thanks!

tadshome
11-09-2008, 05:53 AM
You can still use your credits up until midnight of the day that you check out. From what I can remember Disney are quite strict on cildern ordering from the childs menu. There are a few CS that do not have childrens menus (planet pizza is one that I can remember) so maybe you could schedule a few of those :mickey:

Tbelle1976
11-09-2008, 07:17 AM
I was thinking the same thing about the childrens menus. Even a child can only eat so much chicken fingers and pb&j. Although we have made ADR's for more buffets than I think we normally would have because of this very same thing. At least the kids will be able to choose what they would like to eat.

ElenitaB
11-09-2008, 12:27 PM
While there is a lot of repetition on the kid's menus at the CS locations, there are some places that do serve something a bit different. Make sure to check out the menus on InfoCentral (e.g., at AK, there are different offerings at Yak & Yeti vs. Pizzafari). Good luck!

HoosierDisneyFan
11-09-2008, 12:54 PM
My son when he was that young would "only" eat the chicken fingers.

hardingella
11-09-2008, 02:04 PM
My DD9 at the time could only stomach so much mac & cheese and chicken strips, so what we did:secret:My DH would go up and buy his meal for himself and DS6, who would only eat burger or strips anyway. Then i would go up and get 2 adult meals, from what i remember CS meals are not divided into kids and adults,just as one total so they dont know how many of each you have used, that seemed to work for us. We never once got questioned who the meal was for.
I know its wrong but thats the only thing I've got against the DP, I wish that all the food choices were avaliable in mini sizes for kids.

SCbelle
11-09-2008, 02:29 PM
The kids menu issue was one of the main reasons we decided to drop the DDP altogether. It saved us about $600 for a 5 night stay, only 3 of those being in the parks themselves. Both my DD and her cousin are great eaters so we can just share meals with them. I cannot imagine us eating $600 worth of food in 3 Days! We just paid upfront for our CRT and SOA meals, and made ressies for Boma and Coral reef as well.:mickey:

mycutiepatooties
11-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks so much everyone!