PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations

ToDisney
11-08-2008, 02:29 PM
I am not sure if I should post this here or in Vac Planning.
I would like to know what everyone likes about their favorite Resorts Christmas decorations. I know the Grand Floridan has the Ginger Bread House. And the Animal Kingdom Lodge has an African Village.
We are taking our 1st afternoon to tour the Resorts to see them dressed up for the season. I'd like your opinions on which ones have the best things to see. I love Christmas trees, but there are other things at Disney Resorts that can narrow down the list if time gets short before dinner.
So what do ya think??
:mickey:

Disneyfun
11-08-2008, 07:42 PM
My absolute favorite is the Wilderness Lodge, and I think you might like it as well! Their Christmas tree is so HUGE! The ornaments are really nice and subtle, not garish.
The resorts on the Boadwalk loop are also really nice as well! I can never remember if it is the Yacht or the Beach resort that has the carousel that is made out of chocolate!
You really can't go wrong with hitting any of the Deluxe resorts to look at Christmas decorations.

ToDisney
11-08-2008, 10:57 PM
A chocolate carousel?! How cool! The girls will LOVE that! Thanks! We will definitely see that one. A boat ride to the Wilderness Lodge sounds great too. And the list goes on. Thanks for the ideas!!
:santa:

jpH/keD
11-09-2008, 08:53 AM
I can't remember which resort it is either but one has a model train that runs through a tiny Christmas village and I too am a Wilderness Lodge fan!! I love all Christmas at Disney! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-11-2008, 12:27 PM
We're going to squeeze in a couple of resort tours too...we're going to do Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian and to we'll be eating at Boma and Polynesian so we get to see theirs too

Poohmomnks
11-11-2008, 03:06 PM
We fly in late on Dec 11 and will have the 12-15th in the parks. This is an adult only trip with 2 other couples, and it sounds like we need to take some time to see some of the resorts. We are staying at CBR. We went once during december 12 years ago, but didn't see any resorts. Any other recommendations? 30 days and counting!!:mickey:

mickeefan
11-11-2008, 03:57 PM
The first thing I want to see, which I did not see last year, is the way the castle is lit up.
I have seen pictures and can't imagine how specular it must be in real life.

elmjimmlm
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
The first thing I want to see, which I did not see last year, is the way the castle is lit up.

This is one of the main things that I want to see too...I am hoping that they will do it NYE when we are there...:party:

tigger24601
11-12-2008, 11:07 AM

This is one of the main things that I want to see too...I am hoping that they will do it NYE when we are there...:party:

i was at the kingdom last year and had seen pictures and video of the castle all lit up before we went. they did it no justice whatsoever. i could not believe how much more breathtaking it was in person. a definite must see!!!!

LauraleeH
11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
I have pictures of the carousel at the Beach Club from last year. Feel free to send a message if you'd like to see it.

jnfr2424
11-20-2008, 04:10 PM
One of my favorite resorts at the Holidays is GF. Their Christmas tree is amazing and take a trip out side they have a sleigh great for picture taking and I love the lighted deers in the field of poinsettas OOH I can't wait!

artyboy
11-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Boardwalk is also quite gorgeous!

32 days to go!

slegrant
11-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Big fans of the Wilderness Lodge, but you might try Fort Wilderness in the evening. Not only is the resort decorated but as you walk through all the loops everyone decorates their campsites. My parents always are at Fort Wilderness Dec.1st through January 4th and they always have a great set up. They built a small cabin and have several animated Disney characters inside the cabin and out. Plus you can do the hay ride and they take you through a few loops as well to see the decorations.:mickey:

lilolvr
11-21-2008, 07:25 AM
CSR decorates very well for a mod.

pox24
11-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Here's what we do. Each year we stay at one of the big three. Its only a Thursday-Sunday trip in which we dedicate one day to visit all the deluxe hotels for only the decorations. This year were're at the Poly. We plan to Monorail to the GF and the CR. From the CR we boat to the WL. Back from the Poly we rail over to Epcot, grab lunch and take the boat from the International Gateway to the BW and visit there then on to the YC, BC, Swan and Dolphin. It takes a full after walking and shopping at each location. We have found the WL and the GF are our favorites. This year we are going Dec 4-7. Probably hotel hop on Sat. It will be too busy at the MK. The parade will be filmed FRi and Sat. We made that mistake last year and it was total madness. Thats how we do Christmas at the world.:thumbsup:

CU Tiger
11-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Last year was our first year at DW during Christmas time and we made a point of hitting as many resorts as we could. WL is our favorite, :number1:but each one has something unique. It is hard to pick just one resort or one items that stands out.:mickey: