PDA

View Full Version : Warning for early bookers of new promo

MickeysEars
11-08-2008, 12:38 PM
When we first tried to apply the promo code it did not give us a discount. Here is why...when the booking agents at Disney were first told how to book the packages they were told to book tickets according to how many days TOTAL the guests would need. Example: the 7 day package equates to buying a 4 day ticket and getting 3 free, HOWEVER, the agents were putting in a 7 day ticket...what does this mean?...you would actually end up with 10 days worth of tickets. This happened the first 5...that's right, 5 times, they tried to get me a discount. it was only taking off about $200 for a 14 day trip. I should have had "6" nights free paying for 8. They finally figured out that the agents were told the WRONG way to put in park ticket days. It was finally figured out at about 2pm yesturday for me. I ended up with $600 in discounts for both us and my parents. That is a total of $1200 as opposed to $400.

Just want to let you know...

Strmchsr
11-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up. And here's just one more reason I always book with Magical Journeys. :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
11-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah, the same thing was happening to me. Instead I just thanked the CM, told them I'd have to think about it, and then I booked it online. I tried to tell her she was doing it wrong, but she insisted that's how it worked. When I finally got her to take off the 10 day tickets she said I had to have at least 8 day tickets since I was staying for 8 days/7 nights. That's when I decided I'd just book it online myself. It seems they should be better trained than this.

Tbelle1976
11-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up. And here's just one more reason I always book with Magical Journeys. :thumbsup:

Ditto! Denise with MJ has been amazing for us with this new promo. Just a few emails and everything is taken care of!

Disney Doll
11-11-2008, 01:02 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking.

honeebee86
11-13-2008, 08:47 PM
I have given up on their call center. I have had too many things go wrong, even after repeating the spelling of names about 5 times they still spelled the so incorrectly it was insulting on the plane tickets we purchased. Lucky we caught that before we attempted to check in the airport!

mouseketeer mom
11-14-2008, 06:46 AM
AAh! I didn't even check this on my new reservation. I did book it online so hopefully it is correct! Thanks for the heads up.