PDA

View Full Version : Tickets on the Room Key

princessesmom
11-08-2008, 10:11 AM
We just converted our February room only reservation to a package to take advantage of the promotion just announced. We already have tickets for the trip, but had to buy 1 day base tickets in order to get the promotion. Even with paying for the tickets we still saved several hundreds of dollars on the trip, so it was worth it. My question is about these 1 day tickets. My confirmation says they will be on our keys. We don't want to use these tickets at this time. We have non-expiring tickets from a prior trip we want to use. Can I have these put onto our room key and have the 1 day tickets taken off of the key? I'm going to put those away for a future trip. I'm a little confused about how this would work. The bottom line is that I would like to have our room key, dining plan, and the other tickets all on one card. And have the 1 day tickets put on separate cards that we will not use. thanks for your help!

MauiMouse
11-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I have a couple of these from years gone by (one day one park tickets). You will keep that one day base ticket on your room card, you just use your other tickets for entrance into the parks, as long as you don't use your current key card when you enter the parks you will be fine. That one day base ticket will be okay for when you want to use them later down the road.

They won't be able to take that one day off the current room key. You are going to have to juggle the various cards unfortunately. It's not that bad, just remember which one you are using when you enter the parks, then put it away until next time.

You can also go up to the concierge and ask them to give you a print out so that you can have that hard copy for later use.

Hope that helps.

CleveRocks
11-08-2008, 08:53 PM
You have to find the right cast member, but they absolutely can strip that 1-day ticket off of your KTTW card, and then code your "old" tickets right onto that same KTTW card.

Word of advice ...

Do this when you are checking in, and make sure you explain the situation ahead of time, and ask the CM to find someone who can do it if he/she is unsure. The reason I'm saying do this at check-in and mention it first-thing is that we've read of problems with Dining Plan credits when tickets/KTTW cards are monkeyed with. Hopefully, you'll find someone who can take care of the ticket situation before the DDP is coded onto your cards.

princessesmom
11-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks so much for the replies. I'm hoping we get someone knowledgeable at check-in. It will be much easier if we can get the tickets swapped and have everything we need on one card.