PDA

View Full Version : Question - Dream Fast Passes

DisneyFr33k
11-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Many times my DH, DD and DS divide up and tackle different rides upon a park opening. Does the Dream Team only award DFP's to those present or the whole family? We've obviously never received one, but curious for furture trips if 2 of us were present if our whole family could get the DFP's.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-08-2008, 07:20 AM
On our last trip, DH won a dream fastpass on the ToT and most of the people on the ride asked for additional passes. But, by the time they got to DH, they didn't have any extra left, so he just got the one. :(

DisneyFr33k
11-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks. What a bummer if you win just one but your are with a larger group!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Yep, for us we just kept it for the scrapbook.

wifey5794
11-08-2008, 09:16 AM
On our last trip we recieved dream fast passes on the Star Tours ride. My DH opted out of the 3rd ride and we were all awarded the fast passes. I NEVER would have even thought to ask for another. So we shared. My DS will never do ToT so we shared that one etc...

It wasn;t realloy that big of a deal for us!

WDWFanatic
11-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Will this promotion be ending with the end of the year or do you think they will continue it in 2009?

DisneyFr33k
11-08-2008, 02:38 PM
They handed these out in 2007 as well. We remember them during our trip then too.

I hope they never stop!!

Polynesian Dweller
11-08-2008, 06:54 PM
They handed these out in 2007 as well. We remember them during our trip then too.

I hope they never stop!!

2007 and 2008 were both 'Year of a Million Dreams' promotion years. Originally it was supposed to be just 2007 but then was carried over to 2008.

CMs probably have a better idea, but since the dreampasses were part of that promotion I'd think they'd probably stop at the end of promotion which is the end of December 2008.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-10-2008, 09:03 AM
I believe all of the prizes will be ending, and if they do, then they are special, rare instances.

Although, in a slightly related, but not topic - I have seen a HUGE increase in VIP tour guides. Ever since that Disney Splurge show on TLC, they have been everywhere. I think I passed like 10 of them yesterday at DAK. It's related because they get front of line access to all rides.

tinklover
11-10-2008, 12:26 PM
I believe all of the prizes will be ending, and if they do, then they are special, rare instances.

Although, in a slightly related, but not topic - I have seen a HUGE increase in VIP tour guides. Ever since that Disney Splurge show on TLC, they have been everywhere. I think I passed like 10 of them yesterday at DAK. It's related because they get front of line access to all rides.

On the show it stated that your VIP guide could not get you front of the line access. He/she can be a runner for fast passes for your family though. So have they changed that up now and for the price you get front of the line access?

indytraveler
11-10-2008, 01:44 PM
We had part of our group 5 of 6 for our DFP handouts. I was able to remember at the end when I realized not all 6 were present. They didn't have a problem handing out once I explained. All of the fastpasses were distributed at that time.

SurferStitch
11-10-2008, 01:59 PM
On the show it stated that your VIP guide could not get you front of the line access. He/she can be a runner for fast passes for your family though. So have they changed that up now and for the price you get front of the line access?

We also saw a bunch of VIP guides last month. We didn't see any of them giving anyone front of the line access, but we did see them getting FP's for the entire party. They also checked the families in for meals, too.

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-11-2008, 04:05 AM
I should probably already know this but i dont. Are the Dream team folks only at MK or are they at all 4 parks?

DisneyFr33k
11-11-2008, 08:20 AM
I should probably already know this but i dont. Are the Dream team folks only at MK or are they at all 4 parks?

I've seen people with the DFP's in all the parks, so I assume there is a dream team all all the parks.

chrispooh1963
11-11-2008, 12:41 PM
We were fortunate to receive Fast Passes from a member of the Dream Team on October 25th at AK. My DH, our niece and I were talking - they were trying to convince me to go on Expedition Everest - my DH was promising me it did not do any loops and that if it did do loops he had to live with me for the rest of his life. Well a member of the Dream Team heard this conversation. And he promised me that there we no loops. He asked where we were headed and he went with us to EE. And he rode it with us. We had a nice talk and found out he is from MA which is where we are originally from - and he was from the town next to our home town. After EE he walked with us to the Safari and the same - he was our Fast Pass. After the Safari he gave us a Fast pPass to Dinosaur and checked off ice cream treat (his shift was over so he could not go with us).

We were delighted to have met Mike and he truly exemplifies a Disney Employee.

LoriR
11-11-2008, 10:41 PM
VIP guides do not get you front of the line access. They can get your fast passes for whatever attractions you want to ride, for your party. I believe the limit for a VIP tour is 10 people. They also get you preferred seating and viewing for parades and other shows.

Dyanna
11-18-2008, 01:52 PM
We just returned Saturday & we received Dream Fast Passes during our entry into the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure upon opening of the attraction. It was my 2 DD's & my 1 year old. The even gave my 1 year old a pass which was good since DH did not go in with us so he was able to use it.

love2teach
11-26-2008, 10:47 PM
My husband and I received dream fastpasses after riding Expedition Everest and they were giving fastpasses to family members that had not been on the ride. The dream team said that they would give fastpasses to other family members if they were in the same park-my family was still at the hotel though (late sleepers)!:sleepin:

AdventurerKim
11-30-2008, 09:16 PM
We got dream fast passes coming off of Toy Story Mania Friday. We used two fast passes and will keep the others as souvenirs. :mickey: