PDA

View Full Version : Value Resorts

Disneyfan1971
11-08-2008, 01:21 AM
So i'm over at the Disney site and looking to stay at All Star Movies, Music and Sports--it's completely booked--can't imagine why when i've been told that January is a good time to go..unless it's got something to do with MLK weekend?!!??!!

Now what's interesting is that if we go on Monday, Jan. 19th we're saving $300.00 staying at All Star Sports.

Is it me or is the movies more popular? It's a shame because I REALLY want to stay there...however I want to stay at a Value priced resort--and want to have three meals a day b/c we want breakfast too!! It's complicated :)

DisneyFr33k
11-08-2008, 07:06 AM
We've stayed at the Music and Movies for 3 trips in the past (2 at ASMo). Yes, our AAA rep says due to all the movie characters the Movies is more popular. But the actual rooms are no different. We found the pool at the Music better though.

Have you considered Pop Century? We just returned from there and found we preferred it much more than the AS Resort.

Good luck with your planning and I hope you have fun on your trip!!! :mickey3:

Tbelle1976
11-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Yes, I've also stayed at Movies and prefer it over Music and Sports as well. However, in Feb we are stayed for a week at Pop Century. I actually chose this one because of all the great things I've heard about it. The bus schedule alone is enough to make me want to try it.

Disneyfan1971
11-08-2008, 01:24 PM
How do you find the bus schedules for the resorts?

Goofy4TheWorld
11-08-2008, 11:06 PM
How do you find the bus schedules for the resorts?

There are not any set bus schedules. What was probably meant was that Pop has dedicated buses that serves only the Pop resort, while all 3 All Star resorts almost always share a bus with each other.

Staying at Movies will mean you will be last to be picked up, and last to be dropped off.

Disneyfan1971
11-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks....We're probably going to stay at Pop Century. Anyone want to loan us $200.00 so we can make a deposit :) Just kidding...Seriously though, once we have the money, we'll pay for the trip in full.

After looking at PC..I think I'd like it better because it's got the 70 and 80's themes!!

DisneyFr33k
11-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Plus, we've found it is cleaner and the buses are a HUGE plus. :bus: The AS resorts stop at each along the way - first with Sports, then Music and then Movies. Many times staying at Movies a bus would pull up already full. At Pop, the buses pull up empty each and every time and there is direct service to and from Pop and the parks.

I guess this will change once the other side opens? Any guesses?

hardingella
11-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Done AS resort and: POP and we can honestly say we much prefer POP, found it cleaner and bus service sooo much better.:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
11-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Now that they've refurbished the All Stars, room cleanliness is almost a negligible issue. In August I spent a night at an All Star and a night at Pop and Pop's room was less appealing.

tinklover
11-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I didn;t think they were going to finish the other side of pop? to the OP they are full in january due to pop warner football and cheer competitions. We stayed at pop in june and it was awesome. rooms were clean staff was very freindly and helpful. never had issues with busses, except the one driver who forgot where he was going and took us to MK instead of DHS.

FenwayGirl
11-11-2008, 01:21 PM
The value resorts are probably full due to the National Dance and Cheer competitions. Also they have a week of school music competitions. We ran into this last January. Not too bad, except for one incident we had with extremely drunk college cheer leaders on MLK day

thrillme
11-11-2008, 05:43 PM
I threw in the towel after this past October trip.

It seems like Disney is PACKED year round now.

I say go when it's best for you. I've heard Pop Warner week isn't so bad because even though the hotels are full of noisy cheerleaders they're not all in the parks.

I guess my "dream" would be to have the parks "practically" to myself with just enough people to chat with.