PDA

View Full Version : Lost - Season 5

Melanie
11-07-2008, 11:05 PM
E! Online

Lost Gets a Premiere Date!

Los Angeles – Our prayers have been answered! ABC has just confirmed to me that Lost has received an official premiere date for season five, and even better, it's a smidgen earlier than expected.

On Wednesday, Jan. 21, Lost returns with a three-hour (you heard me, three-hour!) premiere. "Because You Left" and "The Lie" will air back-to-back, following a recap of the first four seasons (for the very few people who aren't already addicted and/or obsessed).

So what does this mean for ABC's Wednesday-night lineup?

After the Lost extravaganza premiere, the series will continue on Wednesday nights at 9. Reps at ABC have told me that a decision on new time slots for Private Practice and possibly Pushing Daisies (pleeease?) will be announced next week.

Episodes three through six are as follows: "Jughead," "The Little Prince," "The Place Is Death" and "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham."

This news comes on the heels of the casting scoop from earlier today about the part of a Lost man's lover.

By chance, anyone excited to find out where the Island went?

baby minnie's mommy
11-08-2008, 11:37 AM
That's great news! I'm glad they bumped up the date.
:number1:

PirateLover
11-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Holy moly! 3 hour premiere... wow.
Can't wait!

tracibell
11-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I am very excited! Thank you for the update. :thumbsup:

There is always so much to remember and keep up with so I like it when they do the season recaps to refresh your memory. :)

chrisb26
11-09-2008, 10:27 PM
I can't wait for Lost to come back! I saw a couple previews for it already and it looks awesome! Too bad we have to wait until the middle of January but at least it's not too far away.

Diznee4Me
11-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Glad we have a date to put on the calendar. Thanks for the info!

jrkcr
11-10-2008, 12:03 PM
WOW! Thats great news!! Thanks for letting us know about it....
:pizza::popcorn::tv:

DisneyLandMomma
11-10-2008, 12:49 PM
awesome...can't wait :thumbsup:

2Epcot
01-21-2009, 02:10 PM
I can't wait for tonights episode ... The show has been off too long.

Tink1
01-21-2009, 02:30 PM
already warned the husband, *I* get the 42 inch TV tonight!

Usually I watch TV in my office on a 13" TV, but not for LOST!

nanc

goofy89
01-21-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm really excited for tonight! :party:
I've been looking forward to this for awhile!

DisneyLandMomma
01-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Last weeks rerun of the season finale got me soo excited for tonight. I was thinking we would DVR it and watch tomorrow so we could get through the commercials and it wouldn't be such a late night for myhubby. But DH doesn't trust that I would wait until tomorrow night and that I would watch while he is at work.:blush: He's probably right but can you blame me....LOL So we will be watching(and recording) tonight....can't wait!

PirateLover
01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Ok WOW what a season opener. They really threw a lot out there but still opening up new lines of questioning as always. It wouldn't be Lost if I wasn't confused. When all this is said and done I hope someone writes a comprehensive book to explain it all!

Beast_fanatic
01-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I thought it was a good opener too although I found the "flashing" somewhat annoying and I hope it doesn't continue too long.

2Epcot
01-22-2009, 09:55 PM
I also enjoyed the season opener. The producers and writers certainly know how to keep the show interesting. The time travel thing gave me a lot of questions, but it seems every tv show and movie have their own rules about time travel.

MNNHFLTX
01-23-2009, 03:32 PM
I enjoyed the season opener too--some questions answered and more questions posed, of course! The one part of the story I'm finding weak so far is the island constantly moving back and forth in the time continuum. It just seems like there's a lot of potential for inconsistency. For example, they lose their camp at the beach when they move back in time, but for some reason they hold onto the boat? Yes, I know they said that it must be because they had it with them when the island moved, but they weren't physically in contact with the boat when the second flash happened, any more than they were with the stuff on the beach.

I'm waiting to hear how "Jacob" and his cabin fit into the storyline.

magicofdisney
01-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Why does this show captivate me so?

I first started watching Lost last May through Netflix. By August I was all caught up (thanks to a weekend marathon watching season 4). I've never been this much into a show. It's crazy. I just don't want it to end. I know it can't go on forever, but it's so intriguing.

I don't think Locke is dead. I think he's taken some drug that makes him appear dead. I can't figure out who wants to reveal the truth about "Kate's" son, Aaron. For some reason I'm thinking Jin may not be dead either. During that recap show, the writer's made a comment that gave me that notion. Ben is as mysterious as ever. I'm beginning to think Richard can time travel at will and that's why he doesn't age.

DisneyLandMomma
01-23-2009, 08:03 PM
I think Locke is dead because he left the island but once he gets back, he will probably come back to life.

OMGosh...I'm just so excited for the new season. I didn't want last weeks episode to end. :)

magicofdisney
01-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Something just occurred to me. I mentioned that I thought Richard could time travel at will. But if that were true, then most likely he wouldn't encounter Locke at some point and not know him, like he said would happen when he was tending to Locke's GSW (too much ER taught me that term :)).

Mufasa
01-28-2009, 03:27 PM
I had a chance to attend an early screening of tonight's episode and you won't be disappointed- IMHO it is one of the best episodes of the entire series and I'm sure there will be quite a bit to discuss.

It's satisfying that there will be a number of answers to some pressing mysteries which really get at the heart of clearing up a lot of the questions surrounding "why" and the motivation for some key characters and also throwing in some new elements which were shocking.

As for my thoughts on the season premiere- it set up some of the ground rules for time travel- I thought the skipping record metaphor was interesting because you can look at it from 2 ways.

On the one hand, with Pierre Chang the way the record was skipping is what it was caught in a repeating loop.

However, the way that Farraday alluded to with a skipping record was that a needle could be randomly skipping between different points on a record so which is it?

I have some more theories I've been thinking about and will be watching tonight to dig into the episode and really flesh some things out but I'll be curious to see if anyone here reaches the same thought after tonight's episode.

Lacy
01-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Wow, I'm amazed at the lack of LOST discussion this season. I thought this week's episode was great! I always enjoy Desmond-centric episodes and the young Widmore reveal was awesome. But it still seems like every answer just brings more questions. Like was Penny conceived on the island and that is why he left or is he somehow banished from the island like Ben. Who is Penny's mother? And I like all the Faraday/time travel stuff as well.

PirateLover
02-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Honestly I am definitely watching but I dunno what it is I just don't feel as up to posting about my fave shows lately! This week honestly really confused me a lot. But I totally jumped out of my seat when we found out the young man was Charles Widmore. Does anyone else think the creepy old lady could be Daniel's mom? I also heard a theory that his mom may have been the blond lady from the island who took him to the bomb.

DisneyLandMomma
02-03-2009, 12:59 PM
So I watched last weeks episode again and I'm starting to get confused. :huh: LOL

Is the bomb Faraday told them to bury, what gives the island energy, maybe?

I also think Faraday's mom is the old lady who sold Desmond the ring and told Charlie he was gonna die.

Oh and I LOVED how Desmond named his son Charlie!! :cry:

Jenemmy
02-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Honestly I am definitely watching but I dunno what it is I just don't feel as up to posting about my fave shows lately! This week honestly really confused me a lot. But I totally jumped out of my seat when we found out the young man was Charles Widmore. Does anyone else think the creepy old lady could be Daniel's mom? I also heard a theory that his mom may have been the blond lady from the island who took him to the bomb.

Right -- I heard the theory that the young lady with the rifle -- Ellie -- is Faraday's mom and grows up to be the mysterious Mrs. Hawking. My guess is that Widmore is Faraday's Dad and that is why he funded his research and covered the cost of his "accidents".

If all of that is true, it makes it even more interesting that Mrs. Hawking is now helping Widmore's nemesis Ben out!

I swear, this TV show just takes over my life!

PirateLover
02-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Oh and I LOVED how Desmond named his son Charlie!! :cry:

Me too! But did you also realize that it's Penny's dad's name too? Charles=Charlie.

I hadn't put it together that Daniel's mom could be the blonde who later becomes creepy old lady. I was thinking of it as an either/or situation. That sounds interesting, though.

magicofdisney
02-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Anything time travel always grabs my attention.

It's interesting that Locke sent Richard to him as a child.

Ana Lucia told Hurley to NOT get arrested and then he runs to the police. I realize he was doing the opposite of what Ben said like Sayid told him to do, but he goofed on that one.

I went back and re-watched the show. I realized that Faraday never gave the others his name even after Richard told him his. I'm sure that was done for a reason. Plus, he kept staring at Ellie and told her she reminded him of someone he once knew.

Last season, Miles said something about Charlotte returning to the island and she acted like she didn't know what he was talking about.

But did you also realize that it's Penny's dad's name too? Charles=Charlie.
That little bit of irony wasn't Lost on me. ;)

magicofdisney
02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I have questions. Whatever happens with Walt? The Others kidnapped him because he was supposedly special, but that story line was never fully developed. :confused:

And what is to become of this warning that Claire was the only one to raise Aaron?

MNNHFLTX
02-04-2009, 01:11 PM
I have questions. Whatever happens with Walt? The Others kidnapped him because he was supposedly special, but that story line was never fully developed. :confused:

Well, at this point (with the time travel theory) they could bring Walt back as a young man and it would all fit very well into the storyline. I do think we're going to see his character again.

Beast_fanatic
02-04-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't understand why Walt doesn't need to return to the island to restore the balance - why just the O6 needs to do so. And, I haven't given up on Jin yet either, so I would think he would also need to return.

NotaGeek
02-05-2009, 11:42 PM
:ack:

This show has 1 more week to get back to 1 story line or it will be stricken from my TiVo forever.

NJDad
02-06-2009, 05:47 AM
:ack:

This show has 1 more week to get back to 1 story line or it will be stricken from my TiVo forever.

Has Lost ever been about 1 story line? Even when the original crash group was together, in what, season 1?, there were flashbacks to other stories.

magicofdisney
02-06-2009, 09:21 AM
There's always been more than one storyline and ultimately they come together.

I was so excited to see Jin.

Why did the stolen boat they were using to get to the other side of the island, not disappear? I just knew they'd be floating in the water when the light flashed.

I thought Ben couldn't go back to the island because he moved it?

MNNHFLTX
02-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Why did the stolen boat they were using to get to the other side of the island, not disappear? I just knew they'd be floating in the water when the light flashed.They said in a previous show that (apparently) anything they are using when the light flashes goes with them.

I thought Ben couldn't go back to the island because he moved it?That's got to be the challenge right now, I would think. How to get everyone back there and if they do, does that somehow alter the constant shifting of the island in the time/space continuum?

NotaGeek
02-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Has Lost ever been about 1 story line? Even when the original crash group was together, in what, season 1?, there were flashbacks to other stories.
Ok, let me clarify:

I am not enjoying this season's story line with the flashing back and forth in time. In fact maybe I should have just said, the show has 1 more week to hook me back in, or it's kaput.

2Epcot
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
I was so excited to see Jin.

I thought Ben couldn't go back to the island because he moved it?

Once the time travel was introduced I thought we would see Jin again. As far as Ben getting back to the island ... If anyone knows how to get back, it should be him, since he knew how to hide the island.

magicofdisney
02-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Ok, let me clarify:

I am not enjoying this season's story line with the flashing back and forth in time. In fact maybe I should have just said, the show has 1 more week to hook me back in, or it's kaput.
I think, unfortunately, too many people feel this way partly because they make us wait so long between seasons. I'm not trying to speak for you, but I almost feel like if someone hasn't been pulled in by now, it might not happen at all. Which is too bad, IMO, because I think this is such a fantastic show and I would LOATHE it be cut short because viewership is down.

MNNHFLTX
02-06-2009, 06:22 PM
I think, unfortunately, too many people feel this way partly because they make us wait so long between seasons. That might be true. Personally, I don't mind the long wait between seasons--it's better to see it all through at once than to have it chopped up into 4 or 5-show segments and spread out through the regular season. Plus after watching shows like "24" and "The Amazing Race", I'm kind of used to that building anticipation as the new season draws closer.

elmjimmlm
02-06-2009, 10:03 PM
I recorded it on Wed. and it kept saying something about it being untangled during the show that came on after it...Did it?

2Epcot
02-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Personally, I don't mind the long wait between seasons--it's better to see it all through at once than to have it chopped up into 4 or 5-show segments and spread out through the regular season. Plus after watching shows like "24" and "The Amazing Race", I'm kind of used to that building anticipation as the new season draws closer.

I'm kind of the same. I'm so busy watching other shows, I don't miss Lost so much, but when it comes back, I'm right there watching.

jrkcr
02-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I've always watched LOST, but this season it just seems too random for me. I don't like the time travel idea. Makes my brain hurt to think about it. But I continue to watch, just for Sawyer scenes...:blush:

magicofdisney
02-13-2009, 09:30 AM
I didn't think Charlotte would die so soon.

Do you think Penny and Faraday are siblings?

How come they can get away with only a few going back?

Did it look like the well that Locke was descending was next to the temple that the Smoke Monster was guarding?

I still don't get the whole Jacob thing. Was he always Jacob or did Jacob take on the image of Jack's dad (even though he told Locke to say hi to his son for him)?

Nascfan
02-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Do you think Penny and Faraday are siblings?

Yes, along with Charlotte. We (wife and I) think Widmore is the father to Daniel and Charlotte via different moms that were on the island - Eloise Hawkins for Daniel and Charlotte's unnamed Dharma mom.

How come they can get away with only a few going back?

I'm not sure they will. I think they may need to convince the rest of the 6 to go before they leave.

Did it look like the well that Locke was descending was next to the temple that the Smoke Monster was guarding?

I still don't get the whole Jacob thing. Was he always Jacob or did Jacob take on the image of Jack's dad (even though he told Locke to say hi to his son for him)?

There is a whole lot more than just the Jacob thing I don't get! Haha!

I wasn't sure how to answer and make sense, so I embedded in the quote.

paragon
02-15-2009, 10:07 AM
the island is run by doctor Emmett Brown!, or Gilligan!

Lacy
02-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Well I think tonight's episode just left us with more questions that we had before and didn't really answer anything.

I guess the biggest question I have now is if the island is always moving and they have to use all these equations and the pendulum to find the island, how did the others transport people to the island on the sub????

PirateLover
02-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode, although I admit a lot of things aren't quite making sense in the overall scheme of things.
Loved seeing Frank again, I always liked his character.

What was up with bloody Ben? Notice he was by a marina... do you think he enacted his revenge on Penny as he had promised? And maybe Desmond goes back to the island for revenge on Ben? Remember, Mrs. Hawkings/Farraday whatever her name is, said that the island wasn't done with Desmond yet.

And I totally got chills when Jack asked Ben about the rest of the people on the plane, and Ben replied "Who cares?"

chrisb26
02-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I have been working on catching up to all the episodes shown so far and I am really enjoying the season so far!

What was up with bloody Ben? Notice he was by a marina... do you think he enacted his revenge on Penny as he had promised? And maybe Desmond goes back to the island for revenge on Ben? Remember, Mrs. Hawkings/Farraday whatever her name is, said that the island wasn't done with Desmond yet.

And I totally got chills when Jack asked Ben about the rest of the people on the plane, and Ben replied "Who cares?"

I do think Ben did something to Penny when he told Jack he had to take care of something before he left or keep a promise to an old friend whatever he said it immediately made me think about what he said to Charles Widmore about Penny. My guess is things didn't go as panned.

I also was like wow when Ben said "Who Cares?" to what would happen to the other people on the plane lol.

Kenny1113
02-20-2009, 09:00 AM
I love Ben's character and I think that actor does a great job playing his part. He is sooo creepy and you can't tell when he is lying or what his intentions are or where his loyalties are.

DisneyLandMomma
02-23-2009, 02:53 PM
So does everyone think Kate gave Aaron to his grandma??

And what about Sun and Jin's little girl? How could she just leave her??

Last weeks show ended too soon for us. We were like NO! when it was over. :blush:

magicofdisney
02-23-2009, 07:51 PM
I was also wondering how Sun could leave her little girl.

I couldn't figure out what Kate did with Aaron but it makes the most sense she'd give him to his grandmother. To be honest, I was a little surprised Jack just let it go. I know he knows how much she loves Aaron and that she'd never do anything to harm him, but he was just a little to nonchalant about it.

Ben's reaction to the other passengers on the plane was similar to how he reacted with Locke about the other people on Widmore's boat.

I can't wait to see what's going on this week. These shows always run too quickly for me. I'm interested to see what happens as they interact with the time traveling group that stayed behind. Like, when they ran into Jin, was it Jin in their current time or a time traveling Jin from a previous time? :confused: Or do you think the island stopped skipping through time as soon as they returned?

PirateLover
02-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Tonight's ep.... wow. Just wow. SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!! And geez, Walt looks like he's 18! Even though they denied it, I'm firmly in the camp that thinks they had different plans for him in the beginning and they changed the story line because of his growth spurt.

I need some time to wrap my mind around this... but my big question is, aside from our losties themselves, are there ANY good guys in this whole scenario?

2Epcot
02-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Tonight's ep.... wow. Just wow. SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!! ?

I agree, there was quite a bit in last night's episode. I find it interesting that now there is another plane on the island and more new people learning about the island. I had to go watch the end of the show online because my DVR stopped before the show was over, even though I had it set 5 minute past the ending time.

magicofdisney
02-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I'm not happy with new people on the island. I thought the episode was fantastic. It's interesting that Ben wasn't zapped out of the plane like the others. So, I guess he truly wasn't supposed to return.

I'm not even sure how to comment on everything that was delivered. I'm still trying to absorb it all. For some reason I thought Locke had spent more time trying to convince them to return. Last night made it feel like he was only there for a few days. And for some reason I felt like that chauffeur guy was immortal and yet he was taken out so easily.

Did anyone else feel like Locke was surprised there were people who were hurt in the crash?

Oh...I can't wait for next week.

PirateLover
03-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Well, tonight really advanced the story in typical Lost fashion-learn a lot, develop a lot of new questions. I have a funny feeling I'm not going to be happy with the way this all turns out but we'll see.

I screamed when we got that glimpse of the big towering statue. One of my biggest questions for the past few seasons was WHAT IS WITH THE FOUR TOED STATUE??? Well, now we at least know that it did belong to a Zeus like statue. Who built it and what it represents is still up in the air.

MNNHFLTX
03-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Wow, major Sawyer time last night (which is a good thing)! Gave me a lot to think about. The one thing I found disconcerting was the jumping forward and backward through that three-year span.

I have a hard time imagining where they are going with the storyline right now, but that's probably exactly what the writers want. :D

Advnt05
03-05-2009, 02:56 PM
So is the major battle that Widmore referenced last week with Locke the same battle that is about to wage between the Others and the Dharma Group where Ben wipes them out? It would seem that the group would recognize Ben when he appears and prepare folks for what will happen. Not sure if that will change much as Daniel always says that you can't change what happened.

magicofdisney
03-06-2009, 10:56 AM
I was following the time flip-flops just fine and then they threw me a little this week. I don't know how I feel about Sawyer and Juliet but he's obviously not over Kate. Although, Kate and Jack were engaged, so...

I was also wondering about them having run-ins with Ben while he's part of the Dharma group during this time. It also surprised me that Sawyer approached Richard. Seeing as Richard had no loyalties to our original gang in the beginning I can only assume they go up against the Others during their stay with the Dharma group.

I still can't figure out how Sawyer became such a power house with the Dharma people. Those guys on night watch were scared to death to approach him when the one guy was blowing up dynamite near the perimeter. Hopefully (in 2 wks!!! :mad:) we'll get the interaction of them all. The previews showed Sun so hopefully she and Jin will reunite then. I'm still wondering about their daughter, though.

quicksand
03-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Wow, no discussions! I will continue to watch because we only have 2 seasons left and I want my questions answered :confused: Anyway, I don't like the direction the writers are going. (or seem to be going) who knows with this show.

BTW How strange was it to hear Sawyer say he read a book about Winston Churchill :confused:

Advnt05
03-27-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure how they are going to reconcile Ben being shot as a boy but yet being alive as an adult. Most likely scenario is that he is not dead as the boy and only wounded. But then you have the issue as to how he reacts to Sayeed in the future.

DisneyLandMomma
03-27-2009, 08:52 PM
I don't like what's happening either. :(

I do know I like Sawyer and Juliet together, so I hope Jack and Kate don't mess that up. LOL

PirateLover
04-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Thank gosh for Hurley. I feel like he is the writer's gift to all of us clueless fools out there. Plus I can relate, because all I know about time travel, I learned from Doc Brown myself. ;)

MNNHFLTX
04-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Thank gosh for Hurley. I feel like he is the writer's gift to all of us clueless fools out there. Plus I can relate, because all I know about time travel, I learned from Doc Brown myself. ;)
I agree--the exchange about time travel between Hurley and Miles was priceless. It was as though the writers were poking fun at all the confusion we viewers are experiencing, trying to figure out what is going on.

I was really surprised that Kate told two "outsiders" about the island, but at least it solves the mystery of who she left Aaron with when she went back to the island. Now I'm wondering what did happen to Claire. And where is Jacob's cabin and how does it all fit into this? I know we are finding out some answers, but it still seems an impossible task that they could tie up all the loose ends by next season.

Nascfan
04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I think we'll be seeing Jacob's cabin again before all this is over, probably sooner rather than later, but that's just a guess.

I don't think they will tie up all, or even most, the loose ends before this is done. I'm sure there are plenty of mysteries that even the writer's have forgotten about.
And where the heck is Daniel, and where has he been for the 3 years? The others in the group that went back to the 70's are all accounted for except him.

elmjimmlm
04-03-2009, 08:20 AM
What happened on Wed. show? My DVR is not recording everything that I put on it and this was not there and I was sooooo mad...

TheVBs
04-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know why you can't view all of this season's shows online? They keep reducing them and my DH hasn't seen the first ones yet. Is this typical? I noticed that all of the other seasons' episodes are there. Will he have to wait until this season is over?

Advnt05
04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
There are a few other sites that show free tv online other than the abc site. I was able to watch most of this season on one of the non-abc viewing sites.

quicksand
04-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Looks like a great show next week. Judgement day for Ben- or something like that.

TheVBs
04-03-2009, 04:45 PM
There are a few other sites that show free tv online other than the abc site. I was able to watch most of this season on one of the non-abc viewing sites.

Thanks! I'll let him know.

I wonder if Sayid has joined the Others or if he's hiding out in the jungle?

I thought Richard's comment about Ben never being the same if the Others took him in was interesting. Does that mean that's why Ben grows up to be an evil adult?

DisneyLandMomma
04-04-2009, 12:34 AM
I loved the exchange between Hurley and Miles. It was hilarous...

I just knew Kate gave Aaron to his grandma but for awhile I was thinking maybe she had left him with Sawyer's baby mama...:blush: sorry I can't remember her name. haha

I've been wondering about Daniel too...they haven't even mentioned him since Jack, Kate, and Hurley have been back.

And when are they going to get back to Sun and Frank?

magicofdisney
04-04-2009, 09:29 AM
When Charlotte died, Daniel said he would not warn her like she said he had done. I wonder if he left the island to keep himself from warning her. Or maybe he left because he ended up warning her and couldn't live with that decision. Either way, I'm sure we'll see him again.

I saw an interview one time with the writers and they said Penny is a pivotal character in this saga. I'm trying to figure that one out.

I still don't quite get the Dharma Initiative. Are they basically scientist studying the island with workers to handle the everyday chores?

It sounds like Ellie is in charge of The Others in the 70s and we know she is Faraday's mom. Could this be why Daniel needed to leave the island, because he can't co-exist with his younger self? And if he and Penny are siblings, do you think they have the same dad? Maybe Richard is Faraday's dad.

TheVBs
04-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Who is Ellie?

There was a scene where Sawyer was asked if Faraday is with them. I think he just said, "Not anymore."

Nascfan
04-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Who is Ellie?

There was a scene where Sawyer was asked if Faraday is with them. I think he just said, "Not anymore."

Ellie is Eloise Hawkins, the one who took Daniel to the bomb in the 50s time travel, the one who sent them back to the island, the one who refused to sell Desmond the engagement ring in a previous season.

TheVBs
04-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Ellie is Eloise Hawkins, the one who took Daniel to the bomb in the 50s time travel, the one who sent them back to the island, the one who refused to sell Desmond the engagement ring in a previous season.

Oh!! Okay, thank you! :blush:

How do we know she's Faraday's mom? I missed something.

DisneyLandMomma
04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
When Daniel was in a time flash and found Desmond still in the hatch he told him when he got off the island to find his mother and that's who he found. :)

TheVBs
04-11-2009, 09:15 AM
When Daniel was in a time flash and found Desmond still in the hatch he told him when he got off the island to find his mother and that's who he found. :)

That's right! I completely forgot about that. I need a Lost Guide. :blush:

DisneyLandMomma
04-11-2009, 03:25 PM
LOL

So what did everyone think of last week's episode??

Ben is sooo freaking evil but then you get these little glimmers of a guy with a conscience. I was soo happy to see Ben didn't kill Penny like I thought he might have.

I loved the way Locke treated Ben this episode.

I can't wait for everyone to get back together again. :confused:

magicofdisney
04-11-2009, 07:11 PM
All I know is I don't want the last episode of the series to be Claire waking up and telling everyone she knows what will happen if they leave the island.

I loved this last episode but I expected more to happen to Ben. And it got me thinking. Maybe Christian is really alive and not the personification of Jacob. If the island brought Locke back and he landed on the island dead and in a casket...

Do you think Alex is really alive or just an illusion from the Smoke Monster?

I found it interesting that Lapidus automatically assumed the others were back in time (just from that photo) and I found it strange that Ben didn't question that more.

When Widmore was being taken away from the island in handcuffs, Ben mentioned he'd had a child with someone off the island. I'm assuming Penny was that child. If that's so, and she and Faraday are siblings (another assumption on my part) then there's no way Richard could be Faraday's dad (a wonderment I made earlier).

PirateLover
04-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I am rewatching the episode because I have yet another cold and was on meds at the time and I feel like I need to see it again, but I can tell you that my jaw literally dropped when Ben just up and shot Caesar. I did an audible gasp and just stared with my mouth wide open until commercial break! I feel like Lost is getting predictable, though. I mean, who didn't know that was Charles Widmore with young Ben, yet they used the big dramatic music. Everyone pretty much guessed was bloody at the marina because he tried to kill Penny and Des beat him up. The smoke monster still has me confused though.

quicksand
04-14-2009, 09:47 AM
One more thing about Eloise.

I was watching an old episode- the one where
Desmond was in the monestary (sp?) Anyway when Des was leaving the monestary and giving his robe back to his mentor in his office... There was a picture of Eloise and the monk on his desk.

MNNHFLTX
04-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Wow, a lot of revelations last night. I wondered before last night's episode if Daniel and Penny were brother and sister, so it was interesting to see that confirmed. Of course, the big question is--did Daniel die? And if he did and Jack takes up his mission, does he succeed? I'm thinking that the "destiny" Jack was called back to the island is not necessarily to change the past, but (unknowingly) to be the one that sets the events into action that lead to the future. Lol--if that makes sense!

2Epcot
04-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I really enjoyed last night's episode. For some reason I don't think we've seen the last of Daniel, though they did take time to do that setup of him saying any one of them could die, that they are living in their present. This season has been great. I wasn't sure how much I would like them showing things in the future, and then returning to the island, but it has been very interesting putting them on the island in the early days of Dharma.

Buddy08
04-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Last nights show was very confusing to me. I wonder was is up with Penny's mother or is Eloise her mother? The girl that was with Daniel when Widmore visited him was Theresa,correct? Is she the one that ends up in a coma, confusing the present with the past? I hope Daniel isn't dead but he seemed to know that his mother knew she was going to shoot him. I just hope that Sun and Jin reunite soon.

Beast_fanatic
04-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Last nights show was very confusing to me. I wonder was is up with Penny's mother or is Eloise her mother? The girl that was with Daniel when Widmore visited him was Theresa,correct? Is she the one that ends up in a coma, confusing the present with the past? I hope Daniel isn't dead but he seemed to know that his mother knew she was going to shoot him. I just hope that Sun and Jin reunite soon.

Based on the episode where Widmore was escorted off the island, Penny is probably not the daughter of Eloise and her mom is not yet revealed to us.

The girl that was with Daniel when Widmore visited was called Caroline - I don't think we know her yet (probably a care giver to Daniel considering his state). I believe Theresa is already "mind travelling" at that point.

ABC has confirmed that Daniel is dead.

magicofdisney
05-02-2009, 04:52 PM
I just got done watching Wednesday's episode and it was great. I'm not entirely surprised Daniel was shot (and probably dead). Our earlier predictions that he and Penny are siblings was confirmed and I guess it only makes since that Widmore is the father of both (and not Eloise the mother of both). Although, when Ben said Widmore went off island and had a child I knew Penny could not have been Eloise's daughter.

Yeah, Daniel's foreshadowing that any one of them could die kind of made his being shot anticlimactic for me. I'm guessing Eloise always knew she'd be the one to shoot him (and therefor encouraged him to return) just so he couldn't be the variable that changed the past.

magicofdisney
05-09-2009, 08:30 AM
So now I'm thinking Eloise allowed him to return so that he could be the variable that changes the course of history. Therefor she wouldn't loose him after all because he'd have no need to return to the island. Although, if she didn't allow him to return to the island, he wouldn't die anyway. Ok, I guess this time travel stuff does confuse me a bit. :)

You know, I'm still wondering why Jack thinks Kate would want to erase the last three years. She was on her way to jail in that plane. Why on earth would she want to go back to that? I admit this hasn't been the best three years of her life, but at least she's free and she's already endured a trial that didn't land her in jail.

I can't figure out Locke wanting to kill Jacob. What's up with that?

Alligirl
05-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Ok so aside from all of the theories about the Island I have a dilemma!!!
My DD wants to have a LOST season finale party next week, anyone have any ideas for me?!

She is making a banner saying " Namaste, Welcome new recruits"
Cupcakes that have a beach and a crashed plane on top.
Sugar cookies shaped like fish, that she will use icing to write Dharma on (polar bear biscuits)
For drinks I am thinking OJ and pineapple juice, lots of little umbrellas in the drinks.

So let me know if you have any other ideas please!!!! :thumbsup:

Aggie97
05-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Wow - so what did you think about the Lost finale? I thought it was outstanding. So many things to think about over the next several months....

- Jacob and the "man-in-black"'s conversation at the beginning of the episode with (was the approaching ship the Black Rock?)
- flashbacks of Jacob leaving the island to touch several of the castaways at pivotal moments in their lives
- 1977 Bernard and Rose (will they be the "Adam and Eve" skeletons found in the caves by the castaways?)
- Locke's body actually being in the box (and who exactly are those Ajira crash survivors?)
- the "man-in-black" possessing Locke since the Ajira crash (and now we wonder how much Locke has been manipulated by him all along)
- the "man-in-black": was he the spirit in Jacob's cabin when Ben and Locke visited it, did he also possess Christian Shephard in the past, and is he also the smoke monster?
- the scene under the four-toed statue with Ben, the possessed Locke, and Jacob (including Jacob's "What about you?" response to Ben)
- Juliet and Sawyer's heartbreaking parting
- Juliet and the nuke
- whether or not the nuke reset things....

Whew!

TheVBs
05-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Pretty amazing finale!

Since Jacob and his companion's clothes looked ancient and the temple writings (and statue) look Egyptian - is this supposed to be the Biblical Jacob? I'm not well versed at all on the Bible, but it had that feel to it.

ChipnDaleGal
05-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I think that the Lost finale actually shortened my life a little. I am still not over it. Sayid is one of my most favorite characters from the very beginning. Seeing him with a seemingly fatal gunshot wound toward sthe beginning of the episode had me sobbing for the rest of it. It sure didn't feel like Jack did much to help him. I am not liking Jack very much. He always thinks he knows best, just like Locke. The whole thing with Juliette and Sawyer was heartbreaking, starting with her decision to side with Jack. I believe that she loves Sawyer and I think he loves her too. So when he couldn't save her from going down that shaft you could just feel his agony.

As usual, the episode left me with way more questions than answers. I will stick with this show until then end, but I can already tell that it will take its toll on me. I love these characters (Jack and Locke aside) and I think we will get a lot of carnage next season.

magicofdisney
05-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Wow - so what did you think about the Lost finale? I thought it was outstanding. So many things to think about over the next several months....

- Jacob and the "man-in-black"'s conversation at the beginning of the episode with (was the approaching ship the Black Rock?)
- flashbacks of Jacob leaving the island to touch several of the castaways at pivotal moments in their lives
- 1977 Bernard and Rose (will they be the "Adam and Eve" skeletons found in the caves by the castaways?)
- Locke's body actually being in the box (and who exactly are those Ajira crash survivors?)
- the "man-in-black" possessing Locke since the Ajira crash (and now we wonder how much Locke has been manipulated by him all along)
- the "man-in-black": was he the spirit in Jacob's cabin when Ben and Locke visited it, did he also possess Christian Shephard in the past, and is he also the smoke monster?
- the scene under the four-toed statue with Ben, the possessed Locke, and Jacob (including Jacob's "What about you?" response to Ben)
- Juliet and Sawyer's heartbreaking parting
- Juliet and the nuke
- whether or not the nuke reset things....

Whew!
These are great thoughts and questions. Some I had not considered.

Now I'm wondering if all along Jacob governed the hostiles while the "other" guy governed any antagonist they had. He could have been the smoke monster, Christian and any other dead person that Hurley saw.

It was interesting to see Jacob interact with some of the original plane survivors earlier in their lives.

I would think that if a nuclear bomb went off, the island wouldn't have any skeletons on it (unless they were far enough away from the blast). Is the island that big? Although I think there is more than one island.

On an episode a week or so ago, I was beginning to wonder if those Ajirah crash survivors (carrying Locke's body) were diseased like Rousseau's group had become.

Jacob's response to Ben reminded of Ben's response to Locke when he confronted him about blowing up the people on the boat. It was actually a typical Ben response to most other people. Very condescending.

The whole Juliet, Sawyer, Kate thing is weird to me. Kate and Sawyer definitely have chemistry, but you can tell Sawyer has a love for Juliet that's unlike the love he has for Kate. It was sad when he lost her.

On the one second preview, they showed an eye opening up. But it looked like a female eye to me.

PirateLover
05-17-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm still in denial about both Sayid and Juliet. I think that the bomb going off will save them...hopefully. Sayid is my favorite character, too. I don't know what to make of the whole Jacob vs man in black (some people are calling him "Esau" as in the biblical tale). They make you believe that Jacob is good, yet he is the one that distracted Sayid and in a way caused Nadia to get hit by a car. That wasn't very nice... There are a thousand other thoughts running through my mind that I can't even begin to process right now. But I will say that I love the mythology aspect to it, the carvings on the temple walls, the way the finale opened with Jacob at the loom... maybe that's just the history buff in me :)

ChipnDaleGal
05-17-2009, 09:50 AM
On the one second preview, they showed an eye opening up. But it looked like a female eye to me.

I thought that was Jack's eye from the very first episode when he woke up on his back in the jungle after the plane crach. I know it was a very quick flash, but that was the first thing that I thought of when that eye appeared.

magicofdisney
05-17-2009, 06:29 PM
They make you believe that Jacob is good, yet he is the one that distracted Sayid and in a way caused Nadia to get hit by a car. That wasn't very nice...
I thought about that as well, but it occurred to me that if Nadia didn't die, Sayid would have NEVER gone back to the island.

I thought that was Jack's eye from the very first episode when he woke up on his back in the jungle after the plane crach. I know it was a very quick flash, but that was the first thing that I thought of when that eye appeared.
That was my response to the eye as well but it just seemed a little "different" to me.

PirateLover
05-17-2009, 06:53 PM
I thought about that as well, but it occurred to me that if Nadia didn't die, Sayid would have NEVER gone back to the island.
I've thought about it more, and in addition to that reason, also I realized that had he not stopped Sayid, he would've most likely been hit by the car, too.

That was my response to the eye as well but it just seemed a little "different" to me.
I saw a screen cap with a side by side comparison and I'm 99% sure it is Jack.

NotaGeek
05-18-2009, 07:33 PM
You know ... I went this whole season just half heatedly watching Lost ... and then WHAM the best season finale cliff hanger EVER. AND we have to wait until 2010 to see what happens? Bogus.

Greenlawler
05-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm still in denial about both Sayid and Juliet. I think that the bomb going off will save them...hopefully. Sayid is my favorite character, too. I don't know what to make of the whole Jacob vs man in black (some people are calling him "Esau" as in the biblical tale). They make you believe that Jacob is good, yet he is the one that distracted Sayid and in a way caused Nadia to get hit by a car. That wasn't very nice... There are a thousand other thoughts running through my mind that I can't even begin to process right now. But I will say that I love the mythology aspect to it, the carvings on the temple walls, the way the finale opened with Jacob at the loom... maybe that's just the history buff in me :)

I feel the same about Locke. They spend 5 years making me feel so much empathy for this man of faith who believes he is doing what is right, only to have him strangled by Ben. I know some do not like Locke, but they are in the minority.
This is why I do not think Locke is done. In fact I still think he will be the redemptive character of the show.
Another thought....why are we just assuming Jacob is the good guy? Is it becuase he is wearing white. I mean he is the one who keeps bringing people to the island to kill each other. He is playing a game that the Black shirted manwants ended. I am not sure I believe this theory myself but it's Lost everything is up for debate.