PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Question...

beksy
11-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow, this is hard! I've never gone with a first-timer before and am trying to make ressies that I like and think he will enjoy for the atmosphere, food, etc. I keep coming up with questions since I want him to come to love Disney as much as I do (especially since I may marry the guy!). Anyway, I know he would enjoy dining at the castle but am not sure if I should try for lunch or dinner. He's obviously not into the princesses (at least he'd better not be or we could have problems ;) ) but I don't really know what the dinner is like. What would you all suggest? It's just the two of us. Also, I know he would enjoy Sci-Fi but I just don't like it...can we stop in for an appetizer or something? Should we still make ADRs for that? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated! So far he thinks I'm a little crazy with my love for Disney :faint: (I know, that's a crazy thought! :shrug: ) but the way to get him to love it is through the food :eat: so that's my mission! :spy: :plot: Any and all help will be wonderful! :thanks:

cal5755
11-07-2008, 07:14 PM
For CRT I would suggest dinner. There is a little show with the fairy godmother that is so cute and the atmosphere is great. DH and I loved the prime rib for dinner.

I would totally pass on sci-fi too lol.. but you could go in for a shake and some onion rings or something like that. I would still make an ADR for it though.

Have fun creating a new Disniac!! Lol.

BMan62
11-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Personal opinion -- don't try to force-feed him and expect him to love it. Go for places you will both enjoy the food at. If he is going to love Disney, it will not be the food that does it, it will be the entire immersion into the experience.

If you don't like SciFi, then maybe you don't need to eat there, just ask if you can walk in and take a look around then leave.

As far as CRT is concerned, I would find out which meal is more crowded and avoid it. DW and I are not princess oriented so don't bother with it.

Just my 2 cents - take it with a grain of salt.

andreallybadeggs
11-07-2008, 07:36 PM
I'd choose dinner at CRT. Seems less chaotic and more "adult-friendly"; don't mean that as a criticism since I love watching the kids at MK-- it's just a little more subdued and romantic in the evening, I think.
We LOVE the Sci Fi so would have no problem having a meal there but if you don't like the food and don't think he would, I'd just ask to look around. If he might like what they're serving I'd make ADR's, let him order a meal and you just order an appetizer or desert + a drink.
Agree with PP; don't fret too much about it. Relax and enjoy yourself and I'll bet he'll enjoy it too.
If not you can simply agree to disagree about
WDW.:mickey:

Tbelle1976
11-08-2008, 01:07 AM
I also got my DH to like Disney alot more (he's not loving it quite yet) through the food. When we go in Feb we will be on the deluxe DDP, so I let him choose some the places himself which made him very happy and more excited. (just like a kid, huh?)

Cinderelley
11-08-2008, 04:19 AM
Maybe you should just snuggle up with him and go over some of the menus to see what he would like.

DisneyFr33k
11-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Maybe you should just snuggle up with him and go over some of the menus to see what he would like.

Great idea!
I've had the dinner and the two of us got the table for two right in the bay window front and center overlooking Cinderella's Golden Carosel! It was amazing! If you were to get this table, it would be terribly romantic.

Food - Cinderella's Castle is hands down better than Sci Fi. Our personal opinion is Sci Fi serves standard food and average quality. I agree with the post above that it would be a great place to stop in for an appetizer and to cool off or rest.

Good luck with your upcoming trip. Like the previous posts said, relax and don't push too hard. It will be the entire experience that will get him to love Disney as much as you do! :cloud9:

mdhiggin
11-08-2008, 01:23 PM
The best food to me is Ohana.

garymacd
11-09-2008, 01:16 PM
You should try Teppan Edo. A great guy place. None of those pesky knives and forks, just chopsticks. And something a little different - if he has never eaten food like that before.

kemps@wdw
11-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Why don't you include him in the selection process. Have a cozy evening when you both can look over the dining info together, and you, as a "vet", can give valuable insight to anything he deems interesting. But, be objective. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean he won't either. Be willing to compromise. After all, you both may be doing alot of that in the future!!:cloud9:

Tinkerbelly84
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm actually having the same issues right now planning my trip. I've been there many times but my boyfriend hasn't. I've had lunch at the castle but wasn't really impressed with the food.