PDA

View Full Version : one night out w/out kids at Disney - Boma or Brown Derby?

ewasilau
11-07-2008, 03:33 PM
My husband and I will have one evening to ourselves while at Disney in late Jan. We are staying at AKL, and on the night we plan to go out, HS is open until 9:00 pm. Being fans of "scary" rides, and being excited about the prospect of not having to make our 3 little kids wait while we baby swap at one park, we plan to head to HS that evening. But, we also plan to get a nice dinner in. Because of where we are staying and going, we have narrowed our choices to Brown Derby or Boma. Any recommendations between the two? We are not picky eaters - we just like good food (although I don't eat beef or pork). Is it better to eat at our resort before heading to HS, or should we get to HS and then eat? How early do we need reservations to insure that we have a little bit of time for rides before HS closes at 9:00?
thanks for any advice!

ewasilau
11-07-2008, 03:35 PM
My mistake - we're eating at Boma w/ the kids - the question is - Brown Derby or Jiko?

Tinkerbellfan
11-07-2008, 03:42 PM
I was just about to recommend Jikos over Bomas. Jikos is a great restaurant - one of our favorites at Disney World. Great wine, great service, great atmosphere and great food.

Beckybalz
11-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Since this will be a kid free meal, my vote is for Jiko. The food is absolutely wonderful! However, you did mention that if you were eating at AKL that it would be BEFORE going on the big kid rides at HS. Make sure you don't overeat and end up sick on the rides! :ack:

pox24
11-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Easy... JIKO:thumbsup:

Katarch
11-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I would definitely pick JIKO. Food is great!:mickey::mickey: