11-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Tuesday 10/28 @ MK and Buffalo:(

Cast:
Me, Lori, 36
DH, Brian, 35
DS, Ian, 6.5
DD, Elizabeth, turned 2
My in-laws, Dave & Elaine

It was our sad day to say goodbye. We packed up and headed to get our breakfast, as usual, from Captain Cook's. As we were headed back to the room to eat, a table opened up right in front of us! We jumped on it, it was our first breakfast NOT in bed, yipee! Very chilly today, it was in the 40's in the morning and didn't warm up to 60 until the time we left. Sent our bags to storage and hit MK with our coats on.

We did some firsts. First, Laugh Floor, then the Astro-Orbitor. I don't know why we didn't do AO before, I guess I thought it was much more scary or went upside down or something, guess I never really looked up! Anyway, short line but long wait, but neat to do it. Boys did SM a couple more times, we did a round-trip train ride and then headed to lunch.

Lunch was at Cosmic Ray's again, this time we all got a lunch, we had CS's to use up afterall. The bays were a PITA this time as we all wanted something differnt. MIL stood in line at Bay 3 for her veggie wrap thing while I waited in Bay 2 for DH's burger. Then we both headed to Bay 1 for FIL and my rotisserie chicken dinners. MIL loved the wrap, DH and DS were good with their burger and PBJ, FIL ate every last bit of his chicken dinner, I didn't think the chicken had much flavor but it was cooked well and the potatoes were tasty. Of course we all had dessert. DS still asks about dessert here at home, uh, sorry buddy, we're not in DW anymore!

The boys then went to Frontierland for BTM again, DD stroller napped while MIL and I finally looked in the Main Street shops. Then it was already time to head back. On the way out a CM stopped us to ask if we wanted to do a quick survey about our dining experiences. But then he said it would be about 10 minutes and that would be cutting it a bit too close, so on we went. And that's when we one by one, said to each other, "Where's Ian?" No where.

I told the in-laws to stay put with DD, incase he wandered back. DH took off on Main Street, I headed to the gate. We think when the CM stopped us, perhaps Ian didn't know we had stopped and kept walking. That's why I thought I'd find him at the gate. Nope. After probably one full minute which seemed like 10, I asked a CM fo help, as I was giving Ian's description, DH walked over with him. He was lost on Main Street and 2 CM's noticed him and helped. He cried a little and kept asking up how long we would look for him and if we would leave him there. So sad!

Finally back to Poly for the ME. "Dinner" at McDonald's and soon on the plane. Another good flight. After landing, a stewardess asked DS if he wanted to see the cockpit! I didn't think they did that anymore...but it was really neat to see, how small it is up there!

Home to a chilly night, in the 30's, in bed around midnight. And now we dream on WDW2010!

Next: final thought on CM's, DDP, Photopass and more.

Disneyfan1971
11-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks for sharing the update--sounds like you had a very good time.

faline
11-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh my! That must have been a few scary minutes for all of you! What a way to put some excitement into your last day!

Thanks for your reports! I've enjoyed reading them!

laward32
11-07-2008, 03:05 PM
OOOH!! How scary! I am glad the CM's found him and helped him. Glad he wasn't missing for long. I've enjoyed reports. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

DizNee143
11-07-2008, 03:16 PM
sounds like a pretty good last day at the world..
glad you son was ok..and he wasnt missing for long!! :)

January-2007
11-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the trip report. :mickey:

magickingdom67
11-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Sounds like great day, minus the scary minutes of DS missing.

dtootsie42
11-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Besides the scary moments it sounds like you had a terrific last day. It can be a downer to go home but already dreaming of the next trip helps! :mickey:

yjgirl32
11-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Oh how scary to lose someone. We lost my Aunt (75) when we down there in May of 07. SHe was scared- she is considered legally blind. It took us about 30 minutes to find her. Glad you had a very very happy ending. Thanks for sharing.

Mackflava99
11-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Lost on Main street!!
oh wow i am glad everything worked out.
Scarry situation

As for AO, it has a terrific view, we went this year for the first time in many many years, and now we will go every year.

pdrlkr
11-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: