PDA

View Full Version : Yak and Yeti

PixiePrincess
11-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Last night we made dinner reservations at Yak and Yeti for our upcoming trip. I was wondering how the food is there, and if anyone has any suggestions as to what we should order when we go...

Disneyfan1971
11-07-2008, 01:29 PM
I've never been there or AK either..but from what I read it sounds pretty good...I think we'll have to eat there as well!!!

kdsjjb
11-07-2008, 01:38 PM
We tried yak & Yeti for the first time last month. We were all very impressed with the food. As a group of four adults we had:
Lettuce Cups and Dim Sum for apps.
Crispy Mahi, Honey Chicken and the Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp.
I highly recommend the Shaoxing Steak.

The only down side to the meal was the service. It was absolutely HORRIBLE. Bad enough the we spoke to the manager about it, and she wound up comping the apps. This was the first time we've ever had to complain about the service in any DW rest., but this guy was over the top bad.

faline
11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I thought it was okay. The atomosphere was terrific and, unlike the previous poster, we had good service. Our appetizers were tasty but I found our main course to be run of the mill.

cer
11-07-2008, 02:05 PM
We wenjoyed the Asian Baby Back Ribs and for dessert the Fried Wontons - sooo good!:)

wendy*darling
11-07-2008, 02:16 PM
We had lunch there in early October.
We were 4 adults and we all enjoyed the meal very much.
We try to all get something different, and then share.

For appetizers we had: lettuce cups, fried green beans, pot stickers and ahi tuna. The appetizers were all excellent.

Our entrees were: Beef & Broccoli, Lo Mein- those 2 were good, but average. The steak & tempura shrimp- DH said it was good, but the shrimp was battered & fried (not tempura). I had the miso salmon- which was very good.

We were so very full when it came to dessert, but we indulged anyway. The sorbet trio is very refreshing! And DH loved the mango pie (like key lime- just a light mango flavor instead).

We sat upstairs by the window. Very pretty restaurant- lots of details in all the furnishings and tchotzkes- just a fun place all around.

Enjoy! :mickey:

TBY2225
11-07-2008, 04:39 PM
We ate at Y&Y in September and really enjoyed it. We had good service, and great food. I got the steak and shrimp combo and it was wonderful. DH got the ribs and enjoyed it as well. The wonton and mango pie desserts were really good too! YUM!

PixiePrincess
11-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks everyone! Sounds like we will enjoy this restaurant...:thumbsup: