PDA

View Full Version : First time using the DDP

WelshieLover
11-07-2008, 12:38 PM
We are going to try it for the first time in January. I understand the basic principal of it - 1 snack credit - 1 counter service - 1 table service per person per day. Gratuities are not included, but since there are 6 of us they will add on 18% automatically. Check-in is Sunday January 4 and check-out is Sunday January 11. How many credits will we get? Will we get them for the Sunday we leave? We will only be there for breakfast. We already have booked and paid for out of pocket for the Hoop Dee Doo on the Tuesday night. I am now going to really read these threads for info on how to use the snack credits etc.

Strmchsr
11-07-2008, 01:34 PM
For a party of 6 I believe they do add in the gratuity automatically.

As for the number of credits, it's based on the number of nights, not the number of days. So you'll get 7 of each kind, nothing for the 11th, but you can use them however you wish. 2 TS on one day, 2 CS on one day, etc. It's up to you how you use them.

Definitely read over everything on the DDP in Info Central and that should help you out a lot.

Disneyfan1971
11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
We've already have made three reservations and plan on making more :) Problem is we want to eat table service all the time...however can't really afford the deluxe dining plan--the one where you get three meals a day.

Anyways, what I was told is that three credits will be deducted once we check in at the hotel.

krose78
11-07-2008, 02:17 PM
The credits will be deducted once you eat at the restaurant.

Ropachs
11-07-2008, 02:41 PM
We were also a party of 6. The 18% gratuity was added on automatically...at 5 of our 6 meals. It's so odd that everything isn't completey in sync. (the one that didn't add on the tip was the Sci-Fi Diner.)

TheDuckRocks
11-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Anyways, what I was told is that three credits will be deducted once we check in at the hotel.

I'm completely confused by this statement, but at my age that's not hard to do. The only time you have credits taken off your DDP is when you are paying for a meal and they will only take off how many you tell them to.

To extend your credits if you are not big eaters you might want to split meals and maybe order salads or soup out of pocket, if you are not dining at a buffet or a meal that is served family style.