PDA

View Full Version : Can you convert counter meals to

scootch713
11-07-2008, 09:40 AM
snacks??? Looking at my itinerary and I will probably end up with a few kid counter services left over. Can they be changed to snack credits??? as I know that you can buy bags of candy with those(something we can take home) And if so, how do you go about doing it? tks

Strmchsr
11-07-2008, 10:16 AM
I don't think so. If you think you'll have several CSs left over you might do better to drop the DDP and go OOP. The DDP is barely a bargain as is, and if you're using a $15 CS for a $4 snack you're losing a good bit of money on the deal (not that Disney minds, but I still don't think that's possible).

scootch713
11-07-2008, 11:01 AM
This will be our last trip to the world for awhile and we are doing a ton of character meals, so doing the math it is worth it for us.(one character meal is more than the 9.99 per day for kids). My youngest eats one good meal a day and that is about it.... so may end up with some extra counter services, just thought I had read somewhere that someone converted counter service to snack credits on the last day and took home some stuff.. maybe I am wrong though... tks.

kdsjjb
11-07-2008, 11:08 AM
We just did this last month.

We had two C/S allotments left and were able to exchange them for snacks while we were waiting for the ME.

We were not able to do it at the parks, but the food court at the hotel did allow us to do it.

I cant remember if it was 2 or 3 snacks for each CS meal.

scootch713
11-07-2008, 02:38 PM
We just did this last month.

We had two C/S allotments left and were able to exchange them for snacks while we were waiting for the ME.

We were not able to do it at the parks, but the food court at the hotel did allow us to do it.

I cant remember if it was 2 or 3 snacks for each CS meal.

thanks!!

Lynn J Mc
11-07-2008, 02:47 PM
we did that too at the hotel quick service. You might want to check with the hotel concierge. They may can help so that you can get the snacks any where. Worth a try.

Figment!
11-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Please note that there is no policy to guarantee any "converting down" of Disney Dining Plan credits.

While many Guests do find success with trading down credits on a one to one basis at their hotel's Guests services, individual Guest experiences could vary in success due to their being no formal policy to dictate such an option.

WDWFanatic
11-07-2008, 03:20 PM
We also were able to switch a counter service for two snacks at our hotel store (We were at Pop).

But what we also did...We paid for the someone elses meal. I asked a family behind us if they were on the meal plan, they said no and I bought their lunch. It was fun, it felt like we were part of the dream squad.

My son got sick (strep) and didn't eat much for two days so we ended up with extra meals.