PDA

View Full Version : Boatwright's or Boma?

beksy
11-07-2008, 09:35 AM
I know that these are totally different choices, but I just wanted your opinion on which to use on our last ADR. We are staying at POR but will be at AK that day. How are each and which do you all prefer? We've never eaten at either. Also, how's breakfast at Boatwright's? Is it worth the time and oop money? Thanks!

laprana
11-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I think both are good choices, but I think Boma is better! We ate dinner at Boatwright's on our last trip this past June and it was very good. The service was good and I had a very tasty steak, but the menu seemed a little limited. We haven't had breakfast there, so I can't offer any info on that.

Boma, on the other hand, has a huge selection of really great items - lots of different things and African foods, but they also have more traditional selections for pickier eaters - there's something for everyone! And the desserts....:cloud9: The atmosphere is great there, and since you're going to be at AK that day, it would be really close by! Hope this helps! :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
11-07-2008, 10:08 AM
For breakfast, both are good choices. Boma is a buffet, so you'll get more food there, but Boatwright's has some very good choices for breakfast (sweet potato pancakes are very good, and their French toast is excellent). Boatwright's would probably take you less time since you wouldn't have to get to another resort. I would definitely make an ADR for either though as they can both be very busy.

SBETigg
11-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I don't like Boatwright's for dinner. It's really nothing special. Maybe for breakfast. Boma, on the other hand, is amazing. So much to try! And it's great to have the chance to explore the AKL, an incredible resort. I would definitely choose Boma.

ThanxForNoticin
11-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Boma - it's one of the best eating experiences at Disney. And if you are at the AK that day, it's a 5-minute bus ride back to the Lodge for dinner. Enjoy.

Tinkerbella16
11-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Since you are staying at POR...you should try BoatWrights another morning for breakfast. The prices aren't bad and I have heard nothing but good things about the food and service there. I am leaving sunday for the world, staying at French Quarter and I am actually wishing that I'd made a ressie for BoatWrights.

pox24
11-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Boma:thumbsup:

maryt01
11-07-2008, 04:37 PM
you do not need ressies at boatwrights. we always just drop in .

Beast_fanatic
11-07-2008, 04:40 PM
you do not need ressies at boatwrights. we always just drop in .

We have been there on more than one occasion where if we didn't have ressies, we wouldn't have been able to eat there.

mdhiggin
11-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Boma

KatMark
11-09-2008, 04:37 PM
We are trying both Boatwright's and Boma's for breakfast next year (personally, I have no desire to go to Boatwright's--but husband wants the sweet potato pancakes). We had dinner reservations at Boma's last year but ended up cancelling--we were too tired and I heard some bad reviews just before we went (too spicy for my taste from what I was reading...different tastes and I'm very picky). We did Boatwright's two years ago and it was the second worse meal we have ever had at Disney (H&V being the other). We won't ever go back for dinner. Had a very rude host (we were seated 45 minutes after our ADR because they forgot to activate our beeper); service was terrible; couldn't hear ourselves think or talk it was so noisy being next to the food court and the piano bar; the food was mediocre at best (my husband hated the potatos, his appetizer and dessert and I had to send my meat back twice).

henry.james.s
11-09-2008, 07:43 PM
:number1: BOMA :number1:

We now return you to or regularly scheduled thread!!

mainemajor
11-09-2008, 08:59 PM
We went to Boma's for our last meal on our last trip and it was one of the best I have had at Disney. Even DS who is not an adventuresome eater found and a lot of different foods. I would go back there in a heartbeat

Sinewiz
11-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Boatwright's is fine for lunch but if your looking for something special Boma's is the way to go. It's my number one favorite place to eat. ;)

LandFan
11-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Definitely BOMA! It is one of our favorites!