PDA

View Full Version : Carribean Beach Resort

Disneyfan1971
11-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Carribean Beach resort at WDW? My wife and I are considering it instead of Pop Century...I know it's a little more in price but to me it's worth it..especially since this is our birthday/Christmas/and EARLY 5th anniversay present to each other!!!

JoF
11-07-2008, 03:45 AM
I stayed at CBR with my family in 2006 and absolutely loved it.
It is a huge place though so it might be worth requesting a room that is nearer to the main pool and food court areas.
We had no problems while we were there and found it very relaxed. The food court could be a bit manic at peak times but the food was fine with a lot of choice.
We had a car but took the bus occasionally and didn't encounter any problems, in fact it was better than the car for certain journeys (Magic Kingdom and DTD)
Rooms are spacious and clean and overall I found it to be a really nice resort.
I travelled with my parents, sister and niece and found it was good for all of us.
Have a good time wherever you choose to stay!

RAIDER
11-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Ive stayed there twice and its worth the upgrade.
The resort is so relaxing and they have large private pools .The food hall is excellent.
Ive stayed at Barbados and Trinidad South which are both opposite ends from the food court so if you dont have a car its a bit of a walk .

If you do have a car the Barbados is best as its nearest to the entrance ....

Have fun :thumbsup:

BraddyB
11-07-2008, 12:35 PM
We stayed there in October...and loved it..We had a water view in Jamica couldnt have asked for a better room. At night its very calm and relaxing. If ya want to see some pics of the place pm me and I will send them to you.

brian2000boston
11-07-2008, 12:45 PM
It is a pretty resort and we would stay there agian when our DS is a little older. With him being 3 at the time it proved to be to BIG a resort. Again it was very nice resort and the staff was courteous. You will like enjoy it.

Disneyfan1971
11-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback...I think I'll try to talk her into staying there...It's only a few hundred dollars more than Pop Century and after all this is a special occasion.!!!

goofygirl67
11-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I've stayed there 6 times in the last 2 years, I guess I like it.
For a decent location try Aruba or Jamaica, it's just a short walk over the bridge to the pool and food court without the extra expense.
If you have a parking lot view that can come in handy, you might just see the fireworks from EPCOT that's just above the trees.

RedSoxFan
11-07-2008, 06:40 PM
We stayed at CBR last month in Barbados. We had a renovated Finding Nemo room. It was nice. It was a walk to the food court; but not really that bad. It's a beautiful resort and I would stay there again. The kids loved the pool.

Disneyfan1971
11-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Ohhh Finding Nemo----my wife would SO love that and we'd both like the Pirate themed rooms too...I think we'll end up staying here. How far is it from Epcot? Thanks again

BugeyedMuggy
11-08-2008, 07:14 AM
It is directly behind EPCOT so you have to drive around EPCOT to get there. We stayed at CBR once. The staff seemed a little less freindly than at other resorts, and the transportation is much worse than any other resort we'v stayed at and that is including the campgrounds. That said, it is a beautiful resort. We had alot of fun on the beaches and renting a pontoon boat. I would suggest renting a car.

brewcrew26
11-08-2008, 10:54 AM
We stayed at CBR for our honeymoon and loved it. The CMs were all very nice. We had a corner, king bedroom in Trinidad North that overlooked the bay. It was a 2-3 minute walk to the food court and shops at OPR. The pool was being renovated when we were there but we liked the village pool. It was quiet and lots of chairs. We'd definitely go back especially now that they have the themed rooms.

anneo
11-08-2008, 01:13 PM
We stayed there in September for our honeymoon. The only negative we found with the resort is you had to wait a while for a bus going to the Magic Kingdom. We ended up just catching a bus to Epcot and taking the monorail. The staff was wonderful and friendly, and the resort is huge.

RedSoxFan
11-08-2008, 04:23 PM
When we were there last month, we only had one problem with the busses. We waited 1 hour, yes an hour, for a bus to DD. Other than that, we had no problems.

pixiesmimi
11-09-2008, 08:09 PM
DH and I stayed there in 2007 for our Anniversary. We loved it. We stayed in Aruba and it was just across the bridge from OPR. Our room had a view of the water and the quiet pool. We never had to wait very long for a bus. Good food court. I think you will like it.

Auntie
11-11-2008, 10:58 AM
We visited this resort 3 times last week. We originally had a reservation in POR RIverside(Magnolia Bend area)...after checking out after one day(the room was FILTHY..disgusting)...and the manager not able to place us into the newer, recently refurbished Aligator Bayou area until 5 pm the following day. Loosing yet another day..we checked out and went to the WL. We have stayed there often and figured we knew what we were getting with that resort. All that being said...we visited the Caribbean Beach resort, as we enjoy the food court there. We took a stroll of the grounds and found them beautiful. Everthing is freshly painted, bright and cheeful. The rooms that we did get a gander at (peaked through a couple of rooms with open blinds:secret:) looked very nice..and CLEAN.
The new pool is twice the size it used to be. The resort offers a water play area, complete with it's own slide for the kiddies. There is a bucket that pours out water. Takes alot of the little ones out of the main themed pool. Was a great idea, and oh..the mained themed pool now has TWO slides. Each village offers it's own quiet pool. If I were to choose a moderate, I would most definetly choose Caribbean Beach. You may consider choosing one of the preferred village rooms on either side of the Old Por Royale...as they are closer to the Food Court and Pool area. They are Martinique, and Trinidad North. I do believe there is slight additional charge for these locations, but to me would be worth it.
Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

bretski99
11-17-2008, 09:24 PM
We stayed in Trinidad North (at the suggestion of our travel agent) and thought it was perfect! The building was really close to the bus stop, and just a short 3 minute walk across the parking lot to Old Port Royale. It had a pool in the back that hardly had anyone in it (granted, it was December and sort of chilly but we're from Seattle - it was balmy to us). I've heard complaints about the food court but it depends, I guess, on what you are after. We are the kind of family that eats a light breakfast and takes off early, so the food court was perfect for us. We used the snacks on our dining plan, and we were good to go.

We never had an issue with the busses there (some folks say the bus service is slow). You have to take the approach that you get to the parks when you get there. I don't think, from the time we got to the bus stop to the time we got to a park, that it ever took more than 30 minutes, and that was during Christmas. Now, we always left first thing in the morning (like right at 7:00 when the busses started running). If you tried to go at 8:30 or 9:00, I'd guess it would be a little more crowded.

Anyway, just food for thought.

pcoleman
11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Everyone says this is a large resort, can anyone compare it to another so I can get an idea? How does it compare with say POP?

CaptSmee
11-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Everyone says this is a large resort, can anyone compare it to another so I can get an idea? How does it compare with say POP?

Caribbean Beach has 2112 rooms compared to Pop's 2880. They are close to the same size. Pops is a little more centralized while Caribbean Beach is spread out around a lake.

I have stayed there 3 times now, and never had a bad room. This past trip we had a great room in Barbados that was right near a quiet pool and a bus stop. The lobby was a 10 minute walk. The new pool/spa are a huge improvement over what they had there before and you can see Illuminations from the bridge near Old Port Royale.

felix18
11-18-2008, 11:27 AM
And son't forget that you can see the light show from Epcot by going down to the bridge at 9pm!! We have stayed at CBR twice and love it there (one of my favorite resorts). It is a spread out resort but not too hard to walk around, it is a very pretty resort and the rooms are bigger than Pop. I found it well worth the difference in price. I am not a "younger" person and had no problem with the walking and did not have any issues with the bus except for DD. Have a great trip:mickey: