PDA

View Full Version : What time does ME pick-up to take you back?

Minniefan68
11-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Our flight leaves MCO at about 2:30. What time should I expect ME to pick us up at our resort? What's the general rule of thumb for return trips?

We leave in 9 days. WOO-HOO!

kdsjjb
11-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Usually about three hours before your flight time.

pink
11-06-2008, 05:54 PM
If your flight leaves at 2:30 then they will pick you up at 11:30 am. It usually three hours before the flight leaves so it gives you plenty of time.

They will leave a notice on your door the night before explaining where and when to be ready for the ME pick up. Have a great trip. :mickey:

BigRedDad
11-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Just a note, they say 3 hours, but they actually show up 15 minutes before that in many cases. Be sure to be there waiting more than 3 hours before your flight.

Piglet822
11-06-2008, 07:49 PM
DME pickup times are approximately 2 3/4 to 3 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure time.
You should receive a confirmation letter on your door one day prior to checkout. Each resort has specific pickup time and this should be listed on the letter you receive. If it is not, please call the number on your letter for your pickup time. The buses are unable to wait since there are usually several pickups that each bus must do.
I see by your signature you will be staying at the Beach Club. This is usually the 2nd stop of a 4 stop route.

TheRustyScupper
11-07-2008, 02:35 PM
1) OK.
2) The rule is a pick-up is 3-hrs prior to departure.
3) This can go as long a 3½ hrs.
. . . the busses run twice hourly to each resort
. . . they are scheduled (eg. 5-min after / 25-min before the hour)
. . . so, your flight might be 4:10pm
. . . your bus scheduled could be 20-after/ 10-before the hour
. . . so, you could be scheduled at 12:50pm
. . . 3-hrs, taken backed to the last pick-up time
4) In addition, you need to be at the bus stop 15-20 minutes prior to pick-up time.
5) The driver does not wait for you.
6) The bus leaves on-schedule, with or without you. *

* This sounds rude, but if they waited 5-minutes each atop (up to four per route) by the end of the day, that are running really late. This can then cause another guest to miss a flight.

Beckybalz
11-07-2008, 03:45 PM
In my opinion, the pick up time is just another good reason to rent a car!

Minniefan68
11-07-2008, 08:38 PM
For the $ it would cost to get transportation i.e. van rental company, it might be worth it not to be hanging around the airport so long.

If for some reason our flight is delayed, that means we'll be at MCO EVEN LONGER. With 4 kids under 7, that's a mini-nightmare.

Piglet822
11-07-2008, 10:13 PM
. . . the busses run twice hourly to each resort

There are also times dispatch won't send a bus to a resort because no reservations are showing so if you miss your scheduled bus there is no guarantee there will be one 30 minutes later, or if there will be room for you if there is one.
And as Rusty mentioned, we are not trying to sound harsh but this is the reality of DME. I drove a DME bus for 3 years and I've probably encountered almost every situation imaginable.

TheRustyScupper
11-08-2008, 01:09 AM
. . . I drove a DME bus for 3 years and I've probably encountered almost every situation imaginable . . .

Ah, the fond memories.
. . . driving a PARCO (golf cart) down the street
. . . trying to catch up with a DME bus
. . . at 2:35AM
. . . family couldn't get up on time
. . . family never called ahead to get a ride from their villa
. . . bus was missed
. . . bus was out of the resort gates and going down the road
. . . we were flashing lights and honking horn
. . . the DME bus did stop
. . . family made it on the correct bus
. . . as for the PARCO driver, no tip was given

WDWFanatic
11-08-2008, 09:25 AM
While the three hours does seem like too early, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Last time we took DME our bus was so crowded not everyone could get on it, and they had to send another bus.

We didn't really have long to wait once we got to the airport. But we also fly Southwest and have to take care of our own bags.

GoofyFan630
11-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Ah, the fond memories.
. . . driving a PARCO (golf cart) down the street
. . . trying to catch up with a DME bus
. . . at 2:35AM
. . . family couldn't get up on time
. . . family never called ahead to get a ride from their villa
. . . bus was missed
. . . bus was out of the resort gates and going down the road
. . . we were flashing lights and honking horn
. . . the DME bus did stop
. . . family made it on the correct bus
. . . as for the PARCO driver, no tip was given

Sad thing is, the DME driver probably didn't get anything either :(

BigRedDad
11-09-2008, 01:44 PM
If for some reason our flight is delayed, that means we'll be at MCO EVEN LONGER. With 4 kids under 7, that's a mini-nightmare.

Our flight from MCO was delayed for 2 hours. We waited 4 hours for our flight. It was not a horrible 4 hours, but I would have rather been on my way already or at WDW longer. What even made it worse, we landed and had to wait another hour to get to the gate because of lightening.