PDA

View Full Version : **WOW** January to June Discount!!! (booking extended to March 29th)

Tink1
11-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Travel Dates: Jan. 4 – April 4 and April 19 – June 27, 2009
Booking dates: 11/6-3/29/09

Codes for 7 night stay
Magic Your Way.................... RWZ
MYW + Quickserve Dining..........WTY
MYW + Basic Dining.................RXA
MYW + Deluxe Dining................MPL

Now with three extra days to play,
there’s never been a better time for some Disney Magic.
But hurry, you must book by 12/20/08!

Enjoy 7 nights in a Disney Resort, plus 7 Day Magic Your Way Base Tickets
all for the price of a 4-night package with 4 day base tickets!

Package Includes:
4 nights at a Disney Resort Hotel
4 Day Magic Your Way Base Tickets (provides one admission per day to one Walt Disney World® Theme Park)
FREE! 3 nights at a Disney Resort Hotel

5 Night Minimum Length of Stay
Stay 5 nights and get ONE FREE night
Stay 6 nights and get TWO FREE nights
Stay 7 nights and get THREE FREE nights
BONUS: Travel Between 1/4/08 and 3/29/08 and receive a $200 Gift Card!
Keepsake Walt Disney Travel Company luggage tag (one per person)

Request Pricing Now! (https://www.magicaljourneystravel.com/quote_request.html)

Terms and Conditions:

Blackout Dates:
Moderate Resorts 1/13-1/18/09
Deluxe Resorts 5/26-6/1/09
DVC Resorts 1/4-1/11/09, 2/10-2/15/09

Price is based on 2 adults, 1 junior and 1 child. Offer available for most nights 1/4-6/27/09 in a standard room at a Select Disney Value Resort (other resorts available at a higher price) The number of packages allocated for this offer is limited. Theme Park tickets are for one Theme Park per day (hopper upgrade available for additional cost) and must be used within 14 days. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required.

DrivingSideways
11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Let me just say... YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Oh my goodness, I am excited!

BiloxiMom
11-06-2008, 05:05 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud 9::party::party::party:

Our trip just got a whole lot better!!!!

jonah'smom
11-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Woohoo! I may have to delay my trip a few days! This would be better than being there on my birthday to get the free admission or gift card! YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!

WDWFanatic
11-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Glad to see the deal came through. Now to try to wait patiently and see if Kathy at MJ can get us the code and if it will work for our trip.

Zimkeeper
11-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Is the Dining Plan also discounted (7 days for the price of 4) or is that added on at full price?

tink179
11-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I am hoping to get an e-mail soon from Denise at MJ saying here's your discount! It should save us over $300!!! :cloud9: I hope I get that e-mail soon!!! I will say I was kinda sad to not get that waterpark and more upgrade though! We've never done that, and would only do it if it was free. Oh well, FREE is FREE! :mickey: Yay!!!:mickey:

tink179
11-06-2008, 05:35 PM
The only thing I didn't like about the new promotion is it seems like Disney Visa cardholders don't get any deals like it seems like they have in the past. It seems it's available to everyone right away. My dh and I got the card, because in the past we've missed out on deals, because when they've become available to the public there wasn't any rooms left for the deal. So, we got the card to make sure we were always able to jump right on the deals. Not that I'm not happy with the savings I am. Oh well, I shouldn't complain I still get to go to Disney and I will hopefully be saving $300! :mickey:

danicafan
11-06-2008, 05:48 PM
So do we have to wait until tomorrow to call Disney. I am hoping it works out for us, our trip is already booked so I gotta figure out our savings. We already have park tickets past years with no expiration so we only had a 1 day base tix on ours so we could get the dining plan as well.

r4kids
11-06-2008, 05:48 PM
We are booked!!!! 2 rooms in the Pirate themed rooms at Caribbean Beach! I am so excited! I was so upset this morning after canceling our Jan trip due to no P&PP dates. We have never done this and really wanted to this year. We are beyond thrilled :)

cal5755
11-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Glad to see the deal came through. Now to try to wait patiently and see if Kathy at MJ can get us the code and if it will work for our trip.

Me too!! My mom's birthday is June 15th!!! The kids get out of school before that so it would be an awesome end of school surprise!!

I am going to give a HUGE thank you and high five to Kathy and everyone else at MJ..... they are going to be so so so so busy with this awesome offer!!!

caryrae
11-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Would be cool if we can get the same deal the last half of the year. We are going Sept 25-Oct 3rd 2009. Can't complain to much right now I am saving about $300 using AAA on a room-only reservation.

Pretty cool you could get 7 for 4, $200 gift card and even free admission for birthdays.

Sunshine1010
11-06-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm assuming that if you are an AP holder, it wouldn't be the best deal?

tink179
11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
It says on the Disney site it's available Nov. 6-December 20. So, I think it's a go now. Did you see where there's also a $200 gift card at check-in?? I missed that the first time around!!!

danicafan
11-06-2008, 06:26 PM
On hold with Disney now. I tried booking online and doing my exact same package I have now it reflects a $500 savings. So hopefully they can change my existing reservation. Been holding for 20 minutes now. Will update when finished with call

DisneyBabies
11-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I am so excited about this! I can't wait to get a call from Kathy @ MJ!

Congratulations to everyone who can use this great discount!

Nurse Kim
11-06-2008, 06:48 PM
I got online to see what the big announcement was and already had an email from Debbie at MJ. Our dates were for 11 nights but there is a 10 night limit. We are more than happy to drop one day off our stay to save 3 nights stay plus get $200 gift card. The gift card covers the kids souveniers. YAYYYYYYY!:party::party:

wickedwitch
11-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Just called and added the discount to my package and saved 800.00!!.what a wonderful surprise!

danicafan
11-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Just finished up with Disney and I saved $407.78 on my package plus I am getting a $200 gift card!!! Yippee!! My mom and sister saved the same amount plus they each get the $200 gift card. :mickey:

Nurse Kim
11-06-2008, 07:29 PM
It's official we saved over 900 and get to stay 10 nights plus we get the 200 gift card. My DH will be thrilled

WDWFanatic
11-06-2008, 07:39 PM
It's official we saved over 900 and get to stay 10 nights plus we get the 200 gift card. My DH will be thrilled

How are you getting this to work for 10 nights. We were hoping to stay for 11 put the package is for 7. Wouldn't it be nice to increase it to 14!

goofygirl67
11-06-2008, 08:15 PM
I take it there is no room only discount out yet?

PixiePrincess
11-06-2008, 08:15 PM
We are so excited, my husband is booking our trip as I am typing this! This is a great deal! WooHoo! :party:

Nini
11-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Wow - what a great deal!! We heard from Karen and we've saved $600, plus we're getting the $200 gift card!!!! Excellant!!!

Denise :mickey:

DisneyBabies
11-06-2008, 08:35 PM
We are saving almost $800 on our stay and getting the $200 gift card. We are so excited!

LuvsTigger80
11-06-2008, 09:02 PM
we saved $600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so excited.:mickey::mickey:

jonah'smom
11-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Got my email from Karen at MJ!!!! We changed some dates around (were checking in on 1/2/09 but delayed to 1/4 to take advantage of the special!) upgraded from Pop to POR and added an extra night on for only $186 more. Plus we get the $200 gift card as well!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I won't be there on my actual birthday now, but this was a much better trade off!!!!!

Magical Journeys ROCKS!!!! Thanks Karen!!!!

KronkHere
11-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Just heard from Karen at MJ, she applied the discount and saved us $769. DW will be so happy, now she can splurge and afford to buy that second Dole Whip during the week stay..... Big kudos to Karen-she is awesome!!!

:pirate::princess::balloon::balloon:

mickey&missy
11-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Were saving $1200, no joke!! Plus the $200 gift card!!! And we're staying a few extra days to take advantage of the deal!! And I'm saving $190 on airfare changing the day we come home!!

I could kiss Kathy at MJ!!!!

houseofmouse103
11-06-2008, 09:58 PM
I just need to start signing my paychecks over to Disney. We'll be getting off the Magic on Dec. 27th, driving back home (660 miles) only to turn back around 3 weeks later (1/18/09) and staying for a week at Pop Century. I've been needing a Walt Disney World fix and we are not going to be able to visit before or after the cruise, plus I couldn't pass up the deal. 7 nights hotel accommodations and 8 day park hopper tickets for under a grand! WooHoo!!!!!!

the other micki
11-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Yipppeeee! My party of 7 will be saving over $800! Thanks, Kathy from MJ! :woohoo:

sacandjac
11-06-2008, 10:29 PM
We had 4 rooms for a Grand Gathering at Coronado Springs. We were able to bump up to AKL and each room saved approximately 300.00. We are super excited. Thank you Melissa at MJ!!:thumbsup:

Tinkerbell2BE
11-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh my goodness! I just went from off property to ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!

glenpreece
11-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Everyone is going nuts over this deal!!! I switched over a client to this deal and saved her and her family $430 plus they now get the gift card!!!!

Disneyfan1971
11-06-2008, 11:11 PM
How trustworthy is this site?

Back in June I booked through a discount hotel site for a place in Fort Lauderdale..well when we got there, the room was disgusting (not that this will happen at WDW) but we tried to get out of the room and well, we had a difficult time.

My question is..if we book through this particular discount site how does WDW resort get the information? Will we have a room? Any help with this will be greatly appreciated :)

r4kids
11-06-2008, 11:18 PM
We are saving $1606 for our party of 8- 4 adults, 4 kids and $400 in giftcards (2 cards). We are so thrilled with this deal. I even made all of our dining ressies and we got everything we wanted.

r4kids
11-06-2008, 11:21 PM
How trustworthy is this site?

Back in June I booked through a discount hotel site for a place in Fort Lauderdale..well when we got there, the room was disgusting (not that this will happen at WDW) but we tried to get out of the room and well, we had a difficult time.

My question is..if we book through this particular discount site how does WDW resort get the information? Will we have a room? Any help with this will be greatly appreciated :)

I highly advise contacting Disney directly or Magical Journeys. I would not trust an unknown site. Magical Journeys charges your card directly through Disney. I have never heard of a problem with them. I also would book quickly, I imagine this will book up very quickly.

Disneyfan1971
11-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the advice...right now we don't have the money to book anything. What I want is a quote from magical journeys but have to put in all the information. It's not like Disney's site where you can just get a normal quote.

Tink1
11-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the advice...right now we don't have the money to book anything. What I want is a quote from magical journeys but have to put in all the information. It's not like Disney's site where you can just get a normal quote.

No, we are real people doing real pricing. :D We are not an automated booking engine.

We are an authorized Disney Vacation Planner, a designation given to us by Disney in recognition of our dedication to them. We do not charge your card, Disney does. You get the actual confirmation from Disney, with their number, not ours. If you are uncomfortable though, contact Disney. We want you to feel secure.

We are happy to give anyone a quote, but we do ask that if you are already booked somewhere and have no intention of booking with us, please contact whoever you booked with. The agents work on commission and do not get paid for quotes, they only get paid for bookings that travel. I do not know anyone who likes to work and not get paid.

If you wish to transfer a reservation made directly with Disney, let us know. We cannot assume reservations from other agencies though.

By supporting us, you support Intercot as well. :thumbsup:

Nanci

tink179
11-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I just got my e-mail from Denise at Magical Journeys and she saved us a little over $300, and then we get the $200 gift card at check in as well!!! Thanks Denise!!! How is everyone else saving $800 and up????? What were you spending before? :mickey: Here's celebrating to a great deal! :party:

Disneyfan1971
11-06-2008, 11:55 PM
We haven't booked with anyone yet..My wife won't have the money until sometime in December..right now we're getting ideas..on where to stay. After all this is our true honeymoon since we didn't get to take one in 2004 (when we got married).

This is our honeymoon/Christmas/Birthday/5th year wedding anniversary to each other :)

Thank you though...Oh and I asked for a quote :)

Tink1
11-07-2008, 12:05 AM
We haven't booked with anyone yet..My wife won't have the money until sometime in December..right now we're getting ideas..on where to stay. After all this is our true honeymoon since we didn't get to take one in 2004 (when we got married).

This is our honeymoon/Christmas/Birthday/5th year wedding anniversary to each other :)

Thank you though...Oh and I asked for a quote :)

Great! :) congratulations!

We honeymooned in WDW. The Polynesian Resort in 1984. Price back then was $115 a night and was a stretch for us! My how things have changed. (except that the Poly is still s stretch for us!)

Enjoy your trip!

Nanc

Disneyfan1971
11-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks again.

The last time I stayed at a resort was the Polynesian in 1980!!!! Of course there was only that, Contemporary and the other hotel...but I loved the Polynesian.

I am looking forward to our trip.

Gator
11-07-2008, 01:16 AM
I gotta say that this totally STINKS! I'm going the second week of December and there's not one freakin discount. It's gotta be the only non-holiday week in the last 18 months that didn't get some kind of a discount. It's almost like Disney zeroed in on me and said, "Give everyone else a discount." I'm gonna have to stop reading these boards, cause it just gets me mad. It's not a pleasant feeling watching everyone go to the same place, stay in nicer places, and for hundreds less. AAAAAHHHHH!

Well that felt good.

javamama
11-07-2008, 02:32 AM
Not to sound unhappy about this but I hope they give it the people staying in the suites too. I have to call tomorrow, if not I'm going to be so :mad: I've been playing w/dates and since there is one room in the whole Poly I can't see if they're doing this for the suites. I see it's being honored for club level, which is great so hopefully--what a huge savings for everyone:thumbsup: This will save upwards of thousands for us if it holds true to the suites, otherwise I may downgrade to a club level room in the GF this time.

Harriet
11-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Oh Boy WoW sure hope they offer something like this for next December. Even though I have a good deal already with my AAA discount. I am sure if one POP's Kathy at MJ will jump on it. They more then likly won't offer anything for that time period until after this one ends. Hope is all I can do. Good luck to all who can take advanage of this offer.

JohnLea
11-07-2008, 06:16 AM
What a great early Christmas gift for us! We missed out on the 4+3 discount some years ago and thought we would never see something similar again. Let me also say that Kathy at Magical Journeys is awesome!--she had applied the discount for our planned trip before I had a chance to find out about the promo.:cloud9:

mermaidmarian
11-07-2008, 06:47 AM
So happy for you all; it sounds like there are some fantastic discounts for the first half of next year. I am beyond bummed though, as looking ahead to our household economic climate, it feels way too uncertain for us to splurge this year. Waaaaaaa :(

While it would be great if the offer were extended to the latter part of the coming year, it is necessitated by the anxieties in households such as ours - if Disney doesn't have a need to make such an offer later in the year, that should mean that things have improved economically overall. I'll forego a Disney vacation discount for that outcome, any day. :thumbsup:

Bon Voyage everyone! :mickey:

offwego
11-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Dumb question, but if we have ap's but booked this deal and didn't use the room cards for entry into the parks would the tickets still be good? (ie we never "activated" the entry part)

If so it would be a good way to save for the following years admission for us. (and to add some dining options on for a trip as well)

thanks in advance.

princessesmom
11-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Is it possible to just pay for 1 day tickets with this deal or do you have to get the 4 day tickets? We already have tickets from a prior trip, so if we have to buy tickets again I don't think this will be saving any money. But if we can just get everyone a one day ticket it should definitely save us some money. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Crystal
11-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Sweet!

I just booked our trip for May!!

Dulcee
11-07-2008, 09:09 AM
I just got this email from disney. And its when my DBF and I are going. He needs to call our travel agent immediatly. Does anyone know if this can be applied to existing reservations?? We're going in June and just made our reservation maybe two weeks ago...

poohspal
11-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi!

I am so excited! When I heard about this last night, I called Disney. We already had a reservation for WL 2/17-2/24. They were able to adjust our res for this deal. We saved over $1300! Our confirmation number stayed the same, and our ADRs too.

Good luck everyone. Thank you Disney!

Liz

Coccinelle
11-07-2008, 09:18 AM
This deal is not available for the campground reservations...:sad:

caryrae
11-07-2008, 10:29 AM
I wonder if they are doing this because of the "Celebrate You" celebration next year and later in the year they will have the same discounts for those of us going in the last part of the year:fingers:. Seems wierd they would have such a big discount for the 1st half and not the 2nd half unless it's because of the holidays.

InLikeSin
11-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Wow! I just got off the phone with reservations and we will get $430 dollars back plus the gift card. We already are getting a gift from disney because we'll be there for my birthday. We are still 98 days away but this trip has already been exciting! :cloud9:

January-2007
11-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I can't believe how amazing this deal is, it blows my mind! I wish it was this good a deal two years ago, then maybe we could have stayed at the Polynesian for our honeymoon instead of Pop Century! Oh well. We're already going in May so I guess I shouldn't complain, but wow do I wish we had the funds to go in January and stay in the Polynesian! What an amazing deal!!!!! :mickey:

College... :secret:

mermaidmarian
11-07-2008, 11:26 AM
I wonder if they are doing this because of the "Celebrate You" celebration next year and later in the year they will have the same discounts for those of us going in the last part of the year:fingers:. Seems wierd they would have such a big discount for the 1st half and not the 2nd half unless it's because of the holidays.

Not likely. The discount is being offered to encourage reservations and longer stays. Disney has not had to offer incentives like this since 2003, and are doing so now after disappointing 3rd quarter earnings and a precipitous drop in reservations for the early part of 2009. The press release from Bob Iger is being discussed here: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=145390

ariel03
11-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Ok I have been reading around and as I understand it you can do this but wanted to ask here if it was really possible.

You buy 4 days resort
1 day park ticket

you get 7 day resort
1 day + 3 free ticket
plus $200 gift card

Tink1
11-07-2008, 11:51 AM
No, to get the 3 free park days you need to purchase a 4 day base ticket.

nanc

Madzac
11-07-2008, 12:26 PM
We had already budgeted the money so for only about 35 dollars more our family is upgrading to the WL!!! That has been my dream forever!! :cloud9: Thank you Wendy and MJ!!!:):) What a great deal, I didnt think I could ever stay there!

bobpfef
11-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow, I would really like to get this, but it isn't working out for us. We had POR Jan 7 -20, but we have to split it to get the deal, and it turns out we can't get Jan 11 even at the full rack rate because of the Marathon. Mega bummer.
Still working with MJ to hopefully get something, but I already told the wife she'd get a $200 gift card and she'll be bummed if she didn't :(

Pixie Power
11-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Woo Hoo Hoo! I just booked us for the day my girls get out of school next June! We're doing 7-Nights @ the Beach Club. Then we're going to :car: on over to Vero Beach for 4-Nights. Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

Tink1
11-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Wow, I would really like to get this, but it isn't working out for us. We had POR Jan 7 -20, but we have to split it to get the deal, and it turns out we can't get Jan 11 even at the full rack rate because of the Marathon. Mega bummer.
Still working with MJ to hopefully get something, but I already told the wife she'd get a $200 gift card and she'll be bummed if she didn't :(

And trust me, you have more than one agent trying for you! There is just nothing at Riverside no matter what combo we work on. Marathon weekend and MLK weekend are monkeying up the works. We are really trying though.

nanc

Mousefever
11-07-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm trying not to bug poor Wendy, because I know she's really busy and I only emailed her 45 minutes ago. But I'm sitting here refreshing my inbox every 30 seconds to see if she's replied yet. I'm sure there are a ton of people in line before me. I'm just on pins and needles!!!

Amy

Tink1
11-07-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm trying not to bug poor Wendy, because I know she's really busy and I only emailed her 45 minutes ago. But I'm sitting here refreshing my inbox every 30 seconds to see if she's replied yet. I'm sure there are a ton of people in line before me. I'm just on pins and needles!!!

Amy

Yes, we are all working as fast as we can to get back to everyone. We do appreciate your patience.

The Disney computer system is bogging down and running slower than we like, so we know how you feel waiting!

(Right now I am sitting on hold yet again, so thought I would check the boards)

Nanc

Mousefever
11-07-2008, 02:41 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with the slow down, but I just received an email from Disney about the offer. It may be that a lot more people are now jumping on it.

ewasilau
11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Just an FYI - if you booked through AAA they can apply the new promo too. We're only going for 5 nights so we're not saving much more over the original AAA discount (just $100) but when you throw in the $200 gift card, it's a nice little savings. Wish we could stay longer!

chechas
11-07-2008, 03:37 PM
I am so excited! When I saw this offer I called up my best friend and we decided to do a girls only trip for a week to Disney. We originally planned to go to Europe but with the economy and air prices, we knew that was a no go. So instead we will hit the cities of Europe via EPCOT World Showcase! LOL!

Will be there end of March in one of the new Pirate Themed rooms at CBR!! Our dates are just in time to still qualify for the $200 gift card! Can't wait! Thanks Terrisue!!

ewasilau
11-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know if the $200 gift card can be used for anything? Just merchandise? Anywhere in the parks? Can you use it for food?

chechas
11-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Quote from the Disney website:
"The Disney Gift Card can be used at select participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disney Store locations in the US, and Disneyshopping.com. It is not redeemable for cash, will not be replaced if lost or stolen without required proof of purchase and it is subject to the terms and conditions of the Disney Gift Card Program. The Disney Gift Card is issued by Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. Gift cards may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney Dollars or Disney Gift Cards. Other restrictions may apply. Use of gift card is acceptance of its terms and conditions. Visit DisneyGiftCard.com for more information about the Disney Gift Card program"

Henninghan
11-07-2008, 05:43 PM
already have a trip booked January 14-21st, called disney for a price adjustment they said they cant do it because its already booked up??

Nurse Kim
11-07-2008, 05:51 PM
How are you getting this to work for 10 nights. We were hoping to stay for 11 put the package is for 7. Wouldn't it be nice to increase it to 14!

We had originally been booked for 11 nights but Debbie at MJ told me they have a 10 night limit on this deal so we are paying for 7 nights but staying for 10.

NewmanFamily6
11-07-2008, 05:55 PM
"already have a trip booked January 14-21st, called disney for a price adjustment they said they cant do it because its already booked up??"

Oh darn am I too late? I just requested a quote tonight for some June dates:( Well maybe they will come out with some other deals I guess.

Henninghan
11-07-2008, 06:11 PM
"already have a trip booked January 14-21st, called disney for a price adjustment they said they cant do it because its already booked up??"

Oh darn am I too late? I just requested a quote tonight for some June dates:( Well maybe they will come out with some other deals I guess.

i'm not sure..but i'm upset i missed out on this.

Mousefever
11-07-2008, 08:24 PM

Amy

Wendy totally got back to me within the next half hour. She's awesome!

princessgirls
11-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I'M SO EXCITED!!!

WE ARE SAVING $500 AND GETTING THE GIFT CARD!

Good News today! I really never expected ANY kind of deal for March.

Although, I'd like to upgrade, I'm keeping my reservation at the Pop. We are hardly in the room, I did however add the waterpark and fun option. Something we have never done!
In this economy, I'm all for a good savings. The $200 combined with what I will cash out from my Disney Rewards will mean no out of pocket expenses once we land at MCO. Beautiful!
THANK YOU DISNEY!
Julie:mickey:

Hallomagic
11-07-2008, 09:35 PM
We did have a ressie for POFQ for 5 nights but they could not apply discount (no availability left in moderate or in value for our dates of travel).

So we paid $239 additional but now staying for 7 nights and upgraded to Animal Kingdom w/2 extra hopper days and 2 extra days for dining. Plus I get the $200 gift card so I think we made out well!

:thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
11-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Man! I wish they would come up with something like this for next August when we are planning to go. Guess we can still hope, huh? :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Wow! This is awesome!

We saved over $600 on our May trip. And even though I *really* want to upgrade to a Deluxe, with the economy how it us, we're just super-happy to be going...and the money will make a BIG difference!

Disneyfan1971
11-07-2008, 11:55 PM
We have a quote and now deciding on whether to stay at Pop Century or Carribean Beach---I mean we're not going to be in the room hardly, except to sleep. As far as the distance to the parks, I'm not really concerned with that---we'll have all day (in some cases) with Extra Magic Hours. I just wanted to think the specialist who contacted me :)

mkymouse0206
11-08-2008, 12:19 AM
I am sooo excited!! We had 6 nights booked in July at the Beach Club, but just called Disney and changed the dates to June...added an extra night and saved $106!!!!!:yay::party2:Never thought I would see a summer discount. :cloud9:

Disneyfan1971
11-08-2008, 12:34 AM
That's pretty cool :) By going through here we're going to save a bundle...Just hope there are rooms available..as we can't pay for the trip yet..but when we DO get the money we're paying for it in full.

bobpfef
11-08-2008, 12:36 AM
And trust me, you have more than one agent trying for you! There is just nothing at Riverside no matter what combo we work on. Marathon weekend and MLK weekend are monkeying up the works. We are really trying though.

nanc

I want to thank Wendy for the great job she did getting us in. We had to move the last three days of our vacation to a cabin at Fort Wilderness, but we did get the first 10 days in a POR. For awhile there I was really worried, looking at moving our flight to different days and forgetting about doing the marathon, but all is well now, but I am think a cabin at FW will be pretty neat. MJ is great!!!

Disneyfan1971
11-08-2008, 12:44 AM
A bit off subject...when is Marathon weekend?

Tinkerbelly84
11-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I was planning a trip for the end of april anyway and now we can stay even longer then we had planned. :thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
11-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I've already gotten a quote (...thanks Wendy), but this is just a curiosity question.

When they say get 4 days and get 3 free. ....does the '3 free' include the room, tickets and food?...or just the room?

KathyMJ
11-08-2008, 12:28 PM
If you are on the Disney Dining plan, the dining plan portion is not free on your free nights. You will still pay for that portion of the package.

DisneyBabies
11-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I just want to say a huge :thanks: to Kathy and everyone else at MJ! You guys work so hard to make sure we get every bit of (monetary) magic out of our vacations and we all really appreciate your willingness to make all those calls to get the discounts for as many of us a possible. And you deal with all of our e-mails and questions with great humor and promptness, which can't always be easy.

We love you guy and thanks again!

LuvsTigger80
11-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I just want to say a huge :thanks: to Kathy and everyone else at MJ! You guys work so hard to make sure we get every bit of (monetary) magic out of our vacations and we all really appreciate your willingness to make all those calls to get the discounts for as many of us a possible. And you deal with all of our e-mails and questions with great humor and promptness, which can't always be easy.

We love you guy and thanks again!

:ditto:

Catzle
11-08-2008, 05:11 PM
You pay for 4 nights lodging and 4 day park pass and get three nights free and three free days of park passes. Food not included in this deal.

Sunshine1010
11-08-2008, 06:29 PM
So, for an AP holder, the only discount would be 3 free nights of lodging....correct?

If that's correct - thanks! I just wanted to see if I was understanding everything correctly!

Maryln8
11-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm so happy,:cloud9: not only did I get an extra night I saved 1602.00$ Eight of us are going to have a fabulous time in June at the Beach Club Villas! I never thought we would ever get a discount.

Mousefever
11-08-2008, 09:17 PM
We're staying at Pop from 3/28 to 4/4!! I didn't think that Disney was in the cards for 2009 until this deal came out. Yeah!!!

Amy

iheartdisney
11-09-2008, 09:47 AM
This discount is what pushed us (ok, not us but my husband...I'd go to WDW anytime, just name your price!) over the fence. We just booked our trip for the end of May and I'm thrilled!!!!! Don't know how much we saved because we didn't already have anything booked, nor were we looking seriously into it. Let's just say the quote came in a couple thousand less than what we thought it would be and was very comfortably within our budget! Thank you, thank you, thank you Debbie at Magical Journeys! Our visits to WDW are definitely more magical since you started handling our vacation plans! :angel:

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
11-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow! That's a great deal!! That place though, is going to be even more packed this summer than it usually is.

garymacd
11-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Just booked our trip! Eight days, seven nights for the six of us at Old Key West. For the price of 4!

So excited.

Our oldest daughter's boyfriend is going for the first time - ANYWHERE! Well, he's been to Syracuse and Albany and Niagara Falls.

Disney Doll
11-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Do you know how hard it is to resist booking another trip?! If we hadn't just got back I would be all over this deal. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-09-2008, 01:42 PM
This is terrific. We just booked for my daughter's 13th BD in March. She requested the Poly, but she has no idea we are staying concierge level, lagoon view! So happy that room was open for the dates we wanted. 7 nights, here we come!!

PirateLover
11-09-2008, 04:13 PM
We were planning to hold off until next summer for our honeymoon trip, but this deal is very very tempting. We were thinking about doing some weekend trips this winter to NY and skiing in the Poconos.. but if we cut those out, we could totally afford this! Decisions, decisions....
*Wanted to add that it would've been REALLY sweet if we were getting married THIS june. What a deal!

Disney Doll
11-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Okay so apparently it was way too tempting. I contacted Wendy for a quote. When I showed DH the figure he asked how much for park tickets and airfare. When I told him that figure included park tickets he was sold. We found a good deal on airfare so we booked. We were planning to wait until 2010 for our next trip, but we just couldn't pass this deal up. Yay!!! We're going back in January which is right around the corner! :cloud9:

Ksmith75
11-10-2008, 09:31 AM
I am beyond thrilled with this package, we always stay 9 nights/10 days...this package saved us about $440.00. I was so excited....we were going to book this past weekend and just saw the deal and booked right away... YEAH!!!!:cloud9:

lindique
11-10-2008, 06:13 PM
I just converted my passholder rate to this new package (added a night, but it was well worth it) and saved an additional $160! When you subtract out everything but the room, I just calculated that the moderate hotels are $71 per night!! :D I haven't seen a rate like that in ages! :D:D:D

free_money
11-11-2008, 01:10 AM
This is such an awesome package but I was wondering if it would work for just my DW and I. I noticed that the packages seem to be for a family of four and we are a family of two at the time being. Our anniversary is in June and I would love to take her there.

Tink1
11-11-2008, 08:25 AM
This is such an awesome package but I was wondering if it would work for just my DW and I. I noticed that the packages seem to be for a family of four and we are a family of two at the time being. Our anniversary is in June and I would love to take her there.

Yes, this one works out for 2 as well as for 4. it is mainly a room savings as opposed to a feature (hopping etc) savings.

Nanc

KylesMom
11-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Another shout of thanks out to MJ - and specifically Terrisue - who saved us over $1,000 from our previous AAA room-only ressie for June. We were contemplating switching to a moderate due to '09 room rates, but now we can stay at WL for another year. YAY MJ! :mickey:

This savings does not include the MYW tix we'll apply to our 2010 A/Ps (another $450 that's being included in my room savings computation). I gotta say, this deal is HUGE.

pixiegoose
11-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I just talked to Wendy at MJ and paid our deposit! DH and I are headed back to Pop in February! We didn't have a trip planned (we were hoping to go in 2009 but didn't know when) but when the promotion came out, we asked Wendy for pricing and decided to go for it! :mickey:

2 months and 20 days to go!

MrsAndre
11-11-2008, 01:23 PM
We were able to use the code for our April stay at SSR and saved over $2463!!!!!
I didn't expect them to release any wuite discounts!!!
:cloud9:

bbyee
11-11-2008, 06:26 PM
This really does seem like a great deal - my husband chose WDW as his MBA graduation trip (not necessarily my choice, but that's ok) - and before we even started thinking about the trip, I told him that I wanted to "snoot it up" a bit this time. We're in our late 30s, childfree, and like to "accommodate" and eat well :) The last time I priced our trip looking at a deluxe accommodation with park hopper (no dining plan), it was running about 5k. Just booked with Kathy at MJ tonight (she's awesome :cool:), I wound up booking 6 nights at BC, Club Level, and park hopper option for right around 3K (no dining plan). I figure with the convenience of breakfast and pre-dinner cocktails and snacks, that was pretty darned good!

Oh, trip is in mid-May.

JessPearl
11-12-2008, 12:42 PM
DH and I are so excited! :mickey:

We are going the second week of February and Debbie from MJ let us know that we are saving over $300 plus getting the gift card! :thumbsup: We decided to stay another night so now we are staying 7 nights.....DH actually wanted to upgrade to a Deluxe but I convinced him saving the money would be better plus we love the moderates! I can't believe our trip is less than 3 months away!

poeticeclipse
11-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know if you can use the gift card to pay for behind the scenes tours?

cal5755
11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
We put the deposit down today for mid June.... a surprise for when the kids get out of school!! My moms b-day is the 15th and dd5 is graduating Kindergarden and DS 13 is graduating middle school.... perfect reasons to take this deal and GO!!!!!!!

Daisy712
11-13-2008, 09:22 AM
We booked 7 nights in midJune. We are so excited. We wanted to be there during the Star Wars Weekends and figured there was not going to be any discounts. What a great surprise. We are staying at CBR in one of the pirate rooms. We are so excited.:pirate:

Iluvpooh
11-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know if you can use the gift card to pay for behind the scenes tours?

I'm not sure about that, but I know that you can pay your room charges with it. So, I would suggest charging the tour to your room and then paying your room charges with the gift card.

darth daddy
11-16-2008, 04:56 PM
I have a question regarding the 3 free nights promo. I have a family of six and would need to get two rooms at a value resort. Since I'm getting two rooms, would I get two of the $200 gift cards? Thanks

Coccinelle
11-16-2008, 05:11 PM
I am sooooo confused....my travel agent told me that i can't apply the special to the reservation that i already have for april but when i call Disney(30 minutes ago), they tell me that i can apply the special....what is happening ???

WonderlandsMostWanted
11-16-2008, 07:56 PM

I would guess probably not, seeing as you have to pay for the tours at the time that you book, and you don't get the gift card until check in.

Coccinelle
11-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I am sooooo confused....my travel agent told me that i can't apply the special to the reservation that i already have for april but when i call Disney(30 minutes ago), they tell me that i can apply the special....what is happening ???

My travelling agent called me back. She explained to me that the special is available for the cabins at Fort Wilderness but not the camp sites. Oh well, it is still less expensive to go with the camp site (family of five, can't go to the value hotels) anyway but i am a little disapointed . We are driving and camping so we can afford to do this trip, it was planned before they announce the special, but it would have be a big realief on my budget to get the special.

CU Tiger
11-20-2008, 12:38 PM
We were planning to sit this year out and not go to DW, but we cannot turn down a trip with this special. :blush: DW, here we come again!:thumbsup::mickey:

princessgirls
11-21-2008, 11:31 AM
I had originally booked my trip two months ago for March 21-28. Kids spring break to celebrate my 40th Birthday.... Prices were a lot, so we decided to stay at the POP.

Upgraded today to the French Quarter, price is $800 less than my original price for the trip at the POP.

Thank you Disney!

Julie:mickey:

Dawneeeey
11-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Debbie from MJ is the BEST!! I asked about 60,000 questions and changed my mind 20 times, but in the end I got exactly what I wanted!

CSR for a week for my 40th birthday!! :party:

Nurse Kim
11-23-2008, 05:38 PM
My travelling agent called me back. She explained to me that the special is available for the cabins at Fort Wilderness but not the camp sites. Oh well, it is still less expensive to go with the camp site (family of five, can't go to the value hotels) anyway but i am a little disapointed . We are driving and camping so we can afford to do this trip, it was planned before they announce the special, but it would have be a big realief on my budget to get the special.

I am not sure what your quote is but we are a family of 5 and we are staying 10 nights at POR including our tickets for $3021. We may add the dining plan but if we didn't we could go for around $4000 and that is a great deal.

Coccinelle
11-24-2008, 08:39 AM
I am not sure what your quote is but we are a family of 5 and we are staying 10 nights at POR including our tickets for $3021. We may add the dining plan but if we didn't we could go for around $4000 and that is a great deal.

Hello and thank you for your answer. It helps me to see what it would cost me at an hotel that could accomodate my family. For the campground, it will cost me about 4000 $ ( in canadian money...not in my favor this year!!!) for 10 night at the campground in a tent site with electricity and water,with 10 day tickets (no options) and the dining plan (1 snac, 1 counter service and 1 table service) and the insurance . We are 5 persons, 2 adults, and the kids are 10-8 and 5 (turning 6 on the trip!). We need to add an other 1000 $ at least for the road (driving from Quebec) .

ShanPooh
12-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Just an FYI - if you booked through AAA they can apply the new promo too. We're only going for 5 nights so we're not saving much more over the original AAA discount (just $100) but when you throw in the $200 gift card, it's a nice little savings. Wish we could stay longer!

When you book through AAA, are you able to use the AAA discount and get the free nights???

jonsmom
12-02-2008, 05:40 AM
No. I believe you can only use one discount at a time.

AAA price was the same as WDTC.

cindchan
12-04-2008, 10:18 PM
I saved over $1200 on my Garden View room at the Contemporary (which I've been wanting to stay in). :cloud9:

But something struck me as odd. I couldn't get a seat on the Magic Bus. It simply wouldn't let me reserve it. Has anyone else had this problem? :confused:

Tink1
12-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Booking extended to Jan 24th!

NANC

WDWFanatic
12-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Is it common for Disney to extend their offers? Hmm, maybe I can talk DH to upgrading our hotel....:thumbsup:

Did they not get enough bookings? Since we're going in April I wouldn't mind if the crowds were a little lower than normal ;)

mermaidmarian
12-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Booking extended to Jan 24th!

NANC

Any whispers about the offer being extended into the summer months? (crossing fingers and toes)

ILive4Disney
01-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Ok...usually I can make sense of which is a better deal...but for whatever reason...I can't this time....I always book with Karen at MJ but I like to approach her with some idea of what I want.....I want to go Apr 3-10 and stay in a Value Resort (from what I gather if I check in on the 3rd I can take advantage of the 4/3 deal..if that works out as the best deal)

I will have AP's...

1. Is it true I can just get a one day pass to take advantage of the 4/3?

2. Is it one day per person in the ressie that I need to purchase?

3. Can I save that one day pass or passes for future use when I am in between AP's?

4. Is it likely that AP rates could be cheaper than this during this timeframe? (My wallet likes Value Resorts but my brain disagrees)

I appreciate the help...I can only do this if I budget now.... :mickey:Rachael :mickey:

Tink1
01-04-2009, 12:57 PM
1. Is it true I can just get a one day pass to take advantage of the 4/3?)

Yes it is true

2. Is it one day per person in the ressie that I need to purchase? )

Yes

3. Can I save that one day pass or passes for future use when I am in between AP's?)

Yes.

4. Is it likely that AP rates could be cheaper than this during this timeframe? (My wallet likes Value Resorts but my brain disagrees)

When running the math of the 4+3 package vs the 40% PIN email offer. The 4+3 package has been winning. However, should AP rates be more than 40% off (which does not normally occur) the math would have to be redone to determine.

Hope that helps!

Nanc

ILive4Disney
01-04-2009, 05:41 PM
It sure does!! Thanks...I already emailed Karen!:mickey:

RedCoat999
01-09-2009, 08:23 AM
If I go for 7 days I get a 7 day ticket for the parks right? Can any of those day tickets be saved for future vaca's (like a year from now) or must they be used now?
Thanks

princessesmom
01-09-2009, 08:30 AM
In order to save days for a future trip, you would need to get the no-expiration option. It isn't cheap. You'll have to weigh it out to see if it is worth it or not.

MOJoe
01-12-2009, 10:09 AM
I was tempted to book in December, but too many plans were up in the air. I'm so glad bookings were extended! Because this is really a great deal. We're going in June for Star Wars Weekends and staying at the Beach Club! :vacation:

pamickeys
01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Any chance of the offer being extended past January 24 th ?

scoot241
01-23-2009, 09:51 AM
It's been extended again.

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=b4g3f&market=b4g3f

Offer valid for most Disney resorts at varying rates for stays most nights 3/1 - 3/9, 3/17 - 4/4 and 4/19 - 6/27/09.

Plus, when you travel between 3/1 - 3/9 and 3/17- 3/29, you'll also get a
$200 Disney Gift Card.

maestrotim
01-23-2009, 11:22 AM
I currently have a May week booked at the Poly (only garden view available for my dates) under this promotion, but I was wondering if garden view club happens to open after the March booking deadline, can I upgrade under the terms of this offer or would it be considered a new booking and not eligible for the promotion (basically starting from scratch at that point)? Thank you!

Hammer
01-23-2009, 02:14 PM

Nanci emailed us this morning with that info (I just now had a moment to log in). The thread title and first post have been updated.

yourmagicalguide
01-23-2009, 03:26 PM

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=b4g3f&market=b4g3f

Offer valid for most Disney resorts at varying rates for stays most nights 3/1 - 3/9, 3/17 - 4/4 and 4/19 - 6/27/09.

Plus, when you travel between 3/1 - 3/9 and 3/17- 3/29, you'll also get a
$200 Disney Gift Card.

They changed the dates with this extension. Before today, the promotion included the week I'm going (March 7 - 14). I obviously still have my hotel price and tickets locked in, but what about my $200 gift card? :confused: Since I have to wait until check-in to get it, will I still get mine since (under the previous promotion) I was entitled to one?

Any information anyone has would be great. Otherwise, I'll be making a phone call to Disney customer services when I leave work this evening.

WDWFanatic
01-23-2009, 03:56 PM
So what does it mean that they keep extending this offer? Does it mean they haven't gotten as many booking as they wanted?

Also is there any rumors about room only offers for the end of April? Fingers still crossed:thumbsup:

CaptainSad
01-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I am afraid this this means Disney is not getting the bookings. When you run this promotion into the start of the peak season, you can see the writing on the wall. They may get a bump July and August. But come September don't be surprised if it gets worse. With 123,000 lost jobs this past week, I am sure there are a few that had Disney plans that just got changed.

Vinny
01-28-2009, 02:54 PM
We booked one of these packages for our trip in June and were able to save $500. We usually book everything separate but could not justify that when we compared costs. Its a great deal.

Daisy'sMom
01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
I am planning a family reunion for the last week of Sept/first week of Oct. Family members want to hold out in case this deal gets extended.................I hope so.:mickey:

Tink1
02-03-2009, 06:29 PM
as a sign of how things are:

Beginning Monday, Feb. 9, the Walt Disney World® Resort "Buy Four, Get Three Free" offer will feature travel dates through Aug. 15, 2009

Great deal for those who can go!

Tink1
02-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Yep, posted it last night as soon as we got the email.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=145361&page=8

Sweetpea29488
02-04-2009, 02:01 PM
We really like going the last week of August. We are really flexable. I'm trying to decide (if they offer it) if the free dining would be worth more for the two of us or would it be worth it more to move our travel dates to get the buy 4 get 3 free deal would be better?

doodleboy
02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Not to worry. The way things are going there will be some sort of discount into 2010. I remember back in the early nineties when the economy wasn't the greatest. We always got some sort of deal and crowds were low then too.