Tuesday 10/28 @ MK

Cast:
Me, Lori, 36
DH, Brian, 35
DS, Ian, 6.5
DD, Elizabeth, turned 2
MIL, Elaine
FIL, Dave

Not a very early start, we were really dragging. Same Captain Cook's breakfast in room. When we did make it over to MK, I headed straight to Toon Town to pick up a "My First Trip" shirt for DD. I held out this long as I was hoping to find a pink one, just red this year for girls I guess. The girls played in the Toon Town play area while the boys did SM again and again. They joined us and we toured Minnie's and Mickey's houses, DD was so cute in there. Then DS and I did Goofy's Barnstormer, short and really jerky ride! The themeing is so cute though, had to do it and glad we did.

We hadn't eaten at Pinnochio's yet, and we do every trip, so that is where we lunched.:eat: I don't know if I was just super hungry again or what, but I dove into that chicken caesar salad and loved every minute of it. It was huge too, everyone else was done and I was still eating, and wasn't going to stop! Hey, I still had fudge cheescake to say hello to. Anyway, I don't remember what the rest had, I didn't care, I had that salad. I do know that my PBJ-aholic DS was thrilled to have his first PBJ of the trip, even if it was an uncrustable.

More rides all over the park until it was time for dinner at Tony's. I so wanted to be writing that it was most wonderful and everyone else is wrong, but it was just average. Our server was real nice, but there were times we needed her and she was no where to be found. I had the steak and thought is was an average steak you'd get anywhere - but it's still okay. FIL had the steak and ate every bit as MIL also ate all her spaghetti, guess they enjoyed it. DS ate his spaghetti without complaint and DH DID really like his chicken parm. So my advice to anyone planning on eating here is that it IS really fine, there are just many other WDW restaurants that are better.

Almost immediately after dinner we sat to watch Spectromagic. I would have enjoyed it much more if DD weren't crying, I guess it scared her. I would have walked her out of there, but I was completely walled in, had to sit it out. Oh well, win some, lose some. Monorailed back to paradise :lei: and went to bed.

Next: More MK, losing DS, and heading home:(

DizNee143
11-06-2008, 10:28 AM
sounds like a pretty nice day at the MK..
yuck..its almost the last day of the trip..i hae the end..

faline
11-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Guess Spectromagic wasn't a hit! Other than that, you had a pleasant day!

goofy for pluto
11-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Nice report!
Thanks for posting!
:thumbsup:

laward32
11-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I am glad your trip has been so wonderful. I have to agree with you on Tony's. It's not awful, but I know now there are other places I would rather eat. Thanks for sharing. Got me intrigued on the line about losing DS. Hope it all turned out okay.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks for posting...

January-2007
11-06-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm sorry you didn't love Tony's it's DH's fav. restaurant and my #2. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Excellent report- thanks for sharing- !! I have yet to eat at Tony's so i cant tell if your experience is a common one or not

magickingdom67
11-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

yjgirl32
11-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks for sharing.