PDA

View Full Version : The honeymoon we never had pretrip report

disneydrmr
11-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Cast:

Me (Diane) ..38

DH (Mike)...38 (hasn't been to Disney since he was little)

When: Nov. 9 thru the 15

Why: To celebrate our 15 year anniversary AND to have the honeymoon we never had

First.. this trip ALMOST wasn't... Early Oct Mike had an MRI/MRA done cause he was experiencing some weird symptoms. We were thinking all that would be found was some nerve issues or something simple from a car accident he had several years ago. Well.. results came back.. there are three blood vessels in his brain that are not right. They are pencil thin and bumpy looking. His brain is not getting the correct amount of oxygen. So there was much discussion as to whether we should take this trip or not. After getting the doct. assurance that Mike would be ok and not at any increased risk if we went.. and with knowing that with the economy the way it is this would probably be our last trip anywhere for awhile.. we decided to go ahead and take this trip... so without further ado.. here's the pretrip report...

15 years ago, Nov. 13, Mike and I got married. We had both just started new jobs and had little money so we did not have any type of honeymoon. Now... 15 years and a nice stimulus check later we decided to have that honeymoon. For the last 7 years we have been struggling in many ways... finances... sickness... maritial issues.. etc... things are on the up swing now and we have decided to renew our wedding vows. So on Nov. 8 we will have a small vow renewal ceremony then a small reception following. The next day, Nov. 9 we will board Airtran at 8AM (unless they change it AGAIN).. and fly out of Dayton for our long awaited and long over due honeymoon. We will land in Orlando around 10ish and head for Pop Century. On the advice of a friend we requested the Tramp Building, 4th floor, as this friend told us you could see the Epcot fireworks from there.

After checking in we will head over to the Magic Kingdom for the day. We'll grab a snack somewhere to tide us over till dinner. We have dinner adr at Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:10. The park has evening emh so we'll stay as late as we are able, catching Spectromagic at either 8 or 10 and Wishes at 9. Or we may head over to the Poly beach to watch the fireworks and the water parade from there.

Monday the 10th is our Hollywood Studios day. We will eat a breakfast from our room then head to the Studios before opening. We'll follow the crowd to Toy Story Mania, grabbing fast passes, then getting into the standby so we can enjoy this ride twice. We'll probably grab lunch at Pizza Planet. Dinner ADR at 50's Prime Time at 4:45. We'll catch Block Party Bash at 3pm and probably the late (8pm) showing of Fantasmic. Evening EMH so park is open till 11 I believe.. we'll probably cut out right after Fantasmic though.

Tuesday the 11th is sorta Animal Kingdom day. A good friend of mine wanted to get Mike and I something for our anniversary/vow renewal gift and offered us tickets to Mickey's Christmas party.. so this is the night we choose. We start the day with breakfast at Rainforest Care at the Animal Kingdom at 9am. Then we'll head in to the park, tackle Everest, maybe a couple other rides. We plan to cut out around 1ish to head back to the room for a nap. We'll head over to MK around 4ish for the party. No dinner adr.. will grab counter somewhere (maybe Pecos Bill). We'll enjoy the whole party!!!

Wednesday the 12th is Epcot day. We'll sleep in a bit.. then head over. We'll ride Soarin', Nemo and a few other rides. Dinner is at the Rose & Crown at 7:20 and we hope to snag a water side table to watch Illuminations.

Thursday the 13th.. our anniversay day!!! We'll spend it at MK! Breakfast at 8:30 at Ohana, My best friend and her husband decided to give us a wonderful gift for our anniversary - they are buying us dinner at Cinderella's Table.. that will be at 4pm. We may cut out after dinner... depending on if we'd done 'everything' we'd wanted to do.. if we do cut out we'll head over to Down town Disney for a bit.

Friday the 14th. We plan to spend this day at Animal Kingdom since we did not have a full day in this park. We'll cut out around 4ish and head over to Downtown Disney where we'll grab sandwiches at the Earl and either eat them there or go back to our room for the night.

Saturday the 15.. departure day.. they keep changing this flight.. at the time I'm typing this we depart Orlando at 12:38.. but who knows what time we'll leave.. I'll have my parents check it for us Friday so we'll know for sure!

Sooo.. there is my long awaited honeymoon. I'm really looking forward to this. And I hope that I will be able to convert my husband into a full fledged Disney lover as I'm hoping this won't be his 'first and last' trip there as an adult.

DizNee143
11-06-2008, 08:28 AM
i hope you and you hubby have a great time on your long awaited honeymoon!!! :mickey:

disneymom15
11-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Sounds like a good plan. Have a wonderful trip.

January-2007
11-06-2008, 09:56 AM
I hope you have the most magical time! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
11-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Sounds like a wonderful trip plan. Have a great time. Happy Anniversary!!:cloud9:

faline
11-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Great plans! Congrats on your anniversary! I hope this trip is magical for both of your!

snuggs30
11-06-2008, 10:45 AM
I am really glad you got to go! Good for you! We are leaving on Sat from Sidney Ohio so when we finish the last part of the trip on sunday, look down from the plane will you on 1-75 and wave..haha We have pretty much the same plans as you! And I know what you mean about the flight! My daughter will be flying back the same time as you! Look for a redhead! We are also staying at pop in the 50's building! I take it you are from Ohio since you are flying out of Dayton! Good to know there will be fellow buckeyes staying at pop too! And we will be at the Christmas party the same night! haha. Have a WONDERFUL trip and Happy Anniversary!:party:

Diznee4Me
11-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Sounds like you have it all planned out! Have a great trip, we'll be there in two weeks ourselves! :mickey::number1:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Have a wonderful time:mickey:

Tinkerbella16
11-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip!

My mom and I are going the same exact dates as you and we are soooo excited. We are flying Airtran going also, and they only changed our flight on us once.

We'll be at DHS on monday the 10th also!! See ya there!!! :mickey:

GrandFlo
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Hey, we have the same anniversary....11/13/93. We are also going to Disney 11/12-11/17 for our 15th :D.

Your plans sound great, you will have a magical trip. Enjoy.

yjgirl32
11-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Sounds like a great trip!!! Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a truly magical time.

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:14 PM
My heart goes out to you- I wish you a tremendous trip-

ChipnDaleGal
11-11-2008, 08:22 AM
I am so glad that you two will get that long overdue honeymoon. I hope you are enjoying it very much and I look forward to hearing about it when you return. :mickey: